No replies to this topic

#1 serialced

serialced

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

Crossposted from bb.com, originally written by Krzna

I have compiled a few commonly asked questions people who have/feel they have gynecomatsia ask. Please note that this thread is by no means makes you completely knowledgeable.
The advice of a doctor is way more valuable,I just post from experience and research

First off, how do I know if I have got gyno?

First, careful examination of the nipple, areoalae and sub-areolar region must be performed. Look for abnormality in the nipple or a nipple discharge or problems with the pigmented areolar region. Careful palpation of the tissue beneath the areolae helps to define a slightly firm "discoid" area which is usually the breast tissue. It is important to determine if it is round, slightly firm and well circumscribed which is normal, versus hard, gritty, irregular and painful, which may signify male breast cancer (which can happen but is rare).
Next the extent, degree and thickness of the fatty accumulation in and around the chest and breast tissue should determined. This can sometimes extend into the armpit. Placing the hands on the hips and pushing hard contracts the pectoral muscle. Here the thickness is determined, the extent of the muscle and any difference from right to left. The hands are placed over the chest to feel the ribs, especially their shape and contour, as wide flaring ribs can sometimes make the chest and breast look larger.
The result of this examination is to determine if the gynecomastia is due to breast tissue, fat tissue, thick muscle or rib contour, and the extent of the contribution from each of these.

Ok now I know I am in deep shit, what all can I try before bra shopping?

TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR GYNECOMASTIA
Imho initial stages gyno can be combated with a very strong pct. Please follow the below mentioned solution only if your problem is really elevated. If it’s just a case of itchy puffy nipples, just run nolvadex starting at 80mg and tapering down to 20mg for 4 weeks.

Nolvadex 80mg Week 1
Nolvadex 80mg Week 2
Nolvadex 60mg Week 3
Nolvadex 40mg Week 4
Nolvadex 40mg Week 5
Nolvadex 20mg Week 6

Ok, I got medical insurance. My doc says surgery is the only way out. What can I expect?

Treatment usually involves both suction-assisted lipectomy to reduce the fatty tissue in the chest wall and direct excision to remove the breast tissue in the central subareolar region. The breast tissue cannot be removed by suction lipectomy alone. Occasionally suction assisted lipectomy alone effectively reduces the bulk of breast fullness, but this is only in men who have gynecomastia as the sole consequence of excess body fat in this region. A combined procedure is necessary for most patients.
The suction lipectomy is performed through a small incision in the armpit. Ultrasonic liposuction is usually preferred as it is more effective in "liquefying" and removing the fat in this region. Then a small incision is made at the edge of the areola to remove the subareolar breast tissue in this location. Rarely, such significant skin excess and hanging loose skin (ptosis) exists that a combined or two-stage procedure is needed. First suction lipectomy removes the bulk of the fat tissue and direct excision of the breast tissue is performed. This allows for contraction of the subcutaneous tissues and overlying skin. The excess skin significantly contracts as the postoperative edema slowly subsides.

But they told me m1t does not aromatise.
Well, "they" were wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users