• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

198 lb class

405 squat

385 bench

540 deadlift

In all seriousness, ive never been to a meet or anything, just trained for my 3 lifts. Does anyone have any advice? Are meets kinda like "do as many as possible for experience" or more of "wait until you can actually compete". thanks for any info fellas!

#2 saywat2587

saywat2587

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Depends how you look at it.

Say give it a shot. First meet or two are going to be learning experiences focus more on learning the commands and the process. Those numbers are good. I say go for it

• truthusp45 likes this

#3 hugoBmirin

hugoBmirin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationgainsville

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

you are always ready for a meet.

Power lifting is a personal journey and most power lifters love to see the people around the succeed and advance. All the pl guys I have had the pleasure of lifting with were very informative and helpful.

I have never had the time to go to a meet but from what I have heard it is a great experience. Lifting with power lifters is a great time and I would love to get involved with a pl crew, they are very supportive bunch of guys.

• TheMyth89, truthusp45 and PZTHATER like this

#4 TheMyth89

TheMyth89

Test is BEST!

• Members
  • 4,917 posts
  • LocationIn The Gym!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Those numbers are good brother just have to give it a shot, I did powerlifting and had my own crew was very fun.

For comparison sake I did the 165lb class but weighed 150.5lbs when I competed.

Bench - 300

Squat - 380

Deadlift - low 400's can't remmmber like 412.5 or something.

Need advice on training, cycle layouts, general supplements, diet or just have a general question? Just send me a PM!

Follow my log:  http://www.prohormon...d-follow-along/

#5 RedSoxBrah

RedSoxBrah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

A little late but definitely give it a try and step on the platform. Don't worry about getting a medal, winning best lifter, and such–especially for your first meet. Just go and do it for your own betterment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users