• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 danieltx

danieltx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'm looking at running trestolone as a base for a contest prep cycle. While most literature mentions the temporary state of infertility it induces, which is reversible when use is ceased, I've seen some people vehemently arguing that it can cause permanent infertility. And I can't pin down a source on those claims.

We all know there's a chance of permanent infertility from any steroid, plus just from any number of other factors in our lives. But is there anything we've discovered about trestolone that makes permanent infertility possible?

#2 B i o

B i o

• Members
  • 956 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

Always possible but nothing a good clomid cycle cant solve 100 / 100 / 50 / 50

This protocol works better than HCG for me 

#3 danieltx

danieltx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Obviously yes, clomid's always been my choice.

But I'm trying to determine if there's specific data linking trestolone and permanent, irreversible infertility. Nothing I've seen in research papers, bodybuilding community writeups, etc. mentions it being permanent, though one paper said nothing is known about long-term effects on fertility.

I think a lot of guys are taking the 12x more suppressive than testosterone and running with it. I can't imagine something talked of as a contraceptive would have permanent implications. Is there any female contraceptive that does that?

#4 Shrunken Nuts

Shrunken Nuts

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

I don't want any more kids anyway... bwahahahahaha!!

• deezle1 likes this

#5 B i o

B i o

• Members
  • 956 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

Obviously yes, clomid's always been my choice.

But I'm trying to determine if there's specific data linking trestolone and permanent, irreversible infertility. Nothing I've seen in research papers, bodybuilding community writeups, etc. mentions it being permanent, though one paper said nothing is known about long-term effects on fertility.

I think a lot of guys are taking the 12x more suppressive than testosterone and running with it. I can't imagine something talked of as a contraceptive would have permanent implications. Is there any female contraceptive that does that?

The problem is that trestolone for bodybuilding purposes is needed a much higher dose than its use as contraceptive...

Another problem is that it is a new drug so there are not many trustful studies out there on long terms effects.

#6 Wesleyinman

Wesleyinman

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:06 AM

Any PH or AAS has this potential IMO.  But trest has been known for this to happen, so I would personally believe that the chances are higher.

One product that I have seen over the years that can help with infertility is HUMANOFORT.  I've used it with clients and seen it increase otherwise shut down sperm counts via blood work. Phil Hernon and Emeric carry it and they use it for several other purposes. 

I don't believe that they are allowed to promote it for this reason, but for sure it specifically has this as a potential secondary effect.

• frank thomas likes this

Sponsored Lighweight 105K Strongman Competitor

IRON MAG LABS BODYBUILDING REP - www.ironmaglabs.com

#7 Mr Taco

Mr Taco

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:26 AM

Well, if I'm still on this board in a couple years I'll let you know how it goes for me. We're planning on kids in 2-3 years so I'll find out how I'm functioning then.

#8 danieltx

danieltx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

But trest has been known for this to happen, so I would personally believe that the chances are higher.

Known to cause permanent, irreversible infertility? Do you have specific examples?

• frank thomas likes this

#9 Electric lowes

Electric lowes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

What about these ph? Can they cause this?

#10 danieltx

danieltx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

Been digging through studies to answer my own question, here's what I've found:

Full text of study - http://onlinelibrary...107.002683/full

Both groups showed profound suppression of spermatogenesis initially (Figure 2). At 12 weeks, 8 of 10 subjects (80%) in the MENT group and 13 of 16 (81%) in the testosterone group demonstrated suppression to less than 1 × 106/mL, with 3 and 11 subjects, respectively, being azoospermic. Thereafter, suppression was inconsistent in the MENT group. Only 4 men maintained less than 1 × 106/mL until 24 weeks, whereas the others showed partial recovery. Overall the mean sperm concentration rose to 11.5 × 106/mL ± 5.2 × 106/mL at that time.

In contrast, the testosterone group showed maintained suppression. At 24 weeks, 14 of 16 subjects (88%) were azoospermic, and by the end of the treatment period all subjects demonstrated azoospermia (n = 14). One of the 2 men not azoospermic at 24 weeks withdrew from the study for personal reasons, and the other became azoospermic at week 44. The range of time to achieve azoospermia was therefore 4–44 weeks (median, 12 weeks). Once azoospermic, sperm were detected only in the centrifuged pellet of the ejaculate in 1 individual on 1 occasion.
Recovery was rapid following implant removal in the MENT group, with 9 of 10 subjects achieving sperm concentration of more than 20 × 106/mL within 16 weeks. Slower recovery was seen in the testosterone group, with a median duration of 28 weeks. One subject continued to show sperm concentrations of 10 × 106/mL–15 × 106/mL after more than 1 year of follow-up, with normal total sperm number, motility and morphology, and gonadotropin concentrations. A second subject underwent vasectomy before his sperm concentration had recovered to more than 20 × 106/mL, 64 weeks after removal of etonogestrel implants.

Yes it's about ment, but we can assume it applies to at least some degree to trestolone.

• Testosterone induced azoospermia quicker in more guys than ment
  • After 4 weeks, some men on ment had their sperm and FSH levels start to recover - while still taking ment!
  • Testosterone maintains suppression better than ment
  • Guys recovered more quickly from ment than testosterone

These guys used ment for up to 24 weeks. Obviously the dosages are less than for bodybuilding purposes, but this study makes these claims of permanent infertility due to ment or trest seem ridiculous.

Open to agreeing and dissenting studies.

#11 fived

fived

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

Just my .02. It's probably possible, but highly unlikely. Look at some of the pro's and the dosage of gear they have been running for endless number of years. Lot's of them have kids. I think a couple trest cycles with a proper PCT should get everything back to normal. 

#12 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

Just my .02. It's probably possible, but highly unlikely. Look at some of the pro's and the dosage of gear they have been running for endless number of years. Lot's of them have kids. I think a couple trest cycles with a proper PCT should get everything back to normal. 

Key words here of course being "I think" and "should". One of the only methods to really determine if this is possible is to test someone's fertility pre-steroid use, and have them use it for however long they want while conducting periodic fertility tests. Even that would be skewed as some will be more suspectible to infetrility and could have more to do with other factors in their lives than steroids...

Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench------395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------550lbs---- --187lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#13 fived

fived

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

Key words here of course being "I think" and "should". One of the only methods to really determine if this is possible is to test someone's fertility pre-steroid use, and have them use it for however long they want while conducting periodic fertility tests. Even that would be skewed as some will be more suspectible to infetrility and could have more to do with other factors in their lives than steroids...

Yes, those are just my opinions. If you are playing with any type of hormones one should know that this is also possible with test, tren, etc. If you are so worried about this than you shouldn't be taking anything that can possibly cause infertility. 

• deezle1 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trest, ment, fertility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users