• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:29 PM

Go buy a box of uncrustables - pre made PBJs. I get mine at COSTCO but other places have them. eat 2/day, that's another 660 cals if I'm not mistaken, around 30g fat and some protein and carbs. It'll definitely help. I agree you aren't eating enough.

As for the workouts, I am far from a personal trainer but they seem very short with low volume. I'm not a fan.
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#27 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Good luck on the goals OP I'll follow this log
I love you man!

#28 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

I used to get the all natural peanut butter but haven't used it in a while the kids don't like it…been jif lately should i switch back and just keep my a jar at work to snack on and jar at the house for myself.  Will def. pick up one of those huge bags of rice this week.  Whats your thoughts on fruit I used to eat a banana with a couple teaspoons of peanut butter and honey before i lifted.

Have you tryed Jif natty bp? The fat is palm oil instead of hydrogenated crap. Kids might actually like it. Its pretty tasty! The palm oil converts to ketones in the liver. Not as high of a % of mcts as coconut oil but not bad. Good fuel for the body and brain.
  • sinewave3 likes this

#29 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

I am on a tight budget and eat those 3 things everyday!  Bananas are my favorite preworkout snack.

Sinewave you got any cheap and easy meals or ideas besides what we've mentioned.  

#30 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Go buy a box of uncrustables - pre made PBJs. I get mine at COSTCO but other places have them. eat 2/day, that's another 660 cals if I'm not mistaken, around 30g fat and some protein and carbs. It'll definitely help. I agree you aren't eating enough.

As for the workouts, I am far from a personal trainer but they seem very short with low volume. I'm not a fan.

I actually love those i bought a box for the kids once they didnt like them so poor dad had to eat them…..

what type of programs do you do bodybuilding, powerlifting etc

• milkhouse likes this

#31 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Have you tryed Jif natty bp? The fat is palm oil instead of hydrogenated crap. Kids might actually like it. Its pretty tasty! The palm oil converts to ketones in the liver. Not as high of a % of mcts as coconut oil but not bad. Good fuel for the body and brain.

no i've never seen that I will look for it next time I am out actually me and my wife are the pb eaters in the house.

#32 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

thanks for the advice and helps guys

#33 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

I actually love those i bought a box for the kids once they didnt like them so poor dad had to eat them…..
what type of programs do you do bodybuilding, powerlifting etc

Honestly, I don't follow any single program. I try to tell myself I should but I fall off the bandwagon pretty quickly.
That said I still gained strength and size well enough. Deadlifted 550 weighing 185 natty, benched 395x2 @ 195 altgough this was on Hdrol. Squats are a meager 430 though.
I mix high weight, 1-3 reps with hypertrophy workouts depending how I feel.
Pull-ups---------52

#34 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

no i've never seen that I will look for it next time I am out actually me and my wife are the pb eaters in the house.

y'all will probably like this. I used to buy the kind that you have to refridgerate and the wife never touched it. She likes the Jif tho. She's doing keto with me too so we both eat it without bread.
  • milkhouse likes this

#35 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Sinewave you got any cheap and easy meals or ideas besides what we've mentioned.

Sure man, I will dig some up.

I also eat lots of cans of chili. They are usually about a buck but I stock up if there is a good sale. Co workers prob hate me though! 1 can is about 600 cals but have a banana and or meant butter with it and you can make a meal.

I also try to make a crock pot meal on the weekend and make extra to take to work during the week. Cheaper than going out and prob healthier too.
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

#36 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

Honestly, I don't follow any single program. I try to tell myself I should but I fall off the bandwagon pretty quickly.
That said I still gained strength and size well enough. Deadlifted 550 weighing 185 natty, benched 395x2 @ 195 altgough this was on Hdrol. Squats are a meager 430 though.

I hate you!
I love you man!

#37 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

I hate you!

Lol, that's not to say it comes easy. I've been lifting since I was 155lb, about 14 years ago. I actually hit myself gaining too much strength with hdrol. Now I don't bench heavy anymore - 225 for reps :)
  • milkhouse likes this
Pull-ups---------52

#38 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

Thats amazing bro it sounds like you do a lot of power building work or once did those are some serious numbers for your size.  I am just now starting to feel good and able to go heavier since my shoulder injury.  I didnt train for over a year because of it I think my dr. and pt was a little over the top but at least i know i am pretty much 100% or lets say 98% with 2 % impingement.

