available big figure potent product question size structure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Teknoslam

Teknoslam

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

PA, happy holidays. was just doing some surfing on pubmed, and came across a compound that looked at first glance somewhat similar to TAA.

"A novel AMPK activator, WS070117, improves lipid metabolism discords in hamsters and HepG2 cells"

It seems to be an adenosine derivative. some more digging led to some info on the structure in terms of synthesis. "The synthesis of O2',O3',O5'-tri-acetyl-N6-(3-hydroxylaniline)adenosine, named as WS070117 (Figure 1A), began with acetylation of inosine using commercially available acetic anhydride, chlorination with SOCl2, and substitution with 3-aminophenol."

Despite being based on adenosine, the structure is quite different than TAA (despite having a tri-acetyl group as well). But it also seems to be a very potent AMPK activator (significantly more so than AICAR, which i guess is used on a comparative basis when looking at AMPK activation). do you think TAA has similar effects on AMPK, and perhaps lipid profile as well?

I am a big fan of TAA by the way. i use it all the time. really great product.

#2 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

PA, happy holidays. was just doing some surfing on pubmed, and came across a compound that looked at first glance somewhat similar to TAA.

"A novel AMPK activator, WS070117, improves lipid metabolism discords in hamsters and HepG2 cells"

It seems to be an adenosine derivative. some more digging led to some info on the structure in terms of synthesis. "The synthesis of O2',O3',O5'-tri-acetyl-N6-(3-hydroxylaniline)adenosine, named as WS070117 (Figure 1A), began with acetylation of inosine using commercially available acetic anhydride, chlorination with SOCl2, and substitution with 3-aminophenol."

Despite being based on adenosine, the structure is quite different than TAA (despite having a tri-acetyl group as well). But it also seems to be a very potent AMPK activator (significantly more so than AICAR, which i guess is used on a comparative basis when looking at AMPK activation). do you think TAA has similar effects on AMPK, and perhaps lipid profile as well?

I am a big fan of TAA by the way. i use it all the time. really great product.

i have never read anything regarding adenosine or its esters activating ampk

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: available, big, figure, potent, product, question, size, structure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users