• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 tvhatic

tvhatic

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

So what companies sell the good daa?

Also how come PA doesn't sell it? I notice there's no daa on the prototype nutrition site. I was gonna buy it from there since I could be pretty certain it was the right kind but there's nothing there

He does. As the calcium chelate form. Should work well.
E-Pharm TestForce2 (182 grams)

#27 Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

He does. As the calcium chelate form. Should work well.
E-Pharm TestForce2 (182 grams)

Oh, thanks. Didn't know it had a brand name that's why I missed it

#28 tinytony

tinytony

• Knowledgable User
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

So what companies sell the good daa?

Also how come PA doesn't sell it? I notice there's no daa on the prototype nutrition site. I was gonna buy it from there since I could be pretty certain it was the right kind but there's nothing there

AI Sports sells Sodium DAA. It's the only one I use. Haven't done bloods on it but it feels like it works..
PHF Supplements Rep
http://www.phfsupplements.com

#29 xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

AI Sports sells Sodium DAA. It's the only one I use. Haven't done bloods on it but it feels like it works..

and how so is that?? lucy,... u got some splainin to do!
:thefuk: Supplement Mercenaries: Reps For Hire!

#30 romangod

romangod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

What about using NMDA instead of DAA?

#31 ontop888

ontop888

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

E-Pharm testforce is honestly my favorite DAA product. Most DAA products seem to be equally effective but Testforce tastes the best and doesn't cause diarrhea.

Not an E-pharm rep, btw.

#32 Young JD

Young JD

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

Except you almost crap yourself on daa

#33 Domenic

Domenic

Chub Life

• Reps
  • 6,663 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

Except you almost crap yourself on daa

"Almost."

Sent From Phone, You Sonamabish.

Celtic Labs Rep

#34 Right Hook

Right Hook

Skwats for the twats

• Members
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

What about using NMDA instead of DAA?

J Sports Sci Med, 2014 vol. 13(1) pp. 192-9

Heavy Resistance Training and Supplementation With the Alleged Testosterone Booster Nmda has No Effect on Body Composition, Muscle Performance, and Serum Hormones Associated With the Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis in Resistance-Trained Males

Willoughby, DS; Spillane, M; Schwarz, N
The effects of 28 days of heavy resistance training while ingesting the alleged testosterone-boosting supplement, NMDA, were determined on body composition, muscle strength, serum cortisol, prolactin, and hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary- gonadal (HPG) axis. Twenty resistance-trained males engaged in 28 days of resistance training 4 times/wk while orally ingesting daily either 1.78 g of placebo (PLAC) or NMDA. Data were analyzed with separate 2 x 2 ANOVA (p < 0.05). Criterion measures involved body composition, muscle strength, serum cortisol, prolactin, and gonadal hormone levels [free and total testosterone, luteininzing hormome (LH), gonadotrophin releasing hormone (GnRH), estradiol], and were assessed before (Day 0) and after (Day 29) resistance training and supplementation. No changes were noted for total body water and fat mass in response to resistance training (p > 0.05) or supplementation (p > 0.05). In regard to total body mass and fat-free mass, however, each was significantly increased in both groups in response to resistance training (p < 0.05), but were not affected by supplementation (p > 0.05). In both groups, lower-body muscle strength was significantly increased in response to resistance training (p < 0.05); however, supplementation had no effect (p > 0.05). All serum hormones (total and free testosterone, LH, GnRH, estradiol, cortisol, prolactin) were unaffected by resistance training (p > 0.05) or supplementation (p > 0.05). The gonadal hormones and cortisol and prolactin were unaffected by 28 days of NMDA supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass. At the dose provided, NMDA had no effect on HPG axis activity or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle. Key PointsIn response to 28 days of heavy resistance training and NMDA supplementation, similar increases in muscle mass and strength in both groups occurred; however, the increases were not different between supplement groups.The supplementation of NMDA had no preferential effect on augmenting testosterone or decreasing estrogen, cortisol, and prolactin.While resistance training was effective in increasing muscle mass and strength, it was not preferentially due to NMDA supplementation.At the dose provided, NMDA supplementation for 28 days combined with resistance training does not increases muscle mass and strength due to its ability to elevate endogenous testosterone levels and lower cortisol and prolactin when compared to placebo.