#39 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

Sure man, I will dig some up.

I also eat lots of cans of chili. They are usually about a buck but I stock up if there is a good sale. Co workers prob hate me though! 1 can is about 600 cals but have a banana and or meant butter with it and you can make a meal.

I also try to make a crock pot meal on the weekend and make extra to take to work during the week. Cheaper than going out and prob healthier too.

I never thought about the canned chili and i actually love that stuff.  Most of that is what we would consider pretty good calories?

I am wanting to gain strength mostly my size isn't to bad want to lose some inches around the midsection during this log too I've already noticed 

some changes not ripped by any means but looking leaner.

#40 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Just a little update:

I always take wed. off from training i really needed anyways I knew that i pushed myself pretty hard and felt great during my tues bench session I was 

extremely sore especially in the triceps.  They are my biggest sticking point while benching so I try to hit them pretty good.  Even with the low volume

tues i had an awesome pump.  I really like this stack so far.  I am feeling stronger in the gym and the focus is top notch.  Haven't check my blood pressure but pretty sure it has elevated a tad which is to be expected.  I really like that fact that the pwo is a pill that dissolves in sec under the tongue not  powders to mix or pack around.  Will hit squats today for reps.  I had a spaghetti meal last night with a salad so feel like i had plenty of carbs and this morning had 4 whole eggs, 5 whites, slice of american cheese

made old fashioned oats with 2 tbs of pb and some honey then washed it down with dynmatize iso shake.

• milkhouse likes this

#41 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

Thats amazing bro it sounds like you do a lot of power building work or once did those are some serious numbers for your size. I am just now starting to feel good and able to go heavier since my shoulder injury. I didnt train for over a year because of it I think my dr. and pt was a little over the top but at least i know i am pretty much 100% or lets say 98% with 2 % impingement.

I tend to bounce between the two but these days it's more hypertrophy due to nagging chest pain if I go heavy. I've also gained size, 202lbs this am, so the numbers aren't quite as impressive :(

Good luck though and keep at it. Glad to hear you've recovered.
Pull-ups---------52

#42 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

I tend to bounce between the two but these days it's more hypertrophy due to nagging chest pain if I go heavy. I've also gained size, 202lbs this am, so the numbers aren't quite as impressive :(
Good luck though and keep at it. Glad to hear you've recovered.

Not to get off topic but were those numbers natty?
I love you man!

#43 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:51 PM

Deads and squats yes but not bench, as I mentioned above. 225 bench x 32 was on SD.
  • milkhouse likes this
Pull-ups---------52

#44 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

Day 6

Rep Squats

Felt really good going into my workout today I at a good solid meal loaded with carbs the night before and doing better on my calorie and carb intake.  One thing that I am noticing with the preworkout dmaamented anabolic infusion is the massive sweating I am doing.  I can tell there are some thermagenic properties in this blend.  Again focus is great leg day is bar far my hardest being 6'4"  its a long ways down to the hole but I had high energy and again hit some rep prs.  A lot of times I do not have enough reserve to do calves/abs but I've been able to do that while on this stack.  Will be checking my weight Saturday morning to see how things are going.

Squats  3 x 4,5pr, 4  80%  300

Front squats 2 X 2,3 pr  75%  225

Pause squats 3 X 6 70  225

Ghr  3 X 12 used mini elitfts band for resistance

Back raise 4 X 12

Band leg curl using elitfts average band

Seated Calf raise  15 min. straight went one leg at a time alternating every 10 reps the pump was painful pretty sure will have cramps in bed tonight.

Breakfast:  4 whole eggs, 5 whites, American cheese, 1 cup of whole oats with 2 tbs of peanut butter and honey, dymatize iso shake.

Snack:  2 cans of tuna, banana, 1 cup black coffee, protein bar

Lunch Post workout:  2 8 oz chicken breast, green beans sodium free, dymatize iso shake, 1 cup white rice

Snack: Protein bar 1 glass 2% milk

Dinner:  Spaghetti with home made meat sauce with whole mushrooms, salad fat free ranch 

• milkhouse likes this

#45 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

Squatting must be tough at 6'4". Good work man
I love you man!

