Official Store

Photo
- - - - -

did you lift weights while you were incarcerated, Pat?

iron lift men prison pump thread weights

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

i read in another thread where you mentioned that they are phasing weights out of prison, just wondering if you were able to pump some iron while in the pen.

#2 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,675 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

i was able to get in there a few times to lift. it was very hard becuse it was busy and you needed to work in with others. i ended up pulling my pec actually. i also did alot of calistenics and liftede water jugs in the bathroom or whatever i could do. the weight pit was outside and it was winter too

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#3 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

how do guys in jail get so big on the food that they are given there? i always wondered that.

#4 BigCatDaddy

BigCatDaddy

• Members
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

how do guys in jail get so big on the food that they are given there? i always wondered that.

Genetics can be a wonderful thing.
"I dont think smell is a reliable gauge of purity" - Patrick Arnold

#5 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,675 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

and having lots of rest and time to train. guys that try can scrounge up enough protein by selling ding dongs to fat guys for their tuna and stuff

#6 Doctor Steuss

Doctor Steuss

Drunk With Power

• Super Moderators
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

That there 47,XYY karyotype.

(not srs)

Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous---
Almost, at times, the Fool.
--Elliot

#7 Treasure86

Treasure86

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

BBC genetics

#8 ad1012

ad1012

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

I met an ex-con once that told me that they could actually get protein powder from the commissary.

#9 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,675 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

I met an ex-con once that told me that they could actually get protein powder from the commissary.

duchaine said he could too but some crappy stuff. that was early 90s though. where i was the closest thing was carnation instant milk, which i used to buy on the black market

much to the dismay of the crack dealer on the bunk above me (PA got quite gassy)

#10 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

were steroids available on the prison black market?

#11 Treasure86

Treasure86

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

duchaine said he could too but some crappy stuff. that was early 90s though. where i was the closest thing was carnation instant milk, which i used to buy on the black market

much to the dismay of the crack dealer on the bunk above me (PA got quite gassy)

Just hearing that is giving me gas...i need my lactaid for anything cow milk related

#12 pasamoto

pasamoto

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

1) there are tons of carbs everywhere.
2) you can buy tuna pack
4) plenty of recovery tim
5) and this for me was was the biggest factor... Guys on the yard do not train like your average pussy in the gym. If you even want to step on the weight pile you have to be killing shit. I never lifted weights till I went to prison. And the first day on the yard I saw a guy at 165lb pull a 600lb deadlift. So right from the gate you have the bar set much higher than you do in the free world. You can't lift like a pussyy there. If your on the yard your getting big. It's just not the same world. The rules are differant.
deezle1: "if you wanted to gain just weight,you really don't NEED ph's do you?just go eat a shit-ton of fried ice cream & chitterlin sammiches & voila,10lbs in 5 days."

AM+AH v3/trenavar/Pstanz/formeron

#13 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,675 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

5) and this for me was was the biggest factor... Guys on the yard do not train like your average pussy in the gym. If you even want to step on the weight pile you have to be killing shit. I never lifted weights till I went to prison. And the first day on the yard I saw a guy at 165lb pull a 600lb deadlift. So right from the gate you have the bar set much higher than you do in the free world. You can't lift like a pussyy there. If your on the yard your getting big. It's just not the same world. The rules are differant.

when a hundred people are vying for enough weights for 6 people then things get tense. Thats how i pulled my pec. i got in with a group of five guys that were benching and when it was my turn i was so wound up that i totally went for it when i should have noticed i was not stable. It didnt help that it was 15 degrees outside either

#14 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

how much were you benching when you tore your pec?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iron, lift, men, prison, pump, thread, weights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users