Photo
- - - - -

Prohormones/Designer Steroids and Hair Loss.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the response.

I'd just also like to add that it's not just compound dependent but also dose-dependent.
  • Alcatraz likes this

330tqur.jpg

#27 ezjax

ezjax

PHF

• Reps
  • 5,485 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'd just also like to add that it's not just compound dependent but also dose-dependent.

And with regard to it being temporary or permanent?

#28 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

And with regard to it being temporary or permanent?

Probably permanent for the most part. Some shedding/thinning is probably reversible, but a movement in the hairline/bald spot is unlikely to grow back.

330tqur.jpg

#29 ozzie86

ozzie86

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hey V, would there be any negative interactions with Trenavar and Finasteride? Would the two cause a reverse effect (faster shedding) as people state on injectable tren - or is that 'broscience' too?

#30 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hey V, would there be any negative interactions with Trenavar and Finasteride? Would the two cause a reverse effect (faster shedding) as people state on injectable tren - or is that 'broscience' too?

Finasteride will have no effect on trenavar-induced shedding. Steroids with a (4,9,11-)triene or (4,9-)diene structure are incapable of 5a-reduction. The only steroid on which shedding is likely to be sped up by adding finasteride is nandrolone (or its related prohormones).
  • ozzie86 likes this

330tqur.jpg

#31 ozzie86

ozzie86

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Thank you, handsome.

#32 91jesus

91jesus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

So which hdrol there will be little to no shedding? With sd there can be a lot. If you have the genetic trait?

#33 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Prohormones/Designer Steroids and Hair Loss.

This article has been slightly rewritten and republished on The Total Flex Blog.

330tqur.jpg

#34 H3NDR1X15

H3NDR1X15

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Where would something like Ostarine fit in as far as hairloss?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

#35 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

Where would something like Ostarine fit in as far as hairloss?

It's non-steroidal so somewhat outside the scope of the article (and my expertise). It is intended to have a limited androgenic effect, which may translate to a lower risk of hair loss. That may change (as it tends to with steroids) as the dosage increases.

330tqur.jpg

#36 babbagandu

babbagandu

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Henryv, are you familiar with the site hairlossfromsteroids.com? The guy on there swears by azelaic acid + minoxidil and he's got me convinced that applying these two things to my scalp every day will prevent hair loss on cycle. Do you think there is truth to this?

Edited by babbagandu, 07 May 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#37 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

Henryv, are you familiar with the site hairlossfromsteroids.com? The guy on there swears by azelaic acid + minoxidil and he's got me convinced that applying these two things to my scalp every day will prevent hair loss on cycle. Do you think there is truth to this?

I have heard of the site. I doubt that he's stumbled on a universal cure for steroid-induced hair loss. May be worth a go though if you're prone to it.

330tqur.jpg

#38 babbagandu

babbagandu

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I have heard of the site. I doubt that he's stumbled on a universal cure for steroid-induced hair loss. May be worth a go though if you're prone to it.

Thanks. I guess I will follow his routine (minus the finasteride) and hope there is some truth to his claims. But from the before and after pics of his head you can certainly see that he did something that worked. Hopefully he didn't get a hair transplant and decided to claim he regrew his hair with the methods he describes on his site

#39 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

Thanks. I guess I will follow his routine (minus the finasteride) and hope there is some truth to his claims. But from the before and after pics of his head you can certainly see that he did something that worked. Hopefully he didn't get a hair transplant and decided to claim he regrew his hair with the methods he describes on his site

Even if it did work for him, it doesn't guarantee it will work for everyone with all cycles.

330tqur.jpg

#40 shookwun

shookwun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Henry, I'm planning on cycling a pro hormone within the next month. I purchased Epi-strong but am having second dougts according to peoples claims and such, wondering what what would be a good pro hormone to cycle for a 21 year old who is prone to MPB has a norwood 1.5-2 hairline.

I plan on using spiro, and minioxidil while cycling.

#41 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Henry, I'm planning on cycling a pro hormone within the next month. I purchased Epi-strong but am having second dougts according to peoples claims and such, wondering what what would be a good pro hormone to cycle for a 21 year old who is prone to MPB has a norwood 1.5-2 hairline.

I plan on using spiro, and minioxidil while cycling.

I dunno. Sorry.

330tqur.jpg

#42 jessep76

jessep76

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Part One.

Hair today, gone tomorrow.
[indent=1]1,4-dienes

Another class of hormones that deserve separate consideration are the 1,4-dienes. These have the C4-C5 double bond of testosterone, but also have the C1-C2 double bond of 1-testosterone. These compounds include boldenone, boldione, dianabol, 17a-methyl-1,4-androstadiene-diol (M1,4ADD), oral turinabol, and halodrol.

In vivo reduction of the delta-4 double bond (to produce 1-dehydro metabolites) does occur, however crucially they selectively reduce to 5b-reduced compounds. 5b-reduced compounds are inactive, they bind poorly or not at all to the androgen receptor, and so do not exert any significant androgenic effects (so they are not a concern for hair loss).

Coming in part 2: Alternative solutions.

Hey Henry, (love this thread)

Am I reading this right?
M1,4ad has a somewhat lesser androgenic effect - thus this could potentially be a safer compound in regards to those effected by adrogenic hairloss? I've ran H-drol with much less shedding, (compared to others) but always shy away from m14ad. I'd love to run this is why I ask...

#43 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Ymmv.

330tqur.jpg

#44 jessep76

jessep76

• Members
  • 297 posts