50 replies to this topic

#26 rigel

rigel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:54 PM

I use matcha as well, love the stuff. use it with l-dopa preworkout as it causes dopamine to cross blood brain barrier with a high dose of egcg; although,  not good for anyone that uses any serotonin releasers 

what is your egcg and l dopa dosage?

#27 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

what is your egcg and l dopa dosage?

one scoop of the  magic matcha I use has about 350 mgs, which you wont find anywhere except in a certain kind of japanese starbucks green tea which costs about $ 4.00 a serving.  I use this combo on weight lifting days only-pre-workout, not on cardio

L-dopa, think its about 280 mgs if i recall right.   Use to use more l -dopa .  I used it for eleven months straight.  From experience its best to take a break with l-dopa use every eight weeks .  Could do three months, I feel , and would be okay.... wouldnt push it  though.   Moreover, if you are using a serotoninic compound or or any prescription serontin(ssri or ssni's) l-dopa it can cause nuerotoxity, from the research I did , so dont do it before using.

. From experience I  did a serotonin releaser, not saying what, so dont ask, and used l-dopa 99% quite a bit before and got some bad side effects-very bad------so cant for suresay it was this.  Im not trying to scare anyone- I was sure scared though for a week , and have sides so bad Ive never had before. .  That said,  research shows using dopamine raising stuff , like l-dopa , and the research I saw might have been on l-dopa,  does effect drugs that release a lot of serotonin , just be researched in everything you take, just because its otc doesnt mean it cant interact with other stuff and cause bad side effects 

okay please didnt mean to derail, please keep focused on Kratom

• rigel likes this

#28 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

OK picking up where we left off...

Last week I tried 1 scoop of white vein.  I didn't get a whole lot of effect from it but I did learn that if I mix the stuff with C4 and keep the mixture swirling any time I'm not drinking it, it goes down a tiny bit easier.  I did get a headache as the stuff was wearing off.  May have been a fluke.

I took several days off.  No major cravings or withdrawal symptoms to note.

Monday I tried the "Premium Maeng Da"  I mixed 2 scoops with 2 scoops of C4 and kept it swirling.  Again, still pretty nasty but I got through it.  I noticed a less pronounced mental effect as compared with the "White Vein"  I'd rate the pain relief about equal, though.  That comment is, however, pretty subjective considering that I wasn't in as much pain as when I first tried the "White Vein"

Repeated Monday's dosing, today with similar results.  No major cravings or withdrawal symptoms yesterday either.

Why do they not cap this stuff?

Also, I'm considering getting some filter paper and steeping it with some loose leaf tea.  Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

• Happy234 and Majora23 like this

#29 spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

PHF Rep

• Reps
  • 8,528 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

Keester it, lol
  • Majora23 and SimonBoyle like this

#30 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

Have you taken any mid evening simply to relax and aid in sleeping?
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#31 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:12 PM

Not yet.  All three varieties I got are supposed to be focusing and uplifting but if taken w/o stim I probably would sleep pretty well on the stuff... Might give this a try.

#32 heavyiron

heavyiron

Community Veteran

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

Stuff tastes pretty rough. I have found 2 ways to choke it down that I can tolerate. Mix with 1.5 cups real orange juice and use a shaker cup and pound it before getting in the car heading to the gym or in chocolate protein shake. Chocolate masks like 75% of the grass clippings taste. 

They sell very cheap capping machines/kits online. Like $15 for the 00 size kit. 

THE MOST HARDCORE BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS ON THE MARKET, PERIOD!

IRONMAGLABS BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

IronMagLabs.com

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

#33 heavyiron

heavyiron

Community Veteran

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

Not yet.  All three varieties I got are supposed to be focusing and uplifting but if taken w/o stim I probably would sleep pretty well on the stuff... Might give this a try.

Kratom tends to be a bit stimulating at first with pretty much any strain and then transitions to a more sedated feel so using it 3-4 hours before bedtime might be a consideration. If taken too close to bed time you may still be in that minor stim phase.

IronMagLabs.com

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

#34 Wesleyinman

Wesleyinman

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:51 PM

Stuff tastes pretty rough. I have found 2 ways to choke it down that I can tolerate. Mix with 1.5 cups real orange juice and use a shaker cup and pound it before getting in the car heading to the gym or in chocolate protein shake. Chocolate masks like 75% of the grass clippings taste. 