#46 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

I never thought about the canned chili and i actually love that stuff. Most of that is what we would consider pretty good calories?
I am wanting to gain strength mostly my size isn't to bad want to lose some inches around the midsection during this log too I've already noticed
some changes not ripped by any means but looking leaner.

I think chili is good for a quick meal. Protein, fiber, carbs, some fats. A bit high on sodium unless it's home made.

And nice work so far. Leaning a bit and gaining strength is always great.
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

#47 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

You know I loved being taller playing basketball all my life but now

it can be a pain with leverage and adding mass but i don't use that as an excuse look at

these pro strongmen some are 6'6"-6'8"

• milkhouse likes this

#48 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Day 7

Bodybuilding day

On the 4th day of every week in the cube method Brandon Lilly calls it his bodybuilding day or work on weak areas.

I always start out with standing shoulder press if you look back in history at all the great benchers they all had strong

military presses.  Like i said a while back i tore my rotator a little over a year ago I couldn't even press the bar my max

right now on the press is 175 before my injury i was up to 225 looking to get that back and surpass that.

Felt really tired today for some reason our weather here in ky has been horrible lots of rain and just nasty not sure if that's it

or my kids wearing me out.  Once i hit my 3 preworkout pills i was good to go.  I've noticed on the bottle it says to take within 30 min of workout but i swear i feel them kick in after 10-12 min of dissolving.  My diet has stayed constant the last couple days and I'll keep it pretty much the same.  Saturday will probably be a cheat day i will keep reasonable...Another thing ive noticed with the dmaamented is there is no crash i have good clean energy the whole day and night through i can outlast the kids now.

Standing shoulder press (5/3/1 format)  3 X 3  70% 80% 90%  115,130,145

Seated DB press with added resistance with mini bands  3 X 10   35lb

Crazy 8's ( i read this in a muscular development article by a power lifting to add strength and mass to the tri's I even didn it for bi's too)  Decline bench DB laying ext.  8 X 8 with 8 sec rest  I used 20's and died.

Next i did the same concept with incline db curls for bis  8 X 8 8 sec rest again used 20's

I don't do a lot of specialized arm training since i hit so many deads and bench so i like these types of workouts it really pushed the blood in the arms and it was very intense.

Finished the day with cable crunches  6 X 15

Overall very good workout shoulder presses felt great no pain and was able to push out a couple extra reps on the last set, and like i said the arms were beyond pumped.

#49 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Weekend Update:

I do not train during the weekend unless i miss a day or two during the week.

I weighed myself sunday morning I am at 248 looking learner and more vascular while increasing

strength.  Hoping these next two weeks I will be able to see a really good increase in strength as this will finish

up the Construct dhea product then on to pct.  Saturday was my cheat day ate pretty much whatever i wanted but at the same time

i burn plenty of calories playing with my kids and working outdoors.  I don't want to lose much more weight at this point

I believe if i do I will start sacrificing some strength and mass.

#50 bigcoachk

bigcoachk

light weight babbbbby

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationsmallville usa

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Day 8:  Rep Deadlifts

Had a great weekend feel like I got rested up really good went into this workout a few lbs lighter so really wanted to see how my strength and speed was off the pull.  Really sweating a lot in the workouts lately which is a plus I know the intensity is there.  Diet is stay the same throughout the day.  Family wanted Wendys so i got a plain grilled chicken sandwich and side salad then finished the night off with a protein bar and bottle of water.  The energy from the dmaamented anabolic infusion seriously last all day I just now came in to the house from digging some ditches its 8 pm. 

Deadlifts  3 X 4,5,5  80%  380  pr on last two sets

4" block pulls  2 X 3  85%  400 pr on both sets

2" deficit deads  2 X 6  75%  350

Seated Db shrugs  3 X 10  95lb

Bent over rev. grip db rows  4 X 12  60lb

GHR with average band  3 X 10

single leg press calf raise (15 min. alternating each leg)

• milkhouse and PZT like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users