• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#51 Oper8

Oper8

Il Cuore

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

One last point, This is not a "General public" type of thread. Not too many non athletic types are going to be on Pro Hormone's forum ? No?

I've practiced medicine (in that field) for a decade so I'll skip the links. I had no interest in this debate, the sodium content caught me off guard and I simply pointed it out as I personally hadn't seen it discussed (I may have missed it). And, admittedly, I often argue just for the sake of arguing. Maybe I was wrong to assume that most prohormone forum members would be conscientious of their sodium intake. As I've medically managed CHF patients daily for years, I believe I've earned the right to make the "catastrophic" comment. As you pointed out the 2gm na daily restriction, wouldn't 2 servings put one well over their daily limit without eating any other food? And last I checked cardiomyopathy is a recognized risk of steroid abuse.
"You have to ask a doctor or google"

#52 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

I didn't mean to step on your toes. Being in that field for a decade you are more apt to be super conscious of sodium levels. Most of us do not look at life in a worst case scenario mode. Sorry if you feel that I left something out. It was not intentional and as I said I was just making a food comparison.  To give folks an idea in laymen's terms what they were looking at. We all know fast food is high in sodium and that is why I did my comparison thusly. Most folks have heard the too much sodium spiel and I didn't see the need to beat that drum.

For someone that didn't want to debate you are awfully scrappy. lol :) 

E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

Follow me on Twitter @epharmrep

#53 Oper8

Oper8

Il Cuore

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

You didn't step on my toes, I'm just overly argumentative and desperate to spark some intelligent discussions on this board. I'll concede and give it a rest.
  • hewhoisripped likes this
"You have to ask a doctor or google"

#54 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

You didn't step on my toes, I'm just overly argumentative and desperate to spark some intelligent discussions on this board. I'll concede and give it a rest.

Yes the boards are dead and some healthy discussions are needed 

#55 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

KetoCaNa is in stock and selling fast. Get it while its here. 

#56 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

There's a little on BHB in general and KetoCaNa in particular in this article: Total Flex Blog: Butyrates

330tqur.jpg

#57 neuron

neuron

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

There's a little on BHB in general and KetoCaNa in particular in this article: Total Flex Blog: Butyrates

U left phenibut off the list ;)

Btw this stuff is too rich for my blood

#58 henryv

henryv

Mr. Picky Pants

• Super Moderators
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

Yeah, I guess that did deserve a mention.

Thanks for reading.

330tqur.jpg

#59 Biggame

Biggame

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:11 AM

And I think the prices are going up in January.

#60 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

Its the same as  Ketoforce and a lot harder to produce.  I use it as to most for my hardest workout of the week, the bottle lasts me a couple of months that way. I sometimes take a half a dose for a brain boost. It seems to open the eyes and give a wakeful feeling with no stim jitters 

#61 JayB603

JayB603

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

OK, this is a VERY long overdue post/review of this new KetoCaNa product...  First of all, to put it simply - much like KetoForce, this product is amazing!  It's equally as powerful as KF, but with drastic new improvements.

Biggest improvements are by far the taste and the convenience.  The taste of Ketocana is great - maybe a little sweet, but so easy to drink when just mixed with water.  And having it in powder form allows for an individual serving to be carried easily.

Now, onto the good stuff - performance.  It's hard to measure exactly, but I do feel that I perform slightly better with Ketocana than with KetoForce.  With the holidays, buying my first house, expecting our first baby soon, and running a business, to say my training has taken a back seat is an understatement.  As such, anytime I do go train, I typically feel pretty out of shape and get smashed, either by the weights or by my training partners.

My main athletic focus is brazilian jiu-jitsu, and I compliment that with kettlebell work, heavy weights, and the occasional obstacle course race, like the Tough Mudder.  Jiu-jitsu, more than any other sport I've trained, will absolutely remind you how consistent you're training has been lately, every time you step on the mats.  "Mat cardio" is a real thing, and without consistent training, mat cardio disappears fast, and smashings gets worse, quick.

