New Year, New Iceman

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#26 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

Arm is feeling much better today. Still a little nagging stiffness, but not painful anymore. Likely will not hit arms today as was planned. Might just move forward to legs or chest, or a combo of both today. Maybe legs with a little chest to test out the arm a touch.

Despite lack of gym time lately, I'm feeling more energized and definitely more energized about trying to get to the gym. Now I just need to see if I can get myself more restful sleep and start getting up earlier again.

• milkhouse likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#27 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

Hit some legs today. Did hit 3 sets of bench w zero issues in the forearm. It's looking up lol.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#28 CurlsRock

CurlsRock

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

Good news man... Don't get to excited and rush into things lol...no set backs.

#29 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Got in some back and shoulders today. Nothing super heavy and not a ton of volume. Somewhere around 30 total reps for each group. No real pain in my elbow today at all.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#30 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

Hit some very light Bis and some tris today. The forearm threatened to flare up on me a little but never really did. I took it really light tho.

Tried a tru-fit elbow sleeve/brace that I had from before but took it off. The stitching is in the elbow bend and it was driving me crazy. anyone know of an elbow sleeve that's seamless or more comfortable to use?

Think I'm going to get a set of cheap straps for a bit. Those should help remove the stress a bit as well.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#31 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Arm feels no worse for the wear today. Definitely a good sign. Going to continue to slowly work up my volume and poundages to make sure that I do no further damage. Need to step up for more cardio too. Have been getting 15 min of low to medium intensity (high incline, slower speed) on treadmill after each workout, but want to get in more.

I have no idea where I'm going to find the time at the moment, but I'll guess figure out where to get it lol.

• TripleOvertime likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#32 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

Hooray for shipment tracking! Today/Tomorrow will be good days lol. My lifting shoes and a new gym bag get here today. Thank you discount code at Eastbay for getting the shoes, bag, and shipping for $1 less than normal price of shoes. Then tomorrow I got some new socks coming and a nice big fat order of protein lol. I know, I know, excited over socks lol. But I'll be damned if the Puma socks I ordered aren't the most comfortable socks I've ever had.

Legs tonight with a few sets of chest I think. Arm is feeling good for sure.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#33 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Got home and was stoked to open up my package containing my romaleos. I got bright flashy yellow lol. Normally not a loud guy but gives me motivation to make sure my lifts back up the ego of the shoes. Plus the wife liked them too lol.

So I tried em out for leg day tonight. Man does it feel like u are glued to the floor on squats. Got back up to 260x5 for 4 sets. And they felt pretty easy w no strain anywhere at all. Used them to hit single leg press too. Def felt more focus in my hammies tonight. I expect that the extra work for my hammies will help my deads too.
  • TripleOvertime likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#34 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

Nice man! Doing great, nice score on the romaleos.
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#35 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

Took yesterday off since it was supposed to be bis/tris and trying to give my forearm a decent break. Off today since I'll be solo with the little one...and the gym doesn't offer fri evening daycare. Back to the gym Sat some time when I can fit it in with basketball game (7 yr old) and swim lessons (toddler) lol. 

In other news, my 7 yr old who has a trach and considered disabled is now being given reduced hours for nursing leaving us without nursing care in the afternoons. This means my wife has to continue to drive home to pick him up and go back to work with him. Or we have to find a daycare facility that will take him...with money we don't have. So pissed...govt labels him disabled but the department of disability screws him. 

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#36 CurlsRock

CurlsRock

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

Damn man, sorry to hear that... our government is a flat out joke at times... good luck, hope it all works out.

#37 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Damn man, sorry to hear that... our government is a flat out joke at times... good luck, hope it all works out.

It is what it is man. We will end up figuring something out.

Today was back and shoulders. Did primarily my deads for back. Was surprised I got 270 up easy today.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#38 SimonBoyle

SimonBoyle

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Hit some very light Bis and some tris today. The forearm threatened to flare up on me a little but never really did. I took it really light tho.

Tried a tru-fit elbow sleeve/brace that I had from before but took it off. The stitching is in the elbow bend and it was driving me crazy. anyone know of an elbow sleeve that's seamless or more comfortable to use?

Think I'm going to get a set of cheap straps for a bit. Those should help remove the stress a bit as well.

mate, just leave the isolation work alone, think long term. You're just aggravating it.

#39 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

mate, just leave the isolation work alone, think long term. You're just aggravating it.

