Great Abs Take Years To Develop?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

Let me start off by saying I was an ectomorph growing up, but when I hit about 25 I got lazy, quit exercising and started eating like crap. So after a few years I blossomed into a fine upstanding endomorph. So I decided to lose all the weight last summer. Now I've lost nearly 58 lbs and 8 inches off my waist in 10 months from eating below maintenance calories and running my ass off. Back in January I started doing more macro manipulation and I've found that intermittent fasting and atkins diet combined works well to break through my plateaus. That plus Lipomorph and Baiba seems to have helped.

I now have a 32" waist and weighed 185 this morning. My waist is skinny and my stomach is flat. No bulges or pooches at all. Yet no abs. I'm seeing more obliques in the last couple of weeks but no difference in the abs department.

What's so disheartening is that when I was 152 lbs and wrestling I didn't have  a 6 pack even then and I semi-starved myself each week to make weight. Just flat stomach. And that was when I was 16 and 17 years old and doing tons of situps. I guess back then I would have had to drop to even lower body fat levels to see my abs even though I was already very skinny at 6' tall.

I know everyone says abs are possible it's just a matter of willpower and dieting...but is there a group of people who seem to just never get a 6 pack no matter how hard they try? I've also read by some people that developing a good 6 pack takes years of patience, dieting and hard work. Is that true for some people?  Cause I've been working my ass off and not much of a 6 pack to show for it. Just a flat stomach.

And also, if you had to be really thin and frail looking to have a 6 pack would you do it?

If anyone has any ideas or guidance I'd be grateful.

• Bighulksmash likes this

#2 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

Let me start off by saying I was an ectomorph growing up, but when I hit about 25 I got lazy, quit exercising and started eating like crap. So after a few years I blossomed into a fine upstanding endomorph. So I decided to lose all the weight last summer. Now I've lost nearly 58 lbs and 8 inches off my waist in 10 months from eating below maintenance calories and running my ass off. Back in January I started doing more macro manipulation and I've found that intermittent fasting and atkins diet combined works well to break through my plateaus. That plus Lipomorph and Baiba seems to have helped.

I now have a 32" waist and weighed 185 this morning. My waist is skinny and my stomach is flat. No bulges or pooches at all. Yet no abs. I'm seeing more obliques in the last couple of weeks but no difference in the abs department.

What's so disheartening is that when I was 152 lbs and wrestling I didn't have  a 6 pack even then and I semi-starved myself each week to make weight. Just flat stomach. And that was when I was 16 and 17 years old and doing tons of situps. I guess back then I would have had to drop to even lower body fat levels to see my abs even though I was already very skinny at 6' tall.

I know everyone says abs are possible it's just a matter of willpower and dieting...but is there a group of people who seem to just never get a 6 pack no matter how hard they try? I've also read by some people that developing a good 6 pack takes years of patience, dieting and hard work. Is that true for some people?  Cause I've been working my ass off and not much of a 6 pack to show for it. Just a flat stomach.

And also, if you had to be really thin and frail looking to have a 6 pack would you do it?

If anyone has any ideas or guidance I'd be grateful.

Get stronger in the barbell lifts. Abs that are strong are easily seen. Another problem would be that the person just isn't lean enough to see their abs even though theyre skinny. It could be a multitude of problems. Abs aren't that good of a measure of bodyfat because you can be fat and see abs if youre strong but if they were leaner the abs would pop more.

• delariva likes this
http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#3 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

How are my current numbers looking?

Parallel squat: 3 sets of 5-8 (225, 275, 315) once a week.

Bench: 3-5 sets of (205-225)  2x week.

Incline bench: 3 sets of 185 2x a week.

Sumo DL: 3-sets of 5-8 225-240 every 10 days.

Shrugs: 3 sets of 5 at 225-240 2x a week.

I wouldn't have thought I didn't have a strong core, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also, back when I was 160 my core was by comparison much stronger and I once parallel squatted 475. Don't know if my back can take that kind of treatment these days.

#4 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:11 AM

Abs aren't that good of a measure of bodyfat because you can be fat and see abs if youre strong but if they were leaner the abs would pop more.

Thanks man that helps a ton!

#5 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

Before I forget are there any other core lifts I should be doing?