The Prohormone Podcast - www.prohormonepodcast.com/
Advanced Muscle Science & ForeRunner Labs

Learn - Apply - Grow

[/CENTER]

#35 Right Hook

Right Hook

Skwats for the twats

• Members
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

They used the Muscle Warfare product in that study.

The Prohormone Podcast - www.prohormonepodcast.com/
Advanced Muscle Science & ForeRunner Labs

Learn - Apply - Grow

[/CENTER]

#36 B i o

B i o

• Members
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Who'v done bloods while on DAA?

Well i have and my test was same shit as ever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#37 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

I know this much--when I tried DAA (I won't mention brand but I have every reason to believe it was high-grade stuff) I never really got to see if it worked for me because within several days I began experiencing strange sides from it--within an hour after my daily dose, I got tunnel vision, and what vision I did have was "dim"--I felt like I was going blind. It took a couple of hours to wear off and I haven't touched the stuff since. Coincidentally (or not, depending on genetic factors) I found out a couple of years later that one of my uncles had tried using DAA and he experienced the *exact same symptoms*, and that was before I told him about trying DAA myself and the symptoms I myself experienced.
Recently I found out from an ophthalmologist that I have "tight retinas", meaning that instead of a donut-shape to the retina (with the associated blood vessels passing through the "donut hole"), my retinas are more like a "squashed donut", being narrower than they should be and with no discernible "hole" to speak of apart from the blood vessels passing through the center. So now I'm wondering if the DAA somehow caused the tunnel vision/dimming effect due to my f'd up retinas, and if my uncle may have a similar issue (that he is otherwise unaware of).
The only other times I've experienced that kind of tunnel vision was earlier on when my migraines began several years ago, but there was no "dimming" effect to those, only associated photo-sensitivity instead. So there is no doubt in my mind that the DAA caused those sides for me, given that all else was equal at the time (actually, I hadn't yet begun to have migraines at the time I was trying DAA, more like at least a year later for unrelated reasons).

I only mention all this as an (interesting?) aside, and for anyone who hasn't seen results from DAA, don't feel too bad.

HypertrophyAccelerator.png?version=24076

#38 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

J Sports Sci Med, 2014 vol. 13(1) pp. 192-9

Heavy Resistance Training and Supplementation With the Alleged Testosterone Booster Nmda has No Effect on Body Composition, Muscle Performance, and Serum Hormones Associated With the Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis in Resistance-Trained Males

Willoughby, DS; Spillane, M; Schwarz, N
The effects of 28 days of heavy resistance training while ingesting the alleged testosterone-boosting supplement, NMDA, were determined on body composition, muscle strength, serum cortisol, prolactin, and hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary- gonadal (HPG) axis. Twenty resistance-trained males engaged in 28 days of resistance training 4 times/wk while orally ingesting daily either 1.78 g of placebo (PLAC) or NMDA. Data were analyzed with separate 2 x 2 ANOVA (p < 0.05). Criterion measures involved body composition, muscle strength, serum cortisol, prolactin, and gonadal hormone levels [free and total testosterone, luteininzing hormome (LH), gonadotrophin releasing hormone (GnRH), estradiol], and were assessed before (Day 0) and after (Day 29) resistance training and supplementation. No changes were noted for total body water and fat mass in response to resistance training (p > 0.05) or supplementation (p > 0.05). In regard to total body mass and fat-free mass, however, each was significantly increased in both groups in response to resistance training (p < 0.05), but were not affected by supplementation (p > 0.05). In both groups, lower-body muscle strength was significantly increased in response to resistance training (p < 0.05); however, supplementation had no effect (p > 0.05). All serum hormones (total and free testosterone, LH, GnRH, estradiol, cortisol, prolactin) were unaffected by resistance training (p > 0.05) or supplementation (p > 0.05). The gonadal hormones and cortisol and prolactin were unaffected by 28 days of NMDA supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass. At the dose provided, NMDA had no effect on HPG axis activity or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle. Key PointsIn response to 28 days of heavy resistance training and NMDA supplementation, similar increases in muscle mass and strength in both groups occurred; however, the increases were not different between supplement groups.The supplementation of NMDA had no preferential effect on augmenting testosterone or decreasing estrogen, cortisol, and prolactin.While resistance training was effective in increasing muscle mass and strength, it was not preferentially due to NMDA supplementation.At the dose provided, NMDA supplementation for 28 days combined with resistance training does not increases muscle mass and strength due to its ability to elevate endogenous testosterone levels and lower cortisol and prolactin when compared to placebo.

