• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

Good Evening Patrick,

Can you recommend a good nootropic stack for a total n00b like myself? as i am getting older and have a grandfather who died of alzheimers, i would like to avoid the same fate if possible. i am ready to train my mind as hard as i train my body. well, maybe not that hard, but nonetheless, am open to suggestions. thanks in advance

#2 nuggit

nuggit

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Ima big fan of noopept myself.. Also love phenylpiracetam but that ones only for occasional use. Also use choline

#3 jessep76

jessep76

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

I was never aware that someone could die from alzheimers, if the disease wasn't bad enough.
I'd like to know as well.

Side note, my mother really liked the caffeine free Focus XT.

#4 labelhunter

labelhunter

Senior Member #1

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

I would start with trying the racetams and see what you like. I only use Phenylpiracetam before games and when I really need extra focus. But the other racetams can be used everyday for a while. Check out some PRL-8-53 or some of the other extreme ones. I take Sunifiram now with Alpha GPC and not really sure its doing anything. You can get like 40 grams of Noopept for like 45 bucks if you look around. Enjoy! Let us know what you choose.

#5 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

I've been trying noopept and choline... Haven't felt much. Labelhunter, do you feel long term use is appropriate?
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#6 labelhunter

labelhunter

Senior Member #1

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Well how long is long term? I mean, a few months is like the norm with the racetams except for phenyl. I purchase from here. https://www.newstarnootropics.com/

#7 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

I mean like what's the best way to use them? Do you only really notice the effects after a while or should it be more like caffeine, an instant hit? I've searched but there isn't too much research on them, and anecdotal evidence is mixed. If a couple months is the norm, why is there a need to 'come off'?
Antaeus Labs Rep

#8 labelhunter

labelhunter

Senior Member #1

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

The racetams take a little while to build up. Its not like Caffeine but phenylpiracetam is. Just use it when you need a little extra focus. I always use a Choline source with them. Alpha GPC is my choice for Choline. Sunifiram I am just experimenting with. They are all basically experiments. lol

#9 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

What I have is noopept and choline bitrate mixed so that in 300mg (which I have a scoop for) I get aprox 10mg noopept and 290mg choline. I've tried 2 scoops a day, one upon awakening and another around 2pm. Have you found racetams interfere with your sleep?
Antaeus Labs Rep

#10 labelhunter

labelhunter

Senior Member #1

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

No I have not found them to interfere unless vivid you would call interfering. Noopept need to build up from my experience. Give it a week or so. I like the idea of noopept rebuilding receptors (in mice?).

#11 phfreak

phfreak

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Adrafinil is good not as good as prescription provigil or nuvigil but pretty close.

#12 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

where might one get adrafinil?  didn't someone put in a sort of "super" nootropic blend? the guy who had that guardian angel website or whatever it was

#13 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

i have ordered some alpha gpc and noopept. also ordered some pea and synephrine. 

#14 nuggit

nuggit

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Mind you its nothing mind blowing. But effects are noticeable in me with noopept.. and its cheap, can't hurt to try it ya know. N hah I actually have adrinafil but am waiting til next weekend to experiment with. I apparently have a good source but they're usually sold out lol

#15 angelbolic

angelbolic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Tried everything under the sun and they're all placebo in my opinion. That or the beneficial effects are so miniscule the Kepler telescope couldn't detect it if it was an arm length in front of it. 

Just take some amp or another strong stim, at least you feel bright and smart.

#16 bigflex0

bigflex0

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Whether they have highly noticeable effects in those with normal cognitive function can be debated. You see reports of no effects to life changing effects. I think this has to be do to people having such varied starting points. For someone who is firing on all cylinders and is looking for an enhancement of normal high functioning cognitive ability then you might be disappointed. If you are working from a point of disadvantage, for whatever reason ( lack of sufficient sleep, prior drug abuse or some other reason) then you might find the benefits profound. This is a THEORY but could help explain the vast range of benefits you see as compared to the "this stuff does nothing" reports. 

#17 bossman523

bossman523

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

well, i took i some pea and synephrine with my morning n00ts, so i am at least feeling somewhat stimulated. and caffeine too

#18 labelhunter

labelhunter

Senior Member #1

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

newstarnootropics is where I get mine from.  They carry a lot and are domestic. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: body, like, nootropics, stack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)