• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#276 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:35 AM

If we took those same mice and got them accustomed to a regular exercise protocol.... then BAIBA administration would no longer have a marked lipolytic effect in comparison to that of the sedentary control. Nomsayin?

For someone who claims to be "all about the science", you seem to be quite ready to forego experimentation and jump straight to the conclusions.

There's no reason to think that BAIBA doesn't work in exercising individuals, and every reason to think that "more is better" (for example, by drawing parallels to other exercise mimetics like AICAR and GW501516).

330tqur.jpg

#277 exothermic

exothermic

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

It doesn't contain retinoic acid, it contains retinol. I don't think either RA or retinol are the active form; PMC3792792 strongly suggests that the intermediate metabolite retinaldehyde (rald) is responsible for white fat browning and UCP1 induction. (see also Watching Your Weight with Retinaldehyde?)

Speaking of being "disingenuous", why are you being so selective with what you use to demonstrate your point?

You just omitted a pivotal excerpt in that study you cited [PMC3792792] ~ which completely invalidates the inclusion of retinol as well:

"In contrast to Rald, retinol failed to induce Ucp1 promoter activity. The fact that both retinol and Rald can bind RAR in ligand-displacement assays37, but only Rald activates Ucp1 expression in these experimental models, argues for Rald-specific functional effects in WAT."

#278 exothermic

exothermic

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

It adds nothing to the cost of the product, and could plausibly increase the product's efficacy.

I just showed you why there are no plausible effects on UCP1. 

The data has to be [properly] extrapolated prior to being considered plausible ~ hence the reason I've been posting in this thread.

#279 exothermic

exothermic

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

For someone who claims to be "all about the science", you seem to be quite ready to forego experimentation and jump straight to the conclusions.

I'm just being realistic.

#280 exothermic

exothermic

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:56 AM

There's no reason to think that BAIBA doesn't work in exercising individuals, and every reason to think that "more is better"

If this were the case.... our debate wouldn't even be taking place right now.

#281 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

Speaking of being "disingenuous", why are you being so selective with what you use to demonstrate your point?

You just omitted a pivotal excerpt in that study you just cited [PMC3792792] ~ which completely invalidates the inclusion of retinol as well:

"In contrast to Rald, retinol failed to induce Ucp1 promoter activity. The fact that both retinol and Rald can bind RAR in ligand-displacement assays37, but only Rald activates Ucp1 expression in these experimental models, argues for Rald-specific functional effects in WAT."

In vitro experiments with retinol ignore in vivo metabolism. Retinol readily converts to retinaldehyde, as an intermediate step to retinoic acid. Obviously ALDH1A1 inhibition would be the "obvious" solution [to increasing only retinaldehyde], impairing the conversion to retinoic acid, but that would pose a number of new problems.

Vitamin A is included as a minor part of a much wider formula based on taking as complete an approach to targetting white fat browning as possible.

• frank thomas likes this

330tqur.jpg

#282 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

My GF tried it for 3 weeks and at 140lbs with a good diet (1200 cals) did not notice any results, despite working up to 3/day. She has instead returned to other GNC brands which work better for her. I can't recall the name right now but I could ask if there was any interest.
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench------395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------550lbs---- --187lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#283 Ravock

Ravock

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between starlight and darkness

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

So has anyone come up with any recommended protocols on dosage timing?  Right now I'm just dosing during breakfast and then again during my preworkout straight into some light cardio before lifting, then finishing with some more intense cardio.

#284 frank thomas

frank thomas

• Reps
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

So has anyone come up with any recommended protocols on dosage timing?  Right now I'm just dosing during breakfast and then again during my preworkout straight into some light cardio before lifting, then finishing with some more intense cardio.

I just started yesterday. That is pretty much what I am doing.  BUT, I take before the meal with a cayenne pepper capsule.

#285 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

I just started yesterday. That is pretty much what I am doing.  BUT, I take before the meal with a cayenne pepper capsule.

Why with cayenne, does it have some synergistic effect or do you just like cayenne pepper capsules?

#286 frank thomas

frank thomas

• Reps
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:30 PM

Why with cayenne, does it have some synergistic effect or do you just like cayenne pepper capsules?

In western herbal medicine it is used as a carrier herb. It helps absorption rate. Plus, it may lend itself to promoting fat burning.

• Yellowsnow likes this

#287 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

In western herbal medicine it is used as a carrier herb. It helps absorption rate. Plus, it may lend itself to promoting fat burning.

I really like to put cayenne on most of my foods.  I love to sweat when I eat for some reason!!

• frank thomas likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users