• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#1 ULY

ULY

µ ђ CHAPTER OF IRON ņ ī

• Members
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

This is where you sweat it out and document your journey to Rank 1.
If you're looking to join the training camp - then go here:
http://www.prohormon....html#post74361

Just to recap, the targets you're going for are:

Rank 1
30 BW dips - no pause
50 BW pushups - no pause
x2 BW Deadlift - no straps
x1.5 BW Bench
20 BW Chinups or pullups (can choose favourite grip)
x1.75 BW Squat

Rank 2

Overhead Squat, 12xBW
x2.5 BW Deadlift - 1 REP
BW Clean and Press - 1 REP
1.2 BW Dumbell Incline Press - 6 REPS
Dip + 0.4BW 1 REP
Pullup + 0.25 BW 8 REPS

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Remember, no e-stats. Board_Admin will be calling you out if you make too many claims without posting videos - and the last thing you want is a successful callout on your head (remember kyo1? ;))

The Chapter's Youtube Channel is @
YouTube - IronChapter's Channel

All Chapter of Iron trainees and ranked members have access to the Youtube Channel administration. You can upload your own videos, or have a brethren do it for you. Or maybe you just want to jazz up the Channel homepage - that's cool too.

The Chapter's email account is:
ChapterofIron@googlemail.com

All Ranked members have access to the email account for whatever uses may come up in the future.

Train hard and good luck! I've posted up a video I just took to get things going. Better attempts and glory soon! Remember, Rank 1 is just the beginning - Rank 2 is a lot more varied and requires an Olympian mentality ;)

iuWB3RSPcIU&feature;=channel_page

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Macrobolic, 09 June 2009 - 02:39 PM.
Added Rank 2 requirements

Ђņ[¤µņЂÃŸ Ђņ[¤µņЂÃŸ Ђņ[¤µņЂÃŸ PHF Chapter of Iron Ђņ[¤µņЂÃŸ Ђņ[¤µņЂÃŸ Ђņ[¤µņЂÃŸ

Nom Z ☼ Holden Caulfield ☼ DFA_DFA ☼ Head ☼ AMcHizZl3 ☼ 3rDegree ☼ Adrenolin ☼ lilsteve83109 ☼ placeofskulls ☼ warrior504th ☼
NIUNIU_SAN ☼ Spriggan ☼ House ☼ Smeg954 ☼ SIZE.MATTERS ☼ Macrobolic ☼ KENKONG ☼ airforcechief11 ☼The Wicked Jester ☼ evolushun ☼

#2 DFA_DFA

DFA_DFA

EATING FOOD

• Members
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

I dont have a video camera :( .. ill see what I can do tho.
Crankin so hard I cant sit properly on the shitter.

I AM NOT A SOURCE!!!!

#3 Nom Z

Nom Z

The Real Deal

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

So here's my post that Im gonna edit vids into:

Deadlift, 2.4xBW: YouTube - 425 Deadlift
Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

#4 tvm87

tvm87

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

this is a great idea. i may have to get in on this
  • ULY likes this

#5 ULY

ULY

µ ђ CHAPTER OF IRON ņ ī

• Members
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

this is a great idea. i may have to get in on this

Get on board matey, could be a nice motivator if it gets going :)

I tried the dips today, and maxed out at 24 - most I've ever done. Tried the pullups yesterday also - did decently at 14, though to be fair the extension wasn't all out :P

I think I can nail the deadlift this week, and the pushups in the next 2 weeks if I pick a good moment. Everything else is going to take a month or two to achieve. I haven't benched in the best part of 5 or 6 months... :eek:

Sweet lift Nom Z - looked like you could go a fair bit heavier :rockon:

Nom Z ☼ Holden Caulfield ☼ DFA_DFA ☼ Head ☼ AMcHizZl3 ☼ 3rDegree ☼ Adrenolin ☼ lilsteve83109 ☼ placeofskulls ☼ warrior504th ☼
NIUNIU_SAN ☼ Spriggan ☼ House ☼ Smeg954 ☼ SIZE.MATTERS ☼ Macrobolic ☼ KENKONG ☼ airforcechief11 ☼The Wicked Jester ☼ evolushun ☼

#6 Macrobolic

Macrobolic

RIP Sammoken

• 4,029 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

Oh, I am so in on this one. I'll start working on it during spring break and see what I can get done.:yodawg:

#7 Nom Z

Nom Z

The Real Deal

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

Did 50 pushups after my chest workout, pretty easy, what is form supposed to be on them? I just touch nose to ground as fast as possible, good?

