Official Store

- - - - -

best text for understanding biochemistry of steroids?

anavar books drug steroids testosterone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sinewysam

Sinewysam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hello, I am interested in learning more about how and why specific structural changes produce certain functional characteristics in steroids.

For example, what is it about the removal of the 19th carbon of testosterone that gives us the different acting drug nandrolone? How does the 2-oxo group effect the actions of anavar? and so forth

I am also interested in the organic chemistry as well, primarily synthesis but also quality control and purification.

could you recommend any good textbooks or journals that deal with these subjects?

#2 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,727 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hello, I am interested in learning more about how and why specific structural changes produce certain functional characteristics in steroids.

For example, what is it about the removal of the 19th carbon of testosterone that gives us the different acting drug nandrolone? How does the 2-oxo group effect the actions of anavar? and so forth

I am also interested in the organic chemistry as well, primarily synthesis but also quality control and purification.

could you recommend any good textbooks or journals that deal with these subjects?

Vida discussed some of the associations between structure and activity however back then they didnt really know enough about the metabolism and receptor binding etc. to theorize on mechanism

I dont know of any texts that compile the research that is more up to date. I just sort of learned stuff here and there over time

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#3 JohnMcc

JohnMcc

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.
DevastatingDave "Lets all be big boys here for a little bit and cycle like we mean it."

Nostrum420 "... as for the money unless you're a pro BBer or fitness model steroids were always kind of a waste...but hey everyone needs a hobby..."

Rich Piana "...supplement stands for, it's the second best thing to the best thing."

#4 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,727 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

I dunno if people still goes to libraries but that might be a good start. Find a science or medical library at a large university near you and start reading the materials there that involve the science of anabolic steroids. Thats how i did it, there was no looking stuff up on the internet back then

#5 Domenic

Domenic

Chub Life

• Reps
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

I dunno if people still goes to libraries but that might be a good start. Find a science or medical library at a large university near you and start reading the materials there that involve the science of anabolic steroids. Thats how i did it, there was no looking stuff up on the internet back then

When I'm at a PC I'm going to rep you for this genuine, smug-free response, you big Teddy bear.

Sent from Your Butt

Celtic Labs Rep

#6 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,727 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

When I'm at a PC I'm going to rep you for this genuine, smug-free response, you big Teddy bear.

Sent from Your Butt

Oh STFU

#7 Domenic

Domenic

Chub Life

• Reps
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Oh STFU

Oh it's too late. The rep launch sequence has been activated.

Sent from Your Butt

Celtic Labs Rep

#8 Right Hook

Right Hook

Skwats for the twats

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

You can access all that shit on the internet now through your university. Unless it's really old...

The Prohormone Podcast - www.prohormonepodcast.com/
Advanced Muscle Science & ForeRunner Labs

Learn - Apply - Grow

[/CENTER]

#9 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,727 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

You can access all that shit on the internet now through your university. Unless it's really old...

still u need to be in the library to read the books like the ones by kochakian, Kruskemper, Vida and others.

#10 Sinewysam

Sinewysam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Well thanks for the input; I start grad school at university of georgia in august so will once again have access to a nice big science library, I will use those names as starting points.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anavar, books, drug, steroids, testosterone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users