• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

Hi guys, so ive been lurking this forum for a while now, learning as much as i can about prohormones and proper cycles etc etc and last week i decided i wanted to take the first step toward my first cycle and that was taking a blood test to see everthing is okay before i go further. So my doc was hesistant about the test and i found out today that he only checked Testorsterone in the hormone panel and that was it for the hormones. All the other throid, liver etc came back good but one thing that struck my as alarming was a Testosterone level of 10nmol/L which equates to 288ng/dL. Im 20 years old soon to be 21 and according to the test the normal levels is between 8.5-29, and my doctor said it was fine, but i know that relative for my age a level of 10 must be low right? Im going to another doctor tomorrow to get a second opinion on the bloodwork but what do you guys think i should do? I appreciate any advice

#2 Craysonsteve

Craysonsteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

I don't believe a level that low at your age is fine but there isn't much a regular doc will do for you. Find a clinic that specializes in HRT and talk to them. Check out prices etc. before you commit though. I know it sucks man. I was at 200-400 ng/dl for 1.5-2 years, felt like shit, and couldn't find sympathetic doctors due to my age, past ph use, and the (false) negative perception of testosterone. I finally found a clinic with a reasonable price, only 200$ for the initial visit and then just your prescription cost. My doc was 100% ready to prescribe a liberal amount of test and then my bloodwork came back just above 600. Unfortunately he couldn't prescribe then because of DEA's shit rules regarding these things. Personally I'd like to just say screw and artificially raise my levels to ~1000 (or more) and not deal with the ups and downs of natural test production. I have no interest in fathering children and having to deal with a miniature version of myself anyway ha. But yeah, try a different doctor. They'll likely recheck your levels to be sure the original lab results weren't just a fluke then possibly move forward with treatment. If I were you I'd opt for Test injections over trans-dermal but that's just my opinion.

#3 DutchLegion

DutchLegion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

I have about the same. I had 11,4. I now am self prescribing myself. I turned 20 this summer. And i wil blast and cruise for life since i want to go pro, so this is just a Nice coincidence

#4 CMANavy

CMANavy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:48 AM

Go to an HRT clinic, get some good Quality Test-C.

#5 sinewave3

sinewave3

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

I would say first step is a 2nd opinion. An endo can help find the cause or prescribe pharma grade test, but that is not your ONLY option at this point.

Have you ever done any cycles before? Do you eat enough fat, fish oil, and vitamin D? What are your stress levels like? Thee are a lot of factors at play. The body is a complex, crazy system...

Sinewave3's Road To Recovery log: http://www.prohormon...ad-to-recovery/

#6 scuncknuts

scuncknuts

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

maybe you should run some pregnil and/or daa so your balls don't shrink for life

#7 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

Well i went to 2 other doctors after the initial one and they all said the same thing, 'your levels are in the range so your fine'. The thing is i even told them i suffer from despression from time to time and my erections arnt as hard as before and they still didnt care! Im just finishing up on my first cycle, i ran Halodrol for 5 weeks and low dose DMZ last 3 weeks and i havent had any sort of depression since ive been on cycle, coincidence maybe? And yes i do eat plenty of fat, at least 70grams a day and take 5 grams fish oils but my stress was pretty bad at the time of the blood test cos i was it was approaching final exams for university. Im keen to see how my levels recover after PCT and see if my total test is higher than it was before.

#8 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well i went to 2 other doctors after the initial one and they all said the same thing, 'your levels are in the range so your fine'. The thing is i even told them i suffer from despression from time to time and my erections arnt as hard as before and they still didnt care! Im just finishing up on my first cycle, i ran Halodrol for 5 weeks and low dose DMZ last 3 weeks and i havent had any sort of depression since ive been on cycle, coincidence maybe? And yes i do eat plenty of fat, at least 70grams a day and take 5 grams fish oils but my stress was pretty bad at the time of the blood test cos i was it was approaching final exams for university. Im keen to see how my levels recover after PCT and see if my total test is higher than it was before.

