best steroid for mood?

advice bol dione men mentdione steroid testosterone winstrol

76 replies to this topic

#26 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

I think i read something like that as well. My doctor said steroids/hormones can work on GABA like drugs like valium do and also antagonist gaba which can cause anxiety.
Epi/havoc made me feel good its meant to do something with serotonin.

dhea will antagonize GABA(a) while progesterone (via its metabolite allopregnanolone) will activate it

i dunno about testosterone and/or synthetic AAS though

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#27 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Resurrecting this thread...

On the same general topic, are there any AAS/PH's, etc, that are known to have little or no mood impact at all? Definitely looking for something in terms of having no mood-lowering effects, and as long as those are out of the picture, my interest would encompass any that also have no mood-elevating effects either. True neutral would be ideal. As would orals over pinning.

My monkey, as mentioned previously, did not do well toward the latter stages of a given Trendadrol cycle. Same thing more recently with DMZ, though not *quite* as depressing, but definitely anxious and felt quite negative about everything in general (and the higher BP really didn't help). Would be very willing to trade off some anabolic efficacy if mood can be kept in check (neutral) throughout and post-cycle. It's worth noting that on-cycle support was utilized in each instance, as well as SERM PCT (among other add-ons), though articles like this one mention a few other substances that *may* be of help in stabilizing mood. But preferably my monkey wants to just avoid any possible mood crash from the get-go, whether it be serotonin-related (he's definitely experienced that from previous Tramadol use for migraines(now gone, btw)), ammonia-related, or whatever.

It's worth noting that my monkey felt overall pretty darn good on Pat's last-released version of 1-AD, on-cycle and post-cycle both. Just wish someone were still making it somewhere... So, anyway, Pat (or anyone else), is there currently anything out there that might fit the bill?

• Subweevil likes this

HypertrophyAccelerator.png?version=24076

#28 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Resurrecting this thread...

On the same general topic, are there any AAS/PH's, etc, that are known to have little or no mood impact at all? Definitely looking for something in terms of having no mood-lowering effects, and as long as those are out of the picture, my interest would encompass any that also have no mood-elevating effects either. True neutral would be ideal. As would orals over pinning.

My monkey, as mentioned previously, did not do well toward the latter stages of a given Trendadrol cycle. Same thing more recently with DMZ, though not *quite* as depressing, but definitely anxious and felt quite negative about everything in general (and the higher BP really didn't help). Would be very willing to trade off some anabolic efficacy if mood can be kept in check (neutral) throughout and post-cycle. It's worth noting that on-cycle support was utilized in each instance, as well as SERM PCT (among other add-ons), though articles like this one mention a few other substances that *may* be of help in stabilizing mood. But preferably my monkey wants to just avoid any possible mood crash from the get-go, whether it be serotonin-related (he's definitely experienced that from previous Tramadol use for migraines(now gone, btw)), ammonia-related, or whatever.

It's worth noting that my monkey felt overall pretty darn good on Pat's last-released version of 1-AD, on-cycle and post-cycle both. Just wish someone were still making it somewhere... So, anyway, Pat (or anyone else), is there currently anything out there that might fit the bill?

Trestolone does it for me. I feel good and alpha but not mean like S-Drol made me 

• SpiderJerusalem and Vick like this

E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Follow me on Twitter @epharmrep

#29 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Thanks, Truth! I'm going to read up on it.

#30 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thanks, Truth! I'm going to read up on it.

Trestobol is the best PH out there IMO, least sides for me and most effects you'll need and an AI but that's it

E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Follow me on Twitter @epharmrep

#31 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

So it appears to contain 17β-hydroxy-7α-methylestr-4-en-3-one, aka "MENT". I have to ask, have you noticed any effects on blood pressure?

Also, it appears that Celtic is discontinuing the capsule form and moving to a transdermal?

#32 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hmm... also just saw that CL has soemthing called "Celtic One", which almost looks like it's supposed to be similar to 1-AD: http://www.prohormon...469-celtic-one/

The sides some talk about in that thread though don't sound like the 1-AD I'm familiar with...

#33 starsnbars716

starsnbars716

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hmm... also just saw that CL has soemthing called "Celtic One", which almost looks like it's supposed to be similar to 1-AD: http://www.prohormon...469-celtic-one/
The sides some talk about in that thread though don't sound like the 1-AD I'm familiar with...

Celtic One is a precursor to M1T and nothing like 1ad
  • SpiderJerusalem likes this

#34 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Celtic One is a precursor to M1T and nothing like 1ad

Thanks for clearing that up!

#35 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

I will get some flack for this but I was going through a serious funk and a Tyrosine-based product (below) + Rhodiola made me happy as a lark.

I chose those b/c I researched things that would ramp up dopamine and serotonin (b/c I had no clue WHICH of these was LOW but one of them was LOL).

Well, I was surprised at how effective these were for me. I went from pissed off and anti-social to HAPPY - no BS! 

