Photo
- - - - -

Rebound Weight Gain. Think I Fucked Myself Up.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Anyone following my log noticed I lost an average of 2.7lbs a week, for a total of 24lbs in 9 weeks. Ended at 219, stepped on the scale this morning....250. Holy fucking shit. I have been eating maintenance since Saturday of last week. 3000 calories a day. Let's assume 10lbs is water weight...that means I gained 20lbs of pure fat in one week, which seems impossible. Technically I'd have to eat 10,000 calories over maintenance every day, which is 13000 calories a day. Impossible. I'm not on cycle at the moment. Just trt dose of test. Looking in the mirror I have obviously gained fat. Also I was on t3, but only stopped taking it yesterday, considering it has a half life of 2.5 days this couldn't be a factor.

What the fuck?

#2 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

I have a hard time entertaining the thought of a person gaining 30lbs in one week while eating at maintenance.  Scale not working properly? 

I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#3 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

I have a hard time entertaining the thought of a person gaining 30lbs in one week while eating at maintenance. Scale not working properly?

Nope. Same scale I've been using. Wife used this morning and weighed her the same. I can take pics of myself. I legitimately look fat again.

Makes no sense.

#4 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

yeah, comparison pics of 219-250 if you will.  30+ LBS in a week doesnt make sense.

• hewhoisripped likes this
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#5 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Even if I completely feasted like a fat fuck for one week this should be impossible considering the numbers. I look exactly like I did beginning the fast cut.

#6 street_rider123

street_rider123

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

Do you run?

If not, start

#7 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Waist is also measuring 44.5" around love handles. It was like 40 ending the diet. I'm not really bloated in the gut at the moment either. It was like 43" when I started.

#8 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

It's also worth noting the last week my strength has dropped considerably even with adequate calories.

#9 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

Well obviously for your activity level 3000kcal is NOT current maintenance.

Reassess and adjust.

Also. Time of day you are eating certain macros makes a HUGE difference. No carbs within 5 hours of sleeping.

Source of cals makes a HUGE difference. Don't know how many times we have to tell you this.

Fat cells hardly ever experience apoptosis when cutting, if you've been FAT at one point, you should know you can EASILY put it back on and retain more water weight quickly than others due to cellular count... It's like muscle memory for fat.

Have you been in the gym at all this last week?
  • TripleOvertime and Majora23 like this
Luuurkin...

#10 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Well obviously for your activity level 3000kcal is NOT current maintenance.

Reassess and adjust.

Also. Time of day you are eating certain macros makes a HUGE difference. No carbs within 5 hours of sleeping.

Source of cals makes a HUGE difference. Don't know how many times we have to tell you this.

Fat cells hardly ever experience apoptosis when cutting, if you've been FAT at one point, you should know you can EASILY put it back on and retain more water weight quickly than others due to cellular count... It's like muscle memory for fat.

Have you been in the gym at all this last week?

Yeah, 4days last week. Almost all my calories were clean. Oats, chicken, sweet potatoes, salad with chicken. My maintenance definitely was 3300 before. Shit most of my blast cruise log I was dieting between 2800-2600 cals losing a lb a week, and fat cells don't burn many cals so lost fat normally doesn't effect tdee unless lbm is lost with it, maybe my metabolism did slow down but like I said I'd have to eat 10000 calories a day over maintenance considering a lb of fat is 3500 calories.

#11 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Dude, your mostly retaining water. That's a fact. Fighters deplete an easy 10-20lbs before a fight... likely your retaining a ton of water and the overall cell count is attributing to this effect.

Maintenance changes as you lose weight, so you need to adjust that accordingly and that's if it was correct to begin with.

Get off as many drugs as you can. Get blood tests if you can. Reassess the overall diet and nutrient intake timing. Increase overall activity level, that is change rep range on exercises to 10-12 target rep ranges and hit cardio if necessary... even if it's walking 45 min post workout. Doesn't have to be high impact.

Good luck man.
Luuurkin...

#12 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Is it possible I damaged myself metabolicly dieting like I did? I'm getting blood work tomorrow, and I'm only on trt (150-200mg test ew). I'm taking a week off training because my strength and recovery has gone to shit even with more cals, and of course my recent home life situation.

