• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Roun3er

Roun3er

PHF REP

• Reps
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

For cortisol control while cutting.......

Phosphatidylserine 300mg 2x/day (AM, and post workout)

Vitamin C 1000mg 2x/day (AM, and post workout)

Note: Have used 11-oxo for cutting in the past and 11-oxo > PS/Vit C, but am looking to stear away from hormones for right now.

Edited by Roun3er, 06 April 2010 - 12:14 PM.

• henryv likes this

Connect on Facebook click the links below

Celtic Labs
PHF Supplements

#2 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

For cortisol control while cutting.......

Phosphatidylserine 300mg 2x/day (AM, and post workout)

Vitamin C 1000mg 2x/day (AM, and post workout)

Note: Have used 11-oxo for cutting in the past and 11-oxo > PS/Vit C, but am looking to stear away from hormones for right now.

Are you looking to get cut, or to limit cortisol?

What if you got cut while not affecting cortisol?

What if you lowered your cortisol but you failed to get cut?

Which is more important to you your daily cortisol production or being ripped?

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#3 Roun3er

Roun3er

PHF REP

• Reps
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Are you looking to get cut, or to limit cortisol?

What if you got cut while not affecting cortisol?

What if you lowered your cortisol but you failed to get cut?

Which is more important to you your daily cortisol production or being ripped?

Getting cut is the ultimate goal. On a targeted keto diet with a calorie defecit while performing full body HIT 3x/week. I was looking to minimize the catabolic effects of cortisol during times when it may spike.

Celtic Labs
PHF Supplements

#4 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

Getting cut is the ultimate goal. On a targeted keto diet with a calorie defecit while performing full body HIT 3x/week. I was looking to minimize the catabolic effects of cortisol during times when it may spike.

Give it a shot if you want to. You should be taking that much vit c a day regardless and its cheap so no biggie. The PS cant hurt, but evidence that its really gonna make a significant contribution to your efforts is not great.

Bottom line is concentrating on things like cortisol control or GH release is faulty thinking. Sort of like not seeing the forest for the trees. Its better that you look for supplements that have been shown to be effective in your ultimate goal, which is getting ripped. I understand your desire to experiment and try to be sophisticated about it

#5 Roun3er

Roun3er

PHF REP

• Reps
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

Give it a shot if you want to. You should be taking that much vit c a day regardless and its cheap so no biggie. The PS cant hurt, but evidence that its really gonna make a significant contribution to your efforts is not great.

Bottom line is concentrating on things like cortisol control or GH release is faulty thinking. Sort of like not seeing the forest for the trees. Its better that you look for supplements that have been shown to be effective in your ultimate goal, which is getting ripped. I understand your desire to experiment and try to be sophisticated about it

Thanks for the feedback. As far as PS, I will give it a shot for a month and evaluate from there. It is a little on the pricey side, so I am not sure the benefits will outweigh the cost.

Also, I noticed that alot of PS supplements contain more than this particular phospholipid. See ex: below

Phosphatidylserine 100 Mg

Phosphatidylcholine 25 Mg

Phosphatidylethanolamine 2.5 Mg

Phosphatidylinositol 1.5 Mg

Any benefits to the other 3? I have only seen extensive research done on phosphatidylserine (albeit mostly done on PS extracted from cows brains, I believe most are now from soy)

To me, this "complex" is only an example of padding the numbers per se, as the most desired form is the Phosphatidylserine itself. Others added for fluff?

Celtic Labs
PHF Supplements

#6 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the feedback. As far as PS, I will give it a shot for a month and evaluate from there. It is a little on the pricey side, so I am not sure the benefits will outweigh the cost.

Also, I noticed that alot of PS supplements contain more than this particular phospholipid. See ex: below

Phosphatidylserine 100 Mg

Phosphatidylcholine 25 Mg

Phosphatidylethanolamine 2.5 Mg

Phosphatidylinositol 1.5 Mg

Any benefits to the other 3? I have only seen extensive research done on phosphatidylserine (albeit mostly done on PS extracted from cows brains, I believe most are now from soy)

To me, this "complex" is only an example of padding the numbers per se, as the most desired form is the Phosphatidylserine itself. Others added for fluff?

others are not added for fluff. PS occurs naturally in lecithin along with these other phospholipids. Extracting out PS pure is expensive so its cheaper to use a more crude extraction like this. Do the other phospholipids compete with PS to entry into the brain? That i dunno, its possible. My question is this - did the studies demonstrating the anti-cortisol properties of PS use pure PS or more of a mixed extract??

#7 redhulk22

redhulk22

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

What do you think about Primordial Performances's Ps supplement, EndoAmp Max? Im currently using it along with Toco 8. Im on a cut right now.

#8 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

What do you think about Primordial Performances's Ps supplement, EndoAmp Max? Im currently using it along with Toco 8. Im on a cut right now.

as i have told others here, i am not familiar with product trademark names usually. I cant answer that question without specific information on what the product contains and any other information you might think is relevant to me forming an opinion

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cortisol control, cut, cutting, hormones, workout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users