#6 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Before I forget are there any other core lifts I should be doing?

squat, bench, deadlift, military press, barbell row
http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#7 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

So you can squat 315, but DL 240 for the same reps? Usually deads should be about on par with squats (if not slightly higher)
  • delariva likes this
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#8 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

So you can squat 315, but DL 240 for the same reps? Usually deads should be about on par with squats (if not slightly higher)

what's likely the problem is lack of depth in the squat

#9 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

Or much much higher! Lol
  • janoy crevesa likes this
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#10 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

I can squat 315 but can barely DL 135

#11 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:24 AM

Deadlifts IMO the perfect exercise for them abs. Strain on them fukers, hold that bar a bit using ur core.
  • anab0lix and janoy crevesa like this

#12 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:07 AM

My low back is a damn mess. Bulging discs that flare up and cost me weeks of therapy to fix it. I squat to parallel only and I tighten the belt pretty tight for all squats or deads. Could be weakening the core?  I'm sure I'm just being a pussy but every time I dead I fear that horrible pain that comes every time my fucking back goes out. It hurts like a bitch no joke.

what's likely the problem is lack of depth in the squat

Could be. I try to go parallel or very slightly above at least using the mirror as my rough guide. I don't try to go all out or deep because my legs develop quickly and overshadow my upper body without much effort so I usually keep my leg days a little lighter on the weight. Never thought about this but doing so could be sacrificing my core strength...

#13 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:09 AM

duplicate

#14 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

I've seen a pro lifter who can squat 800s but can dead 600s, so it isn't unheard of.

Abs are IMO kinda like biceps and calves. If you aren't genetically gifted in that area, they might always suck.

Either way, do all of your normal heavy lifting stuff, squats, deads, etc, but don't neglect to directly work your abs hard a few times a week. Add resistance when possible to keep the reps under 20 or so.

I'm lucky, when I was like 15 I got an ab roller and used it religiously, like 3-4x a week until my guts were on fire. Did no about work after that for over 10 years, and once I leaned out I still had nice abs.

If only I could lean out now... Smh
  • janoy crevesa likes this
Meat for the Beast

#15 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

I've seen a pro lifter who can squat 800s but can dead 600s, so it isn't unheard of.

Abs are IMO kinda like biceps and calves. If you aren't genetically gifted in that area, they might always suck.

Either way, do all of your normal heavy lifting stuff, squats, deads, etc, but don't neglect to directly work your abs hard a few times a week. Add resistance when possible to keep the reps under 20 or so.

I'm lucky, when I was like 15 I got an ab roller and used it religiously, like 3-4x a week until my guts were on fire. Did no about work after that for over 10 years, and once I leaned out I still had nice abs.

If only I could lean out now... Smh

agreed on the genetics. Some people literally have 1 big 1 pack due to the bands in the abs simply not being there or very deeply visible. If you have veins running through your stomach but no abs then youre basically fucked. lol

#16 srootone

srootone

EpstaneMan

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

Leg raises and weighted crunches will tear down the Abdominal tissue.

You know the drill ....break down muscle tissue ....eat protein.... build muscle tissue repeat.

After bulking for a while.... lean out to see what Abdominals you built.

Don't forget the only person standing in your way is YOU.....

Previous Cycles:
-SD bridge Katanadrol 2.0-

-epi solo-
45/45/45
http://www.anabolicm...d-epistane.html

-stano/mecha/epi stack-
Stano 1,050/1,050/1,050/0/0
Mecha 0/125/150/150/150
Epi 30/45/60/75/75
http://www.prohormon...hred-stack-log/

#17 studog

studog

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

Way back in high school I was 170# and almost 6'5" , no visible abs. Married a woman 5'4", visible abs . I think genetics is a factor.

" I didn't think I was older until I went into an Abercrombie and Fitch and they looked at me like I was walking through a playground with my cock in my hand."- Greg Giraldo

#18 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

How do train abs? I agree genetics is a huge factor. If you are lean and still no abs, maybe add in some additional ab work. Abs are pretty complex group of muscles, so might need to hit different angle/muscles to get them to come in?
Maybe something like this? https://youtu.be/d08B-QJL124
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

#19 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

Diet, cardio and working them is essential. I have seen a full 6+ only one time and I was doing two a days and running 75 a day of halo after a good run of trenavar and dienazone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users