First off I would have done TRT and then a cycle if I were you. 2nd general practitioners are ignorant as fuck. It's literally LIFE THRETENING to have such low test levels (there's evidence for increased risk of cardiovascular events, etc). Your best bet is an urologist/endocrinologist or a HRT clinic.
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#9 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

First off I would have done TRT and then a cycle if I were you. 2nd general practitioners are ignorant as fuck. It's literally LIFE THRETENING to have such low test levels (there's evidence for increased risk of cardiovascular events, etc). Your best bet is an urologist/endocrinologist or a HRT clinic.

Thanks mate I really appreciate your opinion. Definitely after a month after pct I'll have another test to see where I'm at and if I'm still low like pre cycle I'll ask to get a refferal to a endo or visit a trt clinic. I just get scared by the thought of trt at 21 for the rest of my life.

#10 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

Hang on am I'm reading this right? You have just ran a PH cycle of halo and dmz and had blood work done? You still in pct cycle?
  • benoes likes this

#11 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

Hang on am I'm reading this right? You have just ran a PH cycle of halo and dmz and had blood work done? You still in pct cycle?

Yep that's the situation, and currently on day 1 pct. Since all the doctors said my test was normal I decided to go through with the cycle. I had blood work pre, during cycle and gonna have some more done 6 weeks post pct.

#12 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:48 AM

Yep that's the situation, and currently on day 1 pct. Since all the doctors said my test was normal I decided to go through with the cycle. I had blood work pre, during cycle and gonna have some more done 6 weeks post pct.

It's great you are getting blood work done champ, truly.

So your pre blood work before cycle came in at 288 ng/dl? Or was this during cycle? And if not what was your level on cycle?

#13 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

It's great you are getting blood work done champ, truly.
So your pre blood work before cycle came in at 288 ng/dl? Or was this during cycle? And if not what was your level on cycle?

Yeah my total test was at 288 and that was 2 weeks pre cycle, and I had another test last week, which was beginning of week 5 of the cycle. Last weeks came in at 17ng/DL. So I'm virtually shutdown I'm guessing.

#14 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:00 AM

What did your doc say about the last results at 17? Eyebrows must have raised and/or ?

#15 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:18 AM

What did your doc say about the last results at 17? Eyebrows must have raised and/or ?

Yeah he knows I'm on 'testosterone boosting supplements' but the illegal kind (Australia). When he saw the results he asked specifically what am I on so I told him halodrol and dymethazine and he said it's not doing anything for me cos my levels are low. Am I missing something, isn't my natural test SUPPOSE to be low on cycle? That's proof that its working, if a gain of 6kg in 5 weeks isnt enough proof! So I dont think he knows what he's talking about so I might need to find a new doc

#16 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:39 AM

Yes on cycle your test drops. That's why it's always best to run a low dose test cycle in conjunction. Or next time run trest, stano, other test base compounds to help with sides.

Wait 6 weeks for your blood work and then see where your levels are at. If they come in low again, get doc to check other signs like thyroid etc. Your still very young and need to be sure you don't have other problem attributing to low test.

Now if all clear after that, and test still low and doc won't help, you might want to go down the track of self administrating test. But research this more because of your age. Try natural ways to increase test like heavy lifting, shit load of sex lol, diet, lifestyle etc. It's bloody young to start test for rest of life, but if it helps the negative sides of life your experiencing, maybe and I say maybe it's the way to go.

I guess what I am saying to you is, try everything else first that's all. I am advocate for guys with low test to go onto trt. But bloody hard in this country of ours. My last test came in at 404ng/dl. Have been feeling the usual symptoms for nearly two years now of low test. Now I'm 46 and this level is low but within range. So now self administrating test e 200mg ew for the last 4 weeks and I tell you, I'm a farkin new man. Libido, sex drive, energy and training recovery is like I'm your age again lol. It's still early for me on other things like muscle growth, leaness etc but I will see and manage accordingly.

