KmuL

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:56 AM

DHEA (Dehydro-epiandrosterone)

Target Hormone: 4-Androstenedione
Molecular name of target hormone: 4-androsten-3,17-dione
Target conversion: low (0.35 %)
DHT conversion: Moderate (converts to andro, then DHT)
Estrogenic effects: Has the ability to actively convert to estrogen precursors. Its been noted that DHEA is responsible for over 80 percent of all estrogens.

Dehydro-epi-androsterone in full, DHEA is called the mother hormone. It's not so much a prohormone as a pre-prohormone, a substance that needs to convert to a prohormone, in this case androstenedione. It's the first actual hormone produced in the chain of command that leads to usable testosterone. By way of feedback the Hypothalamus (little thing in the middle of your brain) secretes GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) that signals the anterior pituitary (even smaller thing below the hypothalamus) which in turn produces LH (Luteinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). We'll be following the LH pathway, as it stimulates the Leydig cells to produce DHEA from cholesterol. It will in turn convert to either estrogen precursors (estradiol) or androgen precursors (like andro). It's been estimated that DHEA is responsible for 50-60 percent of testosterone and up to 80 percent of all estrogens. Unlike other prohormones, the benefits of this product go way beyond mere testosterone boosting. It may actually be good for you. Optimal body levels of DHEA have been known to reduce cancer risk, improve immunity, reduce blood pressure and decrease sensitivity to allergic states. It may also lower bad cholesterol. So it's not a minor contribution to your health.

The downside is that, unlike previously believed, DHEA exerts no major anabolic effects. And it is still an exogenous hormone, which means it does suppress natural testosterone. Those two feats combined make this a great addition if you are getting on in age, have tapering test levels and are looking for more quality of life, but let's say that unless you are over 50 DHEA has bitter little to offer. The common prescription ranges from 5-100 mg, but for older bodybuilders I feel safe recommending doses of 100-200 mg.

Now we can have a closer look at the actual prohormones. They are often classified by type, so perhaps we should have a look at the types of classifications and what they mean.
www.theopeningbands.com

#2 pembroke3355

pembroke3355

MOD TROLL HUNTER

• 965 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:16 PM

Good info bro.
Anabolic Innovations.

#3 crazyfool405

crazyfool405

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

Good info bro.

i thought DHEA was made from the adrenal glands

#4 Reamade

Reamade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:33 AM

It would work great in your Havoc cycle too. If you start feeling shut down or dry joints, just add DHEA to your support supps.

#5 Darkside Labs

Darkside Labs

Somebody you might know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

I like DHEA, I have run it up to 800mg on cycles and have had positive benefits similar to low dose 4-ad but with a little bit heaver DHT sides and a little water retention. I used ATD 25mg EOD along with it. A lose dose serm would probably be best because DHEA has estrogenic effects not controlled by the aromatase
THE LAB IS DEAD

#6 Adrenolin

Adrenolin

• Members
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

I sent big cat a pm to see if he'd check out the site. :D:splashn96:

Representative Of:

IronMagLabs
IronMag Research

Private Messages Always Welcomed!

@IMLAdrenolin

#7 Darkside Labs

Darkside Labs

Somebody you might know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

Now I hate to bash but does anyone remember bigcats Superdrol write up?

He was a little off to say the least
THE LAB IS DEAD

#8 crazyfool405

crazyfool405

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

Now I hate to bash but does anyone remember bigcats Superdrol write up?

He was a little off to say the least

i think hes a little off by not mentioning DHEA, is an adrenal hormone, along with Cortisol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users