They sell very cheap capping machines/kits online. Like $15 for the 00 size kit. 

Which one gives a stimulant like effect used for preworkout??

-Subbed

Sponsored Lighweight 105K Strongman Competitor

IRON MAG LABS BODYBUILDING REP -

"WES15" for 15% off all orders at

www.ironmaglabs.com or www.ironmagresearch.com

#35 heavyiron

heavyiron

Community Veteran

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:54 PM

-Subbed

The White Vein's and the Maeng Da's for me. 

• Wesleyinman likes this

IronMagLabs.com

#36 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

I find the Bali to be relaxing. Malay is supposed to be similar, prob going to try that one again tonight. Heard it called "mellow Malay" online.
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

#37 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

ive studied it quite a bit

for more stimulation take lower doses.  

To get a near opiate effect  take high doses.  

if your a lightweight with this stuff work your way up.  If im not mistaken, on some of the reports ive read,  ive heard of people taking a lot and throwing up

#38 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

I think I'm gonna try the yellow Vietnam (I still think there's a joke the somewhere) today PWO.

I will probably try some Maeng Da in the evening later this week.

#39 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

Long term the capping kit seems like the best plan.  I usually make fruit smoothies with vanilla protein but I have a sample packet of chocolate.  I'll either try that or run out for some OJ.

#40 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

-Subbed

The White Vein's and the Maeng Da's for me. 

^ Those are the two I've tried PWO so far.  I found the white vein a little more potent.

• heavyiron likes this

#41 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

Sooo.... yesterday's gym time was vetoed in favor of sexercise...

I must've gone at it a little too hard because this morning my back, hips and legs were KILLING me.

Mixed 2 Scoops Yellow Vietnam with some OJ.  I had a tough time getting it down at first but I watered it down with a little more OJ and got through it.  Took a while to kick in but the pain relief has been excellent!

I'm still thinking capping would be best but since I don't have the stuff to do it myself, right now I might try using a coffee filter and brewing it into a tea.

• commandopat likes this

#42 FightingIrish

FightingIrish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

Sooo.... yesterday's gym time was vetoed in favor of sexercise...

I must've gone at it a little too hard because this morning my back, hips and legs were KILLING me.

Mixed 2 Scoops Yellow Vietnam with some OJ.  I had a tough time getting it down at first but I watered it down with a little more OJ and got through it.  Took a while to kick in but the pain relief has been excellent!

I'm still thinking capping would be best but since I don't have the stuff to do it myself, right now I might try using a coffee filter and brewing it into a tea.

Have you tried the green indo yet, I've got some on the way but I'm curious about other's experience with it. This is my first time using kratom, pretty excited to see what it's all about.

#43 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:59 PM

Have you tried the green indo yet, I've got some on the way but I'm curious about other's experience with it. This is my first time using kratom, pretty excited to see what it's all about.

No, sorry.  My experiences ITT are my first experiences with Kratom.

#44 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

Did the Kratom affect the sex at all? I have not quite timed that one right...
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

#45 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

Nah, it was good... Good enough for me to strain my back doing it...

• sinewave3 likes this

#46 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

What kind of pain relief? Sore muscles or something more serious? Would love if one of them relaxed the muscles, like flexeril or something similar.
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#47 Nostrum

Nostrum

• Banned
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Never used a muscle relaxer so I can't really make a comparison 

• commandopat likes this

#48 SimonBoyle

SimonBoyle

Head Rep

• Super Moderators
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:22 AM

Nah, it was good... Good enough for me to strain my back doing it...

Just ask him to be gentle next time.
  • heavyiron likes this

#49 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

Never used a muscle relaxer so I can't really make a comparison 

tweaked my back in gym yesterday doing seated db shrugs 100 lbs each, dont that many times before up to 125 lbs and on 5th rep stopped immediately left back felt a pull shift.  did some physical therapy foam rolling and a bit of tennis ball over tendon, took 1000 mgs phenibut and that worked great as a muscle relaxer.   I would think kratom at the high doses , 10-15 ,gs would work well.  If you havent gone that high though I would not push it, and work up slowly to that dose... again some people have thrown up at 15 mgs  if im not mistaken on dosing 

• sinewave3 likes this

#50 heavyiron

heavyiron

Community Veteran

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

Did the Kratom affect the sex at all? I have not quite timed that one right...

It can prolong sex but only if I take large doses. (over 10 grams) 

IronMagLabs.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users