Kratom In Nostrum's Cranium

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

heavyiron and the fine folks at Mile High Kratom were nice enough to send me some samples to review for you, the readers, here at PHF

I asked for varieties said to promote energy and focus.  I got 3 varieties: White Vein Borneo, Premium Maeng Da and Yellow Vietnam (there's a joke somewhere in that last one... )

I'll start with a funny story:

This stuff actually showed up last week and I figured I'd start it with the first workout of the week which should have been yesterday.  However, I went to Outback on Sunday night.  Now I'm usually OK with spicy food...  Eating them was no worse than Buffalo wings.  The quality wasn't what I would have expected from Outback but that's what I get for ordering sea food at a steak place.  Anyway, something in them did not agree with me and I was up all night Sunday night/Monday morning shitting my brains out...  Soooo, yesterday was an extra rest day and today was the first workout of the week and the first dose of Kratom...

• Majora23 and frank thomas like this

#2 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

So I ripped open the White Vein and consulted Spiny, on dosing, as he has experience with the stuff.  He says he usually takes about 3 scoops which he figures to be about 5 grams  (They sent me a handy dandy scoop but there was no indication of how much 1 scoop equals)  

Spiny's a big boy and I had never tried the stuff so I started with two scoops... For some reason using the same number of scoops as the sun uses for raisin bran just seemed right... "It's always a great day with 2 scoops of Kratom!"  or something like that...

The stuff doesn't mix up real well and doesn't taste too great; kinda like green tea and grass clippings.  I mixed it up with some Strawberry Margarita C4.  Most of it went down pretty easy but as I got to the bottom, it started to get pretty gritty to the point where the grit was making wretch a little.  So, I mixed the end of it with a scoop of lemon BCAAs and I was able to get it down.

My shoulder has been bothering me a bit, so, I kind of used that as a guage.  It seemed to wear in slowly and subtly for about the first 30 minutes or so and then I got  a pretty noticeable sensation of butterflies in my stomach.  At that point, I started to notice some relief in my shoulder and a sort of calm yet upbeat feeling.  I was energized but not in the same way as I would be if I added some other stim to the C4.  I would have had no problem sitting still and there was a nice anxiety-free feeling.  The butterflies subsided quickly but the relaxed energy lasted for hours.

Had a great workout on stuff.  There was no dopey sensation like one might expect from something so often compared to opiates. I would say the pain relief was comparable to a tramadol.  I wasn't numb; I was still aware of the soreness/ tightness in my shoulder but it was greatly diminished.

I'll be on for a while tonight if anyone has questions and of course, I'll be continuing to update this log as I continue to try the White Vein as well as the other varieties.  Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thanks for following. 

• heavyiron, Majora23 and frank thomas like this

#3 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

Mixing/drinkability tip; blend it with a flavored protein shake, taste and rough mix solved.
  • sinewave3 likes this
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#4 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

Sounds like a plan.  I'll probably give that a shot tomorrow.

• Majora23 likes this

#5 bowskie69

bowskie69

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationFWB, FL

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

I never found kratom to mix very well
I always poured it in my mouth and washed it down with any flavored beverage. This gets the job done quickly so you don't have to repeatedly sip on it. Works best on an empty stomach IME. Enjoy! I'll be following.
  • villie likes this
Rep Iron Legion
Rep Alpha Gainz
WBPP10 will get you $10 off of HeyDay footwear/gear! Use the following link:http://bit.ly/2mEE798

#6 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

I never found kratom to mix very well
I always poured it in my mouth and washed it down with any flavored beverage. This gets the job done quickly so you don't have to repeatedly sip on it. Works best on an empty stomach IME. Enjoy! I'll be following.

Glad to have you following along.

#7 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Following. Quite curious and tempted. Don't really have a whole lot of pain anywhere except DOMs now and then but why the hell not! Lol

Would love to know how different levels of the same variant affect you differently.
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#8 villie

villie

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:55 PM

kratom tastes horrible!!!

foun d smoothies are one of the easiest ways to take. im actually drinking a chocolate optimum nutrition serious mass shake bleding with a frozen banana and a heaping teaspoon of red meang da. white vein for pre workout is a good call, assuming that's why you mixed it with c4.

#9 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,320 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:27 AM

Following...........can't wait till you try the blue vien haha

#10 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:49 AM

Following. Quite curious and tempted. Don't really have a whole lot of pain anywhere except DOMs now and then but why the hell not! Lol

Would love to know how different levels of the same variant affect you differently.

It definitely gives a nice feel aside from any pain relief.  Fun stuff.

#11 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

kratom tastes horrible!!!

foun d smoothies are one of the easiest ways to take. im actually drinking a chocolate optimum nutrition serious mass shake bleding with a frozen banana and a heaping teaspoon of red meang da. white vein for pre workout is a good call, assuming that's why you mixed it with c4.

Nice!  Glad to have you following.

#12 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

Looseunitwa, on 28 Oct 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Following...........can't wait till you try the blue vien haha

I put that one on the blender too, right? :0face: :0face:

#13 bowskie69

bowskie69

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationFWB, FL

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:11 AM

It definitely gives a nice feel aside from any pain relief.  Fun stuff.