At least DAA raised LH significantly, this didnt even do that

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#39 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

I know this much--when I tried DAA (I won't mention brand but I have every reason to believe it was high-grade stuff) I never really got to see if it worked for me because within several days I began experiencing strange sides from it--within an hour after my daily dose, I got tunnel vision, and what vision I did have was "dim"--I felt like I was going blind. It took a couple of hours to wear off and I haven't touched the stuff since. Coincidentally (or not, depending on genetic factors) I found out a couple of years later that one of my uncles had tried using DAA and he experienced the *exact same symptoms*, and that was before I told him about trying DAA myself and the symptoms I myself experienced.
Recently I found out from an ophthalmologist that I have "tight retinas", meaning that instead of a donut-shape to the retina (with the associated blood vessels passing through the "donut hole"), my retinas are more like a "squashed donut", being narrower than they should be and with no discernible "hole" to speak of apart from the blood vessels passing through the center. So now I'm wondering if the DAA somehow caused the tunnel vision/dimming effect due to my f'd up retinas, and if my uncle may have a similar issue (that he is otherwise unaware of).
The only other times I've experienced that kind of tunnel vision was earlier on when my migraines began several years ago, but there was no "dimming" effect to those, only associated photo-sensitivity instead. So there is no doubt in my mind that the DAA caused those sides for me, given that all else was equal at the time (actually, I hadn't yet begun to have migraines at the time I was trying DAA, more like at least a year later for unrelated reasons).

I only mention all this as an (interesting?) aside, and for anyone who hasn't seen results from DAA, don't feel too bad.

a search on NMDA and retinas shows that NMDA receptors are localized there. What the consequence of that is I dunno

#40 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

Now, not too talk mess on anyone's product, and please excuse me, my daa homework was done years ago and I'm a bit rusty....

But isn't excessive calcium intake exactly what you want to avoid when taking daa to avoid the neuro toxic effects?

Also, to the fellow above who experienced tunnel vision... I haven't ever had that but when starting up daa supplementation (free form daa in bulk) I do experience some slight euphoria when dosing 3g+ at a time... honestly that bothers me... I want as little neurological sides as possible, initially pleasant or not, when taking daa and have since switched to taking 1.5g in 2-3 doses spread out in my pct uses...

The first time I took it I was dosing high and within a couple weeks I started having some anxiety problems. Not panic attacks but nervousness in public situations and talking with customers...I'm a very outgoing person, a salesman by trade, I have absolutely no problem talking to new people... this REALLY bothered me about daa and that all the negatives I read were true.. I don't want issues like Alzheimer's when I'm older...

What are your guys opinions on this?

Btw...
Never experienced the bowel issues everyone talks about, even when dosing 4.5g at once... but give me some forskolii/forslean and I'll be cleaned out in minutes for the first week or so.

Edited by poopypants, 18 March 2014 - 11:51 PM.

• SpiderJerusalem likes this
Luuurkin...

#41 mr.cooper69

mr.cooper69

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

Now, not too talk mess on anyone's product, and please excuse me, my daa homework was done years ago and I'm a bit rusty....

But isn't excessive calcium intake exactly what you want to avoid when taking daa to avoid the neuro toxic effects?

Also, to the fellow above who experienced tunnel vision... I haven't ever had that but when starting up daa supplementation (free form daa in bulk) I do experience some slight euphoria when dosing 3g+ at a time... honestly that bothers me... I want as little neurological sides as possible, initially pleasant or not, when taking daa and have since switched to taking 1.5g in 2-3 doses spread out in my pct uses...