#13 Majora23

Majora23

Saiyan

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

It's the dieting, the anabolics, the t3, the clen the duration, the amount, the fatigue... All of it. Your body just needs to get back to normal, it needs rest.. Remember your body is used to all that stuff putting it's natural functions on cruise control, it needs to reset a bit.. Not just water weight being back on and your body not using the nutrients the way it was before, but also food is sitting in your stomach longer because all those things arn't putting you into overdrive mode where your body wants to use it as soon as it hits the stomach. And yes the stress of everything..

Keep hitting the gym but give your body a break from the other stuff for a while.. And maintenance is a fickle thing... Like i'm only 5'10", but i'm now a solid 207lbs and my maintenance while on cycle(if there is such a thing haha) is about 1800-2200cals of healthy shit of course. Helps that i'm a hippy mutha fucker with shit so I don't even have cheat days or drinking nights. But I train for mass and strength and the amount of foods people claim to need is funny. Just gotta eat the right shit ala no pre-prepared/packaged anything.. Not even "healthy" dinner meals or wtv. Along the way I had alot of fuckups... Body weight fluctions of 10-15lbs in a matter of about 36-48hours was not a rare thing so don't freak too much... After a while it will start to balance back out the other way and you will be like wtf? I'm not really even trying but i'm losing some lbs...
  • milkhouse likes this
No one even quotes people in signatures anymore -PZTHATER

#14 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

No way its only 10 lbs of water. I put on 14 lbs in 1 day and it all comes of by the next week. How's your sodium and water intake?
I love you man!

#15 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Maybe maintenance is lower now. But Jesus how did I literally regain everything lost? It can't be all water. 30lbs of water weight is like 4 gallons or more or water.

#16 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

No way its only 10 lbs of water. I put on 14 lbs in 1 day and it all comes of by the next week. How's your sodium and water intake?

normal.

#17 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Okay well that could be part. By introducing more food you've also inadvertently increased sodium I'm assuming. Therefore your water intake being normal isn't going to move the water and sodium out of the body. Drink more water
I love you man!

#18 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Maybe maintenance is lower now. But Jesus how did I literally regain everything lost? It can't be all water. 30lbs of water weight is like 4 gallons or more or water.

Curious.

What have your bowel movements been like as of late?

And dude. What's more likely? Excess water and glycogen weight or fat gain... come on now
Luuurkin...

#19 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

Curious.

What have your bowel movements been like as of late?

And dude. What's more likely? Excess water and glycogen weight or fat gain... come on now

Both. I'm legitimately fatter. Even my wife noticed it. I was initially constipated for several days but as of today, I've taken four massive shits dropping all of that. Like I said waist is measuring 44.5 inches vs 40.5 before. I've lost alot of vascularity. Can no longer see my top two abs, oblique outlines.

#20 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

Your cortisol is probably thru the roof right now I would assume
I love you man!

#21 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Your cortisol is probably thru the roof right now I would assume

Probably. During the middle of the diet stress hormones were so high I couldn't sleep through the night. Would be awake with nervousness every 2 hours and would often awake 5-6 hrs after sleeping vs 8 with anxiety. Went away few days after returning to.maintenance.

And no this wasn't attributed to tren. Tren has been out of the picture for awhile. Even without it had this problem.

#22 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Also like I said before I find it incredibly strange even though I was consuming more calories my lifts and ability to work out went in the toilet. I kept losing strength.

#23 Mr Taco

Mr Taco

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

I don't think you can gain 20 pounds of fat in a week, particularly on AAS. That sounds biologically impossible. I got 100 dollars on OP is full sponge mode. 

We also know that you've been going through a lot of stress lately, couple that with the fact that you might have more anxiety than anyone else on the board(or anywhere else for that matter) and I could see how you've jumped to this new conclusion. Relax and give yourself some time to rebalance. Maybe keep your cals a little lower just so you can be sure you aren't accidentally going over whatever maintenance is... but at 3k cals it probably doesn't matter that much to make a huge difference. 

Also I can't really tell a difference between the pictures. Doesn't look much different other than gravity seems to be fucked up and turned you sideways in the "after" pic.

• milkhouse and poopypants like this

#24 ThatBigGuyFromOki

ThatBigGuyFromOki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

Run , run , run and run some more. It helps me shred up. Theres no way substitute for hard hard work

#25 hellsgatekeeper

hellsgatekeeper

Is Weak and Fat

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Even if pic doesn't show it well I definitely am fatter now. Last three days my weight has stabilized out at 248. Exactly 5lbs (accounting for glycogen) abov my start weight. Waist is 44.5", exactly where I started the crazy cut.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users