I've put Ketocana through a few real good tests over the past couple months, and it has never failed to amaze me.  On nights when I've felt super unmotivated and known that I was in for a rough night, I've taken a dose of Ketocana and it has never failed to turn my night around.  One night in particular I was in what we call a shark tank - I was the smallest, lowest rank athlete there, and we trained extra hard that night.  We rolled for 10 to 12 minute rounds, with no rest between rounds.  Although my timing and instincts weren't as sharp as usual due to the lack of mat time, my conditioning was able to keep me alive and actually give me an edge later into each round as my training partners got tired.  It was more than clear to me that Ketocana was responsible for the "unlimited" cardio I was feeling.  To be sure, I'd train without Ketocana the next session and was served a big dose of conditioning reality.

Much like KetoForce - I feel the value in Ketocana is less in what you "feel" while on it, and more about what you DON'T feel.  My muscles and my lungs simply do not get tired nearly as fast when Ketocana is taken prior to training.  Also, one of the most amazing aspects I've found is the drastic improvement in recovery time - of course this stuff can't provide actual unlimited energy, but when muscles/lungs do get tired, it takes MUCH less time to recover and have the ability to exert maximal effort again.  This is such a huge benefit in many sports, especially jiu-jitsu when an opponent is trying to rip your arm off or choke you out - these things become a lot harder to defend when your muscles and lungs are burning.

I apologize for the long post, but I really can't say enough good stuff about Ketocana.  I definitely recommend giving it a try.  I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the results!

• nicoacademia likes this

#62 HannibalBarcas

HannibalBarcas

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

Anyone use this stuff with cancer patients and can offer som NON-LEGALLLY BINDING advice on dosing, etc?

My GF has breast cancer and I've gotten hold of Keto CaNA...a bit lost on the dosing. Right now she's doing half a scoop, 2x per day...so 1 scoop total.

#63 NowYourDeadSon

NowYourDeadSon

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

any thoughts on how to best incorporate this into a carb backloading diet?

it seems, in theory, like it would be great, as the goal is to keep utilizing fat as fuel during the day and through your workouts.. how would this differ from straight MCT oil or coconut oil?

I'm about to jump into the carb backload prep phase on tues, this is now very relevant to my interests

#64 benjiprice

benjiprice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

Just to revisit the sodium question: 

Would it be accurate that if one has high blood pressure issues and is potentially sodium sensitive (not sure), Ketoforce would be a better option given the matching amount of potassium? 

Course, one could just take potassium through other means, but I'm thinking of the two products as standalone. 

#65 cubs1987

cubs1987

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

any idea when this will be back in stock?

#66 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

Forgive my ignorance but why not ditch the sodium and just sell beta hydroxybutyrate powder?

I am intrigued by this product as im a low carb guy. Unfortunately I'm also salt-sensitive.

I am sure the Na and Ca are needed for transport ??? But could beta hydroxybutyrate be perhaps used in larger amounts to offset a lack of Na?

Thanks

#67 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

I am not versed enough in the chemistry, but I would speculate that that beta hydroxybutyrate is either unstable on its own or has some other factor that makes the sodium a necessity. 

#68 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

any idea when this will be back in stock?

Keep checking its in and out. Hopefully by next week. We've been in and out of stock twice in the last week. It literally sells out within an hour after putting it up. We are ramping up production.

#69 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

I helped make a partial batch. Its in stock now but not for long 

#70 gav86

gav86

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

What's the go with the small batches?

#71 truthornothin

truthornothin

• Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

This stuff is difficult to make and its an arduous process

#72 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Forgive my ignorance but why not ditch the sodium and just sell beta hydroxybutyrate powder?

I am intrigued by this product as im a low carb guy. Unfortunately I'm also salt-sensitive.

I am sure the Na and Ca are needed for transport ??? But could beta hydroxybutyrate be perhaps used in larger amounts to offset a lack of Na?

Thanks

beta-hydroxybutyric acid is a liquid and a very strong acid.  It is not suitable for consumption in the amounts necessary as a supplement

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#73 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Ahhh. Thank you

#74 HannibalBarcas

HannibalBarcas

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:51 AM

My girl needs this stuff for her breast cancer as part of a keto diet. When's it back in stock?

#75 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,910 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

My girl needs this stuff for her breast cancer as part of a keto diet. When's it back in stock?

why do you continue to mention the use of this product for disease after I have told you a thousand times not to?

If you continue to do this we may have to purposely not sell to you to protect ourselves legally

thankyou

• kyinchampaign likes this

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users