• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#26 Amax47

Amax47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

How does this compare to taking capric or caprylic acid (or other MCTs)? Also, can you run into issues with keto-acidosis if you take too much?

#27 JBerto

JBerto

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Europe

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

It would be an excellent thing to take before a marathon we have a study that hopefully we will be able to release next week shows that oxygen requirements are reduce while taking the product, excellent for a marathon

Great! I'm waiting for that study!!

#28 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

How does this compare to taking capric or caprylic acid (or other MCTs)? Also, can you run into issues with keto-acidosis if you take too much?

This doesn't turn into ketones it is ketones. I don't think so on the Keto Acidosis, but Patrick will have to weigh in on that but I really don't think it could

E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Follow me on Twitter @epharmrep

#29 nicoacademia

nicoacademia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

how did i miss this how did i miss this how did i miss this how did i miss this how did i miss this AHHHHHH

edit: this sounds perfectly tuned for me.

edit2: because i usually work out after work(hence need to carry the liquid along)
is it ok if i have it in my bag the whole day suspended in day lemon juice? (in a glass container too i guess).

Edited by nicoacademia, 04 August 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#30 Guest_saywat2587_*

Guest_saywat2587_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

So, wait this speeds up the process. But can you take this and still eat carbs or does it just speed up the process?

#31 Rushi

Rushi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Keto Force contains the endogenous ketone body beta-hydroxybutrate (BHB) in sodium and potassium salt form. Ingestion of Keto Force will raise the levels of blood ketones (BHB and AcAc) for 2.5-3.0 hours after ingestion. When taken an hour before exercise this product has been shown to decrease the amount of oxygen consumed at a given power output.

It is suggested that this product be consumed during the initial stages of a ketogenic diet (three times a day for first 2-3 days) toaccelerate ketosis and ease metabolic transition. The product may also be consumed prior to high intensity aerobic exercise to enhance performance.

*This product has an alkaline pH (~12) so it is best mixed with an acidic beverage (i.e. diet lemonade) prior to ingestion. Keep refrigerated.
Contains 480mL.

480 mils per bottle.
30 mils per serving.

Whoa.

What are the concentrations of the actives?

#32 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

So, wait this speeds up the process. But can you take this and still eat carbs or does it just speed up the process?

No you cant still eat carbs and go into a natural state of ketosis. You can reap some of the other benefits of ketosis, such as increased endurance and mental clarity, but to actually get into maintainable ketosis you gotta' ditch the carbs. This eases the transition. The lag time between ketone metabolism and glucose metabolism. You can use it prior to an atheletic performance to increase performance whether ketonic or not

#33 kimura

kimura

Better than Craigslist

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

I am trying to summarize what I understand. This speeds up the ability to go into Ketosis, so instead of waiting 3+ days, you can plan for tomorrow morning, take KetoForce, and stick to a Keto diet and you will be in Ketosis starting tomorrow morning, and remain there for the next week as long as you do not eat carbs during this phase correct?

#34 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

I am trying to summarize what I understand. This speeds up the ability to go into Ketosis, so instead of waiting 3+ days, you can plan for tomorrow morning, take KetoForce, and stick to a Keto diet and you will be in Ketosis starting tomorrow morning, and remain there for the next week as long as you do not eat carbs during this phase correct?

Ketoforce is ketones. It will supply you with ketones for energy while your body makes the switch to keto metabloism. It will still take the same time for your body to switch, you will just already have a supply of ketones in your bloodstream when it starts making them on its own. You can also supplement ketones at times of extreme energy need.

#35 ezjax

ezjax

PHF

• Reps
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

what does your body use as a prefered energy source? Glucose or ketones?

http://www.phfsupplements.com/

* Ezjax is not a doctor. Please do not view any of his posts as medical advice. Ezjax is a fictional character and does not advocate the use of any illegal substances. Ezjax is not real and all posts are only for enertainment. Use your own discretion and do not blame Ezjax for any of your personal choices in life.

#36 xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

fat actually
I belive specifiacally saturated ones.
:thefuk: Supplement Mercenaries: Reps For Hire!

#37 nicoacademia

nicoacademia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

can i keep it in lemon juice for 12 hours n drink it later?
cause i only gym after work n just figuring out if it is feasible in an average joe's-life context.

#38 Amax47

Amax47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Different organs/ body processes feed off of different fuels. Fatty acids are most often preferred, however they cannot cross your brain barrier (only ketones and glucose can). And while most of the regions in your brain perform more efficiently off of ketone bodies, there are still some regions that require glucose (whether from dietary sources or gluconeogenesis).

Edited by Amax47, 06 August 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#39 nicoacademia

nicoacademia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

darn it's out of stock :(

#40 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Different organs/ body processes feed off of different fuels. Fatty acids are most often preferred, however they cannot cross your brain barrier (only ketones and glucose can). And while most of the regions in your brain perform more efficiently off of ketone bodies, there are still some regions that require glucose (whether from dietary sources or gluconeogenesis).

Muscle are quite partial to glucose also.

#41 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

darn it's out of stock :(

Check now, its back up but supplies are very limited do not wait

#42 nicoacademia

nicoacademia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Done :) fast service as always!

#43 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

can i keep it in lemon juice for 12 hours n drink it later?
cause i only gym after work n just figuring out if it is feasible in an average joe's-life context.

Diet lemonade not juice and Patrick say of for up to 48 hrs, but should be refrigerated

#44 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'm excited to start taking this stuff hopefully sometime soon! Sounds freaking awesome.

I ask lots of questions & opinions because I'm tired of being fat, old & weak and I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

#45 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

nope and its not intended to be, but if you could afford it, it would be instant energy anytime you needed it sans calories or damage to the waist line

so you can take this 2x's a week on high endurance days for boxing asnd itll be just as effective for increased endurance as if you took it every day?

#46 nicoacademia

nicoacademia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

nope and its not intended to be, but if you could afford it, it would be instant energy anytime you needed it sans calories or damage to the waist line

Diet lemonade not juice and Patrick say of for up to 48 hrs, but should be refrigerated

What happens if its not refrigerated? Loss of actives? Stomach upset?

#47 nicoacademia

nicoacademia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

#48 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Most likely loss of effectiveness

#49 3clipseGT

3clipseGT

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

Took 3 capfulls last night before leg day with my usual pre workout supplements. I will reserve my first impressions until i get another day under my belt and have a friend try it but i will say this. If this product produces the same effects everytime i use it.....wow....just wow.
E-Pharm Rep

#50 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

There would be no chance of ketoacidosis being caused by this product

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users