I was going to just use Tyrosine only but ran across NOW FOODS True Focus which had many of the other ingredients mentioned form my research that may improve moods

Potassium (From Potassium Ascorbate) 12  mg <1%    pixel.gif   Vitamin C (from Potassium Ascorbate) 36  mg 60%      Vitamin B6 (From pyridoxine HCl) 12  mg 600%    pixel.gif   L-Phenylalanine (Free-Form) 300  mg     L-Tyrosine (Free-Form) 800  mg   pixel.gif   Taurine (Free-Form) 100  mg   pixel.gif   Grapeseed (Vitis Vinifera) Extract (Min. 90% Total Polyphenols) 80  mg   pixel.gif   Potassium Ascorbate 60  mg   pixel.gif   DMAE (From Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate) 60  mg   pixel.gif   Ginkgo Biloba (leaf) Extract(Min. 24% Ginkgoflavonglycosides & Min. 6% Terpene Lactones) 40  mg   pixel.gif   CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) (as Ubidecarenone) 10  mg

I also used Rhodiola

#36 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

Is there anything currently out there right now that is a close match for 1-Androstenediol? I figure since the ban that maybe someone somewhere might have tried to release a product as effective (and benign) as that, but I'm having no luck anywhere finding anything close--the "closest" I seem to see is M1T, which doesn't really seem close at all.

#37 ontop888

ontop888

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

Protodrol gave me dem feelz. Better than any other compound I have ever tried, hardening effects were good too, but the muscle and strength gains were neligible.

Edit: dimethadrol was prob the best

#38 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

Just found IronMagLabs "1-Andro Rx" which they're claiming is 1-DHEA as a precursor to 1-androstenediol. The only reviews I've found so far look kind of mediocre even at higher doses. Looks like they're recommending it be stacked (with something like their 4-Andro Rx). Sides--particularly mood--look pretty mild (liver too). Just not sure it's worth it. Anyne have any success with it either alone or stacked with 4-Andro?

#39 superman21

superman21

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:28 AM

Just found IronMagLabs "1-Andro Rx" which they're claiming is 1-DHEA as a precursor to 1-androstenediol. The only reviews I've found so far look kind of mediocre even at higher doses. Looks like they're recommending it be stacked (with something like their 4-Andro Rx). Sides--particularly mood--look pretty mild (liver too). Just not sure it's worth it. Anyne have any success with it either alone or stacked with 4-Andro?

you will get lethargic with it and its also toxic to the liver not like 17a methylated compounds but it still is,better run some protodrol at a high dose with some 11 keto(spray)

#40 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

you will get lethargic with it and its also toxic to the liver not like 17a methylated compounds but it still is,better run some protodrol at a high dose with some 11 keto(spray)

Thanks for the reply/advice! I'll look into the Protodrol.

#41 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far on the Protodrol. It's profile is matching up nicely in regard to what my monkey is looking for in regard to effectiveness, sides, etc. Going to read some more (obviously), but this one's looking quite promising.

Thanks to all who have replied and given me options!  :)

#42 BrianP0523

BrianP0523

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

trest for sure, for me at least.

• Vick likes this

#43 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

Any reason that a Protodrol/Trest stack wouldn't be recommended? I was thinking higher on the Proto, a bit lower on the Trest with the aim of keeping sides at a minimum. Unless it's a better idea to just run one or the other solo to start? My monkey's kind of paranoid about gyno sides from the Trest though...

#44 Biggame

Biggame

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

Trestobol is the best PH out there IMO, least sides for me and most effects you'll need and an AI but that's it

Truth, have you tried Trestoderm?  I thought that was much more effective than Trestobol.  

#45 BrianP0523

BrianP0523

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

Any reason that a Protodrol/Trest stack wouldn't be recommended? I was thinking higher on the Proto, a bit lower on the Trest with the aim of keeping sides at a minimum. Unless it's a better idea to just run one or the other solo to start? My monkey's kind of paranoid about gyno sides from the Trest though...

their effects are kinda opposite. proto a dry cutter, trest a wet bulker. so idk, maybe low-dosed trest on a cut or recomp with proto. i don't see proto being beneficial on a bulk, but that's just my opinion.

#46 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

their effects are kinda opposite. proto a dry cutter, trest a wet bulker. so idk, maybe low-dosed trest on a cut or recomp with proto. i don't see proto being beneficial on a bulk, but that's just my opinion.

I've read elsewhere of some people comparing Protobol's effects (intended and side) to Anavar, though it's not a mg-to-mg equivalent. Read elsewhere too that PA had a friend run it, I think at 150mg/day and had good results, which seems to mesh with what I've also read elsewhere about needing to run it fairly high. For a wimp like me (lol), the minimal side effects even at higher dosages combined with the "feel-good" aspects is pretty crucial, as I'm not looking to add a ton of mass, just lean dry gains, some recomp and some strength to break past a plateau or two.

I was thinking that the Trest, dosed lower when stacked with the Proto might allow me to get something out of it without having to run it higher (and risk more sides) though that could be just the bro-scientist in me misunderstanding things there, but I also came upon some mention of possible blood pressure issues with the Trest, so I think I'm just going to run a first cycle of higher-dosed Protobol solo to start and see how I even like it and then go from there.

#47 Craysonsteve

Craysonsteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Let's start a movement.

Less Prozac, More DBOL!

#48 Modoc

Modoc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Man nothing beats good old Dianabol for mood elevation.  I remember my first cycle of AAS back in the late 90's, just 50mg of Dbol per day, it was the Indian brand Pronabol-5. I was going through a rough patch in my life and was having issues with depression/anxiety, and once the Pronabol kicked in it was like magic, I felt like a million bucks every day and grew like a weed.

• videohunter and Vick like this

#49 Young JD

Young JD

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Let's start a movement.

Less Prozac, More DBOL!

I'm down with that

#50 HannibalBarcas

HannibalBarcas

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

I didn't know anadrol was rumored to give bad mood? Any explanation, guesses, hypotheses why..?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, bol, dione, men, mentdione, steroid, testosterone, winstrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users