Peace
  • hewhoisripped likes this

#17 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:03 AM

Yes on cycle your test drops. That's why it's always best to run a low dose test cycle in conjunction. Or next time run trest, stano, other test base compounds to help with sides.
Wait 6 weeks for your blood work and then see where your levels are at. If they come in low again, get doc to check other signs like thyroid etc. Your still very young and need to be sure you don't have other problem attributing to low test.
Now if all clear after that, and test still low and doc won't help, you might want to go down the track of self administrating test. But research this more because of your age. Try natural ways to increase test like heavy lifting, shit load of sex lol, diet, lifestyle etc. It's bloody young to start test for rest of life, but if it helps the negative sides of life your experiencing, maybe and I say maybe it's the way to go.
I guess what I am saying to you is, try everything else first that's all. I am advocate for guys with low test to go onto trt. But bloody hard in this country of ours. My last test came in at 404ng/dl. Have been feeling the usual symptoms for nearly two years now of low test. Now I'm 46 and this level is low but within range. So now self administrating test e 200mg ew for the last 4 weeks and I tell you, I'm a farkin new man. Libido, sex drive, energy and training recovery is like I'm your age again lol. It's still early for me on other things like muscle growth, leaness etc but I will see and manage accordingly.
Peace

Wow thanks man I appreciate the advice! Btw I was on dermacrine to act as a test base, are my low levels meaning the dermacrine didn't help much? I didn't have any sides, libido fine, sleep fine, no bouts of depression the whole cycle. It was pretty good experience, when I went to 100mg on the halo I had headaches so I stuck at 75.

#18 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

Yep if you had no sides and felt good them the dermacrine worked. But test bases like this assist in keeping the side effects of low test positive. Your test level will still drop.

Pinning test obviously puts more test in your system above your normal test levels. For example and this is general rule of thumb on another post just done, let's say you pin 200mg test ew, your levels should reach 4-5 times that, 800-1000ng/dl. But everyone is different to some degree more or less. Men on average produce approx 50-70mg test every week. Once start pinning your natural production will cease and the weekly amount your pinning will take over.

Headaches from taking PHs is generally a BP spike. You were wise to reduce back to your original dosage. You must listen to your body when taking PH/DS/AAS. It's important for safety and health IMO.

Research trest TD/IM too. There's good info on here with guys using this as trt for these issues. But trest is a heavy aromatise compound so precautions are needed even at low dosages for some.

#19 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Word of advice: wait a good 8 weeks before getting MEANINGFUL bloodwork after PCT. If you get bloodwork 4 weeks after, your test may still be elevated from the SERM, and you're doc will dismiss your case but then a few weeks later your test will be low again...

Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#20 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:40 AM

Yep if you had no sides and felt good them the dermacrine worked. But test bases like this assist in keeping the side effects of low test positive. Your test level will still drop.

Pinning test obviously puts more test in your system above your normal test levels. For example and this is general rule of thumb on another post just done, let's say you pin 200mg test ew, your levels should reach 4-5 times that, 800-1000ng/dl. But everyone is different to some degree more or less. Men on average produce approx 50-70mg test every week. Once start pinning your natural production will cease and the weekly amount your pinning will take over.

Headaches from taking PHs is generally a BP spike. You were wise to reduce back to your original dosage. You must listen to your body when taking PH/DS/AAS. It's important for safety and health IMO.

Research trest TD/IM too. There's good info on here with guys using this as trt for these issues. But trest is a heavy aromatise compound so precautions are needed even at low dosages for some.

Yeah i was looking into oral Trest, apparently the new big thing for test bases on ph cycles! i will give it a try definately next time if i ever return to ph's! btw trest IM, what is it? i assume Trest TD means transdermal?

#21 benoes

benoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

Word of advice: wait a good 8 weeks before getting MEANINGFUL bloodwork after PCT. If you get bloodwork 4 weeks after, your test may still be elevated from the SERM, and you're doc will dismiss your case but then a few weeks later your test will be low again...

Thats a great point about the elevated test from the SERM, ill definately wait till 6-8 weeks after pct to get my next blood test done!
btw i just realised your a Antaeus Labs rep, thats cool man, im interested in your vasodilator product Thunderbolt as i know ill miss the insane pumps from the cycle and wanna try and get close to it with a product like that! haha. Are the pumps insane on Thunderbolt? And the achillies product, having had a ACL recon and my knee never feeling the same, always inflammed and aching, also constant tendonitis is my shoulder and elbow, that joint product looks very interesting! Youve got a great interesting line there, no other company like yours!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloodwork, low test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users