Really have been doing that lately. What I was really trying to do was more like a therapy style to try and strengthen bit like you said it wasn't helping just aggravating it.
  • milkhouse likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#40 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Anyone done Westside before?

I'm thinking about switching over to a Westside template to build strength. I think it will help continue to generate some focus for me as it will be a new program for me and hopefully will help me put up some new goals. I can use the off time from lift days to do more cardio.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#41 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Have not done it
I love you man!

#42 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

Have started trying to mimic a Westside program. I liked the lower body portion on Tuesday. It was great. My only issues was the two douchebags hogging the squat rack having bullshit time in the middle of their workout. I ended up squating smith which was ok. My squat is definitely down, but still managed to get up over 300 without issues. Even gave a nice pause in the hole. Really working now to strengthen my hammies as I'm positive that this is my weak point for both squat and deads.

Currently making slow but steady progress I think. Unfortunately, I have a lot of bad to undo. Have been placing some thought about starting test sometime in the near future. Biggest fear right now is more about having needles in the house with a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old and no really good hiding places in my tiny ass house lol.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#43 CurlsRock

CurlsRock

• Members
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

Buy a small safe... Menard's has them for $60.

#44 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

Buy a small safe... Menard's has them for $60.

I need to find something small enough to hide from the wife too lol. Amazon used to sell a little shaving cream can safe (looked like the thing from Jurassic Park lol) that I was thinking about previously. Something to keep some pre-loaded needles in then keep the rest of my supplies out of sight. Might just have to bite the bullet and get the wife on board finally

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#45 PZTHATER

PZTHATER

• Members
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

I have done a version of westside before. Worked very, very well for my squat. I think it didn't work well for my bench and deadlift because I didn't understand the principles and put them in to practice correctly. I also read all the information as if I was a geared lifter lol. I didn't even have a belt at the time. Figuring out your weakness' is the biggest part of the westside method though.

PURUS LABS REP

#46 PZTHATER

PZTHATER

• Members
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

What is the wives opinion on gear?

PURUS LABS REP

#47 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

I have done a version of westside before. Worked very, very well for my squat. I think it didn't work well for my bench and deadlift because I didn't understand the principles and put them in to practice correctly. I also read all the information as if I was a geared lifter lol. I didn't even have a belt at the time. Figuring out your weakness' is the biggest part of the westside method though.

Yeah. I spent some time reading and trying to understand much of it. It wasn't 100% clear, but I was sort of able to cobble together a program out of it. I agree that weakness identification definitely seems to be the key. That's part of what I'm working to assess right now too. I like the theory behind it and it seems flexible enough.

What is the wives opinion on gear?

Honestly, not sure anymore. I would like to get her support behind it, but at the end of the day, she has her own bad health habits that I don't bother her about so she really can't yell at me for it being unhealthy, etc. The way I see is it should actually be more of a benefit for my health than anything as I plan to keep use moderate. 

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#48 PZTHATER

PZTHATER

• Members
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

I wouldn't hide it bro.

• iceman99uc likes this

PURUS LABS REP

#49 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

I wouldn't hide it bro.

I'm not planning to. Not worth the backlash over shit. If I decide I want to, I'll have a discussion with her and we'll decide together one way or the other. Plus financially, I don't want to be hiding money/purchases from her either given our situation. That said, I want to be able to discuss knowledgeably with her so I'm going to do some more research for sure. The reading kind...no lab experiments yet lol.

• PZTHATER likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#50 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

Had a couple of good workouts this weekend despite all of the stuff we had going on. Had to attend a funeral with my wife for her great-grandmother. The lady was 97 years old and was one hell of a woman. Managed to get a workout in the morning prior to that, then we went to the visitation/funeral. Followed that up with going out with my wife's siblings and step-dad for his 50th birthday party. Then today was crazy since we were in NW Ohio where they got rocked by a snow storm. We left around 10 am and they had around 3 inches. They are over 9 now and heading for a foot. So glad driving wasn't bad. Got my workout in this afternoon once we unloaded. Now watching the She-hawks hopefully beat the cheatin Pats....I quietly was rooting for the scene from the Dark Knight Rises. Where's Bane when you need him....

Anyway...likely Westside so far. I love the variety from power workouts twice a week and then having dynamic work twice a week with bands. Great to keep you guessing. Hope I get the results as well.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users