#8 Domokun

Domokun

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

50 diamond pushups would be better I think. Or maybe 50 clap pushups but regular is cake especially if the bench is suppose to be 1.5X BW

#9 ULY

ULY

µ ђ CHAPTER OF IRON ņ ī

• Members
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

Well, yesterday was deads day and thought I'd try to get the x2BW deadlift out of the way (didn't have camera anyway, but wanted to see if I could nail it). I went up to 150kgs and felt comfortable, could rep it but didn't want to burn myself too much. I went up to 170kgs (341lbs) and my grip slipped in the first go. Second go it came up but was uncomfortable. Third one was good.

Decided not to try x2BW as my head just wasn't in it. Next week I'll work around 80% of the goal (goal is 400lbs) and then try again the week after that.

I started training for the x20 pullups yesterday also. Hung 10kgs (24lbs?) plate of my belt and was repping for 6 and 5. Did 4 sets at the end of back workout.. maybe after 3 or 4 weeks of training with weight I'll be able to get the x20 on film.. will see.

Bench.. haven't even looked at it yet. Will go for other targets first as bench is the only exercise I don't do as part of my routine..

#10 808leo

808leo

cutting

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

for bench are we pausing on the bottom? and for pullups going to lockout on bottom as well? same w/pushups locking out?

#11 ULY

ULY

µ ђ CHAPTER OF IRON ņ ī

• Members
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

for bench are we pausing on the bottom? and for pullups going to lockout on bottom as well? same w/pushups locking out?

Yeah.. most guys here are bb'ers and not crossfitters so I reckon we should expect full roms on everything. Aim at R1 is to show an intermediate level of strength and endurance - all that IPF mini-rom stuff is best left to guys trying to score points elsewhere..

just my perspective though, the Chapter of Iron will naturally develop it's own standards soon without my influence anyway :)

#12 808leo

808leo

cutting

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

good to know :D

#13 Macrobolic

Macrobolic

RIP Sammoken

• 4,029 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

I agree that everything should be full ROM. I don't think that this has to mean to complete lockout on pullups, but you you should be going almost all the way down, and then back up. That's my suggestion.
  • TwinTowers likes this

#14 Smeg954

Smeg954

Game Changer

• 5,745 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

I agree that everything should be full ROM. I don't think that this has to mean to complete lockout on pullups, but you you should be going almost all the way down, and then back up. That's my suggestion.

All the way to the bottom or it isn't a real pull up IMO!

#15 Macrobolic

Macrobolic

RIP Sammoken

• 4,029 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

All the way to the bottom or it isn't a real pull up IMO!

With totally locked out arms? I don't know man. Now I'm not saying only lower yourself 5 inches, but I'm also saying that you could go down just before lockout, let me see if I can find a good vid to explain what I mean. BRB...

#16 Macrobolic

Macrobolic

RIP Sammoken

• 4,029 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

RDA84beh6Os

Something like this, if you look closely, it's not to full lockout, but really close. This is what I'm talking about.

#17 ULY

ULY

µ ђ CHAPTER OF IRON ņ ī

• Members
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

RDA84beh6Os

Something like this, if you look closely, it's not to full lockout, but really close. This is what I'm talking about.

Yeah those were real nice.

<--jealous :P

#18 House

House

Not the Dr.

• Members
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

I never go to full lockout, jus sayin.

#19 Smeg954

Smeg954

Game Changer

• 5,745 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

pIjeJ08vW8k

#20 808leo

808leo

cutting

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

I never go to full lockout, jus sayin.

i usually dont either :hanson:

#21 ULY

ULY

µ ђ CHAPTER OF IRON ņ ī

• Members
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

I actually think now that 20 pullups should be a part of Rank 2 and not Rank 1. 20 pulls are really difficult. I'm going for it anyway - but maybe we can consider dropping it down to 15 which may be more realistic for the heavier guys..

#22 Nom Z

Nom Z

The Real Deal

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

I actually think now that 20 pullups should be a part of Rank 2 and not Rank 1. 20 pulls are really difficult. I'm going for it anyway - but maybe we can consider dropping it down to 15 which may be more realistic for the heavier guys..

na 20 is good :yodawg:

I have to somehow bench 270 though...

#23 Smeg954

Smeg954

Game Changer

• 5,745 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

15 is easy, 20 is the right number!

I'm with Nom, I don't see myself doing a 300lb bench for a while. I hope to get close when I'm on my Dymeth cycle but I still don't think I will reach 300.

I know I can get the deadlift and squat but I won't be able to do that for a while. Physical therapy on my lower back seems to be taking forever!

#24 House

House

Not the Dr.

• Members
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

na 20 is good :yodawg:

I have to somehow bench 270 though...

I have to hit 330 (rounding up).

#25 Nom Z

Nom Z

The Real Deal

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

I have to hit 330 (rounding up).

haha, fatty! :yodawg:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users