• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

How often is that we see a truly new product in the supplement industry?  Most are simply rehashes of supplements we have all seen before. KetoCaNa is a truly new and innovative product. Born out of Ketogenic  research Keto CaNa is unlike anything else on the market. KetoCaNa is ketones. The fuel your body uses and prefers when you go into a ketogenic state.  Now you do not have to be in a Ketogenic state to benenfit from the power of ketones. KetoCaNa is a readily available source of this amazing fuel.

Ketone bodies (ketones) are energy sources that are produced and burned under special metabolic conditions such as starvation and high fat (ketogenic diets).  Ketones are a super fuel that can be efficiently used by the muscles and the brain, where they generate more energy (ATP) per unit of oxygen consumed than do carbohydrates, protein, or fat.  

KetoCaNa is similar to our Ketoforce product in that it contains the endogenous ketone body beta-hydroxybutrate (BHB). It differs in that it is a powdered product not a liquid and is therefore more portable.  It uses sodium and calcium BHB salts instead of Ketoforce‚Äôs sodium and potassium salts.

KetoCaNa contains 11.7 grams of the ketone body Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB) per serving in a delicious orange flavored base.  It contains no artificial sweeteners, flavorings or colors. Consumption of KetoCaNa before exercise can result in significant decreases in oxygen demand and increases in performance.  KetoCaNa may also heighten mental acuity and performance.

KetoCaNa is excellent for ketogenic dieters who need energy but must limit carbohydrate intake.  KetoCaNa may also be used by individuals who consume carbohydrates to provide an additional energy source and limit exercise induced glycogen depletion. It may also be used to ease the transition into a ketogenic state. It may help alleviate the fatigue and lethargy some experience while making the transistion from a glucose to a ketone metabolism. 

Now Available on Prototype Nutrition 

E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Follow me on Twitter @epharmrep

#2 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Please Make this a sticky. Let the questions commence! 

#3 BrianP0523

BrianP0523

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

Could this provide some pre or intra-workout benefits for someone who is not on a keto diet or any type of carb-loading or carb-depleted protocol?

#4 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

Could this provide some pre or intra-workout benefits for someone who is not on a keto diet or any type of carb-loading or carb-depleted protocol?

Yes anecdotal evidence indicates that exogenous ketone supplementation may increase perfomance by those that are not keto adapted. My personal experience would indicate it as well. Even when carb loaded my leg day performance seems to be augmented when using the product  

#5 BrianP0523

BrianP0523

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Nice, thanks Truth.

#6 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

Nice, thanks Truth.

No problem. Also for those of you that have used Ketoforce in the past. this has all the benefits and none of the drawbacks. No GI upset and it actually tastes good. That and it is powdered. No refrigeration required and it is a lot more portable

#7 Biggame

Biggame

• Members
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

Now we just need that TAA powder to combine the two for a nice preworkout/intra.

#8 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

Ahh the never ending saga of the TAA I love that stuff but it has become the proverbial thorn in the side 

#9 Biggame

Biggame

• Members
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Ahh the never ending saga of the TAA I love that stuff but it has become the proverbial thorn in the side

Ugh. Well in the meantime, I guess Pump Spray will do. Thinking this powder mixed with BCAA's would be ideal for intra workout.

#10 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

It sounds like a great product to use when you wake and exercise first thing in the morning before eating, with some bcaa ( interesting )

• Patrick Arnold likes this

#11 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

It sounds like a great product to use when you wake and exercise first thing in the morning before eating, with some bcaa ( interesting )

That's how I use it. Its recommended to take 30 min pre workout. Within five minutes or so I am already feeling a nice mental boost. Then very nice streaming stimulant free energy throughout my workout. 

#12 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

How does this affect caloric balance? Basically 'does it have calories'? Or is it 'burned instead of carbs'?
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#13 DoneWithPCT

DoneWithPCT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

Woah!! Can't wait to try. Ketoforce is amazing but it is bar none the worst tasting and smelling thing I've ever had. This may be the perfect product if it tastes good!!!!

#14 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:23 AM

Woah!! Can't wait to try. Ketoforce is amazing but it is bar none the worst tasting and smelling thing I've ever had. This may be the perfect product if it tastes good!!!!

This review sounds generally positive about the taste: http://www.runketo.c...re-ketones.html

330tqur.jpg

#15 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

How does this affect caloric balance? Basically 'does it have calories'? Or is it 'burned instead of carbs'?

Your body uses it for fuel but as far as I understand cannot store it. Its either uses it or excretes it. I cannot say one way or another whether its burned instead of or in conjunction with carbs. Patrick will have to weigh in on that. 

#16 BrianP0523

BrianP0523

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:41 AM

i am guessing it is has zero calories

#17 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

It has 68 calories

beta-hydroxybutyrate has 5.8 calories per gram

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#18 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

Your body uses it for fuel but as far as I understand cannot store it. Its either uses it or excretes it. I cannot say one way or another whether its burned instead of or in conjunction with carbs. Patrick will have to weigh in on that. 

pretty much you either use them or you pee them out

but there may be fine details here

#19 BrianP0523

BrianP0523

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

it seems i was off by 68 calories

#20 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

Wouldn't it be used as fuel INSTEAD of p/c/f? That would mean you 'burned' less fat or carbs.
Antaeus Labs Rep

#21 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

Wouldn't it be used as fuel INSTEAD of p/c/f? That would mean you 'burned' less fat or carbs.

Of course it would compete but not necessarily supercede these as energy substrates

Of course you cant have it all.   If you want maximum fat and carb burning then hey train while fasting, but your performance will suck.   If you want max aerobic performance then use ketocana with our without carbs

#22 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

The difference I see and feel vs the 68 calories I've added to the situation in my experience is a worthwhile trade off. I am able to do a lot more volume when using Ketocana. In my experience I do not get winded nearly as quickly. 68 calories worth of Carbs(17 grams) does not give me a noticeable boost in performance at all, 

#23 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

The difference I see and feel vs the 68 calories I've added to the situation in my experience is a worthwhile trade off. I am able to do a lot more volume when using Ketocana. In my experience I do not get winded nearly as quickly. 68 calories worth of Carbs(17 grams) does not give me a noticeable boost in performance at all, 

You can get more ATP (energy) per unit oxygen consumed (breathed) from those 68 calories of bhb then from 68 calories of carbs, fat, or protein

Thats why you are less winded

#24 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for clarifying.
Antaeus Labs Rep

#25 Oper8

Oper8

Il Cuore

• Members
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

Na++++++++++++++++++

"You have to ask a doctor or google"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)