50 replies to this topic

#1 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

DAA Doesn't Work - AnabolicMinds.com

Hey Patrick,

what do you think of this baylor study from texas that Will Brinks uses?

in your current opinion, is daa worthless?

#2 jovan

jovan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

bullshit.

I know so many people who give it good feed back.

#3 ezjax

ezjax

PHF

• Reps
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Ive gotten blood work..
  • HomeGrown and Happy234 like this

http://www.phfsupplements.com/

* Ezjax is not a doctor. Please do not view any of his posts as medical advice. Ezjax is a fictional character and does not advocate the use of any illegal substances. Ezjax is not real and all posts are only for enertainment. Use your own discretion and do not blame Ezjax for any of your personal choices in life.

#4 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Ive gotten blood work..

what brand did you use, and what was before and afters and was your test low?

Many people debate it doesnt do anything for people with normal test levels, which I agree with. For someone with low test levels, which most of us have if we use hormones, and not on trt, its useful

#5 ezjax

ezjax

PHF

• Reps
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

5 somethin up to 7 something but really i was at 2 something after 11oxo used daa for 3 months. Also took sperm countvfrom 25mil to 100mil. But there were other factors with sperm..

I dont think daa is useful unless u r comingvoff something

* Ezjax is not a doctor. Please do not view any of his posts as medical advice. Ezjax is a fictional character and does not advocate the use of any illegal substances. Ezjax is not real and all posts are only for enertainment. Use your own discretion and do not blame Ezjax for any of your personal choices in life.

#6 el_capo_negro

el_capo_negro

Banned

• Banned
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Ive gotten blood work..

So... The daa does nothing huh?

#7 ezjax

ezjax

PHF

• Reps
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

So... The daa does nothing huh?

It does something just not what you want it to.. I used bulk

#8 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

It does something just not what you want it to.. I used bulk

from what company if you dont mind?

5 something up to 7 something is dang good. were you using daa only during this time?

#9 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

DAA Doesn't Work - AnabolicMinds.com

Hey Patrick,

what do you think of this baylor study from texas that Will Brinks uses?

in your current opinion, is daa worthless?

the study only showed results at day 28, i would like to see day 12

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#10 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

The role and molecular mechanism of D-a - PubMed Mobile

#11 jaredkoala

jaredkoala

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

DAA works

This just another opportunity for the anti-supplement crowd to make some noise about how all supplements are bullshit and that anyone who uses supplements is stupid and wasting their money.
~*Nutritional Science Brah*~

Currently Running: Nothing! Off time between cycles :D

#12 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

DAA is highly effective for helping restore HPTA.

#13 coolbreeze

coolbreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

the study only showed results at day 28, i would like to see day 12

Meaning DAA only works for a brief time period? I assume best to cycle it 2 weeks on, 1-2 weeks off then?

#14 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Meaning DAA only works for a brief time period? I assume best to cycle it 2 weeks on, 1-2 weeks off then?

these are questions

#15 tvhatic

tvhatic

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Disappointing to see that the writer of a claimed, science based bodybuilding website, did not notice that the Balor study used Free DAA, not sodium DAA used in the Italian study. (author of the anabolic minds post)
Even Ergo-Log noticed the difference. D-Aspartic Acid not effective in young bodybuilders
So what this means? Do not buy DAA that is not in the sodium form.

#16 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Disappointing to see that the writer of a claimed, science based bodybuilding website, did not notice that the Balor study used Free DAA, not sodium DAA used in the Italian study. (author of the anabolic minds post)
Even Ergo-Log noticed the difference. D-Aspartic Acid not effective in young bodybuilders

i hear calcium chelate form isnt half bad either (sigh)

#17 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

so are you suggesting that the reason why the blood levels of DAA were found not to increase as expected could be due to the fact that the free acid form has bad solubility and maybe efficient absorption was not acheived? That would render all their conclusions regarding DAA and hormones faulty I suppose
  • HomeGrown and Happy234 like this

#18 tvhatic

tvhatic

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

so are you suggesting that the reason why the blood levels of DAA were found not to increase as expected could be due to the fact that the free acid form has bad solubility and maybe efficient absorption was not acheived? That would render all their conclusions regarding DAA and hormones faulty I suppose

I was unable to find bioavalibility data for d-aspartic acid, but found this interesting http://www.efsa.euro...f?ssbinary=true
"Due to a slower absorption of aspartate in comparison to other amino acids in humans and due to the preferential transamination in the gut of absorbed aspartate, there is almost no change in aspartate plasma levels after ingestion (Anderson and Raiten, 1992). Ingestion of a single dose of 10 g aspartate by nine healthy subjects increased the plasma aspartate level by 40 μmole/l only (Carlson et al., 1989). Moreover, nine healthy young adults consumed 15 g L-arginine L-aspartate/day over a period of four weeks, their aspartate levels in plasma werenot significantly higher than in 12 placebo subjects (Gremion et al., 1989)."
Same link shows that most of the various salt forms of aspartate have decent bioavalibility.

Perhaps the researchers thought the free form would not work well, which is why they said "It was hypothesized that d-aspartic acid (D-ASP) supplementation would not increase endogenous testosterone levels" when there is several published animal studies showing it does plus a human study (although small and funded by a company who sales DAA).

#19 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

I was unable to find bioavalibility data for d-aspartic acid, but found this interesting http://www.efsa.euro...f?ssbinary=true
"Due to a slower absorption of aspartate in comparison to other amino acids in humans and due to the preferential transamination in the gut of absorbed aspartate, there is almost no change in aspartate plasma levels after ingestion (Anderson and Raiten, 1992). Ingestion of a single dose of 10 g aspartate by nine healthy subjects increased the plasma aspartate level by 40 μmole/l only (Carlson et al., 1989). Moreover, nine healthy young adults consumed 15 g L-arginine L-aspartate/day over a period of four weeks, their aspartate levels in plasma werenot significantly higher than in 12 placebo subjects (Gremion et al., 1989)."
Same link shows that most of the various salt forms of aspartate have decent bioavalibility.

Perhaps the researchers thought the free form would not work well, which is why they said "It was hypothesized that d-aspartic acid (D-ASP) supplementation would not increase endogenous testosterone levels" when there is several published animal studies showing it does plus a human study (although small and funded by a company who sales DAA).

I found it very strange that this paper hypothesized that DAA would not work and then set out to show it would not. the literature suggests that the supplement should work, so to set out saying they think it should not work is odd.

I am not saying the study was deliberately sabotaged but....

#20 Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone know if the one from nutraplanet is the right kind? Like the store brand I mean

#21 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

:D :D

#22 Nostrum

Nostrum

Head Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Does anyone know if the one from nutraplanet is the right kind? Like the store brand I mean

They sell the free acid

I think there is one thing that we can all hopefully agree on:  Religious and/or ideological extremism, in almost every form (except for the quest for teh hyuge), is dangerous.

PHF Supplements Rep
http://www.phfsupplements.com

#23 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

I hear that one is Da' bomb!

E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Follow me on Twitter @epharmrep

#24 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

They sell the free acid

dont touch the brown acid man

#25 Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

So what companies sell the good daa?

Also how come PA doesn't sell it? I notice there's no daa on the prototype nutrition site. I was gonna buy it from there since I could be pretty certain it was the right kind but there's nothing there

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daa, doesnt work, forum, work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users