The first time I took it I was dosing high and within a couple weeks I started having some anxiety problems. Not panic attacks but nervousness in public situations and talking with customers...I'm a very outgoing person, a salesman by trade, I have absolutely no problem talking to new people... this REALLY bothered me about daa and that all the negatives I read were true.. I don't want issues like Alzheimer's when I'm older...

What are your guys opinions on this?

Btw...
Never experienced the bowel issues everyone talks about, even when dosing 4.5g at once... but give me some forskolii/forslean and I'll be cleaned out in minutes for the first week or so.

Neurotoxicity is due to excessive calcium influx, which has zero correlation with dietary intake. We're talking nanograms of calcium here, just a bunch of free ions for cell signaling in a specific region of the brain. Having too much calcium in the blood won't affect this process, and the amount of calcium in TF2 isn't enough to induce hypercalcemia, which is typically a disorder of PTH-signaling unless massive doses of calcium are ingested.

As for DAA's neuro effects, I use it frequently and have ZERO interest in its tboosting properties. It seems to really improve memory formation and motivated behaviors for me, probably secondary to its effects on the NMDAR.
  • SpiderJerusalem likes this

#42 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Don't you always get crazy sides though?

E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Follow me on Twitter @epharmrep

#43 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Neurotoxicity is due to excessive calcium influx, which has zero correlation with dietary intake. We're talking nanograms of calcium here, just a bunch of free ions for cell signaling in a specific region of the brain. Having too much calcium in the blood won't affect this process, and the amount of calcium in TF2 isn't enough to induce hypercalcemia, which is typically a disorder of PTH-signaling unless massive doses of calcium are ingested.

this is the answer i wanted to give but you did a much better job with the terminology than i would have

#44 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Don't you always get crazy sides though?

I do. If there's any possibility something is going to cause any sides at all, I am the poor slob who gets them!
If I were a smart man, I'd probably find a way to parlay that into some kind of career as a professional lab rat...

HypertrophyAccelerator.png?version=24076

#45 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

As for DAA's neuro effects, I use it frequently and have ZERO interest in its tboosting properties. It seems to really improve memory formation and motivated behaviors for me, probably secondary to its effects on the NMDAR.

Thank you for clarifying that for me! I never came across the fact that there was little correlation in your dietary intake of calcium and the influx of levels in the brain...

Are you also telling me there's neurological benefits? Can you cite some for me? I love to learn more
Luuurkin...

#46 mr.cooper69

mr.cooper69

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Thank you for clarifying that for me! I never came across the fact that there was little correlation in your dietary intake of calcium and the influx of levels in the brain...

Are you also telling me there's neurological benefits? Can you cite some for me? I love to learn more

I don't think there's any human data, but there's data on the effects of NMDA agonism on performance in stressful situations. Look up "Hebbian learning" or "longterm potentiation"

#47 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

I don't think there's any human data, but there's data on the effects of NMDA agonism on performance in stressful situations. Look up "Hebbian learning" or "longterm potentiation"

I think most of the memory stuff is for things like d-serine and NMDA agonists known to accumulate in areas like hippocampus. DAA accumulates preferentially in the pituitary and hypothalamus

#48 mr.cooper69

mr.cooper69

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

I think most of the memory stuff is for things like d-serine and NMDA agonists known to accumulate in areas like hippocampus. DAA accumulates preferentially in the pituitary and hypothalamus

Well the hippocampus would definitely be the preferred site where memory is concerned, but whatever it is, I definitely perceive a little more "drive" when it comes to learning, and that in turn helps my memory. Could be placebo, but I've tried it enough times with and without DAA in a variety of settings, with at least a mild measure of objectivity (exam scores)

#49 nicoacademia

nicoacademia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

i regularly end up at the doctors with running nose and seriously unable to work.
i've have tried the lot of stuff you can find from the store including nasal stuffs n various herbs, berries, anti-allergens, etc.(literally everything)

but somehow testforce2 helps this condition. whenever i feel it coming i take it in the morning n i'll be fine.

so far yet to read anything like this.

but it's my staple.

#50 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

Wait, are you saying neurotox effects of daa are due to excessive cal influx, or that neurotox in general is due to that? If the former, how do we prevent that when using daa?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daa, doesnt work, forum, work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users