Mind effects are dose dependant. For me 1 tablespoon feels like a small dose of buprenorphine
The warm "buzz" slowly creeps through your body and lasts for hours!
Rep Iron Legion
Rep Alpha Gainz
WBPP10 will get you $10 off of HeyDay footwear/gear! Use the following link:http://bit.ly/2mEE798

#14 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

Pretty right on taste wise. Lawn clippings and tea, lol! The flavor does not bother me but the grittiness can.
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

#15 frank thomas

frank thomas

• Reps
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

subbed

• Nostrum and Wesleyinman like this

#16 00S4boy

00S4boy

Celtic Labs Rep

• Reps
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

Just a thought nos, if you like green tea you could try mixing it with Matcha(powdered green tea).

I just started drinking Matcha to get out of my normal dunkies morning kick, due to the fact that it contains caffeine and 2 other xanthine alkaloids, theobromine and theophylline which supposedly work in a three way synergistic effect, and L-theanine.

So anyway with the flavor and texture you described it sounds almost exactly like Matcha, you could try this recipe of Matcha, Unsweetened almond milk and Liquid stevia, add the kratom in that so have a similar match in flavor, and also use the stevia as needed to counteract any bitterness from it.

• sinewave3 and bowskie69 like this

PHF Supplements Rep

http://www.phfsupplements.com

#17 SimonBoyle

SimonBoyle

Head Rep

• Super Moderators
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:05 PM

in

• Wesleyinman likes this

#18 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:25 PM

Just a thought nos, if you like green tea you could try mixing it with Matcha(powdered green tea).

I just started drinking Matcha to get out of my normal dunkies morning kick, due to the fact that it contains caffeine and 2 other xanthine alkaloids, theobromine and theophylline which supposedly work in a three way synergistic effect, and L-theanine.

So anyway with the flavor and texture you described it sounds almost exactly like Matcha, you could try this recipe of Matcha, Unsweetened almond milk and Liquid stevia, add the kratom in that so have a similar match in flavor, and also use the stevia as needed to counteract any bitterness from it.

I have 1-2 sample packets of Matcha.  I might give this a try.

#19 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

in

subbed

Glad to have you guys following along.

#20 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

Pretty right on taste wise. Lawn clippings and tea, lol! The flavor does not bother me but the grittiness can.

The grit made me wretch pretty hard.  I'll be trying the smoothie idea a little later on today.

#21 spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

PHF Rep

• Reps
  • 8,528 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:03 PM

Man up and swallow. Its not so bad once you get past the taste
  • bowskie69, Majora23 and SimonBoyle like this

#22 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

Tried it in a shake today.  I'd say it was about the same as mixing it with C4.  Most of the shake wasn't bad but there was a distinct kratomy taste at the bottom. 

Had the shake on an empty stomach and tried 2.5 scoops.  There was a more distinct spacey feeling.  I prefer the feel I got yesterday with 2 scoops.  I may even drop down to 1-1.5 scoops and see what that does.

Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna give it a rest for tomorrow or try different strain or just more of the white vein or what...

• bowskie69 likes this

#23 bowskie69

bowskie69

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationFWB, FL

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

Tried it in a shake today. I'd say it was about the same as mixing it with C4. Most of the shake wasn't bad but there was a distinct kratomy taste at the bottom.

Had the shake on an empty stomach and tried 2.5 scoops. There was a more distinct spacey feeling. I prefer the feel I got yesterday with 2 scoops. I may even drop down to 1-1.5 scoops and see what that does.

Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna give it a rest for tomorrow or try different strain or just more of the white vein or what...

A break would be a wise decision, this stuff IS habit forming. One of the several psychoactive alkaloids in kratom is 7-hydroxymitragynine (sp), a full opioid agonist. I believe it's something like 7-10x more potent than morphine. Withdrawal is a bitch!
Rep Iron Legion
Rep Alpha Gainz

#24 SimonBoyle

SimonBoyle

Head Rep

• Super Moderators
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

Man up and swallow. Its not so bad once you get past the taste

Bet you say that to all the boys.
  • labelhunter likes this

#25 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

So anyway with the flavor and texture you described it sounds almost exactly like Matcha, you could try this recipe of Matcha, Unsweetened almond milk and Liquid stevia, add the kratom in that so have a similar match in flavor, and also use the stevia as needed to counteract any bit

I use matcha as well, love the stuff. use it with l-dopa preworkout as it causes dopamine to cross blood brain barrier with a high dose of egcg; although,  not good for anyone that uses any serotonin releasers 

A break would be a wise decision, this stuff IS habit forming. One of the several psychoactive alkaloids in kratom is 7-hydroxymitragynine (sp), a full opioid agonist. I believe it's something like 7-10x more potent than morphine. Withdrawal is a bitch!

I beleive some guys started using this daily.  One guy said he could stop anytime he wanted-idk though I dont have expirience with kratom.  Ive heard of some using smaller dose for preworkout as a stim like effect and large dose at night like when chillen or before bed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users