- - - - -

New Year, New Iceman

272 replies to this topic

#1 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Alright, starting a new log. My other one seems to have gotten stale with me as I stopped updating and it had stopped driving my focus. Anyone who knows me from here knows that 2014 was quite a trial for me in my personal life. Well now it's a new year. Time for a new me again and to move forward towards some goals. I will post some workout updates from time to time I'm sure, most likely to get more frequent as I ramp back up from a lengthy time off.

Also, I will be posting some of my 30 day efforts for Animis in here as well. First one, part of my goal to gain more knowledge, I stumbled across an article about Grape Seed Extract being an aromatase inhibitor. It was being studied as part of cancer research. Here's the link:

http://cancerres.aac...1/5960.abstract

Here's to a great 2015 for everyone. Enjoy!

• milkhouse, TripleOvertime and Looseunitwa like this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#2 seek2bhappy

seek2bhappy

Montana's Finest

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

gl man

previously handle: andrewjx

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

"And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?
Is anything worth more than your soul?" -Matthew 16:26

#3 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

You know I'm in my man. Get some
I love you man!

#4 SimonBoyle

SimonBoyle

• Members
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

In for the win.

#5 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Iceman returns. Was a fan of your last log, will surely follow this one.
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#6 PZTHATER

PZTHATER

• Members
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

in dat icey vagina

PURUS LABS REP

#7 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

So have been off of the gym the last couple days due to family obligations but have been eating much better. Spent a day off from work yesterday because my 7 year old had school cancelled for "cold" weather....so I spent the day with both my boys. Built some more legos with my 7 year old as he is trying to build the Star Destroyer set we bought at Christmas by himself this time. Legos were a favorite of my childhood so I'm happy to bond with him over that. I read a novel for myself yesterday as well and read some books with my 2 year old. I also watched Cars 2 with my 2 year old as that is his current favorite movie. 

Today will be back in the gym. Still trying to find a split. Have been having serious DOMS since I took so much time off. Trying to ease myself back into it, but it's hard not to want to push it. I think I'm going to try some Shoulders tonight and figure out my split today as well.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#8 Domenic

Domenic

Chub Life

• Reps
  • 6,663 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

This phaggot again?  God.

Celtic Labs Rep

#9 Domenic

Domenic

Chub Life

• Reps
  • 6,663 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

loljk luv u bb. 

In dis bish.

Celtic Labs Rep

#10 PZTHATER

PZTHATER

• Members
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

a wild dome appears with no celtic goodies??? phaggggg

• milkhouse likes this

PURUS LABS REP

#11 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

This phaggot again?  God.

a wild dome appears with no celtic goodies??? phaggggg

A wild Dom disappears and comes back calling others phaggots...the nerve! 

Welcome back bish. 

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#12 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

This phaggot again? God.

A stray pussy cat appears from no where

Edit;
pzt and ice beat me to it
I love you man!

#13 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

So not much to report from this weekend. No lifting Fri/Sat. Saturday was a busy day. Had basketball game for my 7 yr old and the 2 yr old had his first ever swim lesson. My mom also came down to visit the boys. It was a pretty busy day. My 7 yr old and I finally finished the Star Destroyer and he was excited and is proudly displaying it in his room now.

My mom offered to buy me a belated Christmas gift. She said everyone else got some sort of workout equipment except me...so I'm thinking maybe some lifting shoes. Anyone got any recommendations? Something relatively inexpensive, but not cheap if you know what I mean.

Sunday hit some arms and a little cardio. Not sure if I will get to the gym or not today due to basketball practice for my son. I might end up going later, but we'll see how it all works out.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#14 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

No gym last night. Had to take my 2 year old to the clinic. He has pink eye. Gym tonight, though not sure what I can do. Tendinitis has flared up horribly in my left elbow/forearm. Trying to ice it today since I'm already at home. I thought I should have been ok going forward since I had a few months off and have been easing back in, but guess not. Definitely will hit up some cardio tonight at the least. 

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#15 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

No gym last night. Had to take my 2 year old to the clinic. He has pink eye. Gym tonight, though not sure what I can do. Tendinitis has flared up horribly in my left elbow/forearm. Trying to ice it today since I'm already at home. I thought I should have been ok going forward since I had a few months off and have been easing back in, but guess not. Definitely will hit up some cardio tonight at the least.

Yikes! Stay healthy man
I love you man!

#16 CurlsRock

CurlsRock

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

I had surgery on my elbow because my tendon was so Fucked up...Its getting better now, but still far from where it was. I dont think it will ever be the same

#17 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

I had surgery on my elbow because my tendon was so Fucked up...Its getting better now, but still far from where it was. I dont think it will ever be the same

I'm beginning to think this may be down the road for me. It has never seemed to get better. It had never been painful outside of dull pain during lifting until now though. I'm leery of another surgery (had arthroscopic on my right shoulder) only because I hate the down time. Going to try and start supplementing to help it and really dial back my weight even further as much as that sucks.

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#18 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

Arm is a little better today. Ended up taking yesterday off since I was having trouble straightening my arm. Didn't want to take chances. Will be off again today as it is the wife's 30th birthday. Nothing big planned for today as of yet since it's a Wed. Think I'm going to take her to lunch on Sunday (her fav restaurant is a long drive from our house) instead of dinner tonight. 

Found out last night that my finances are getting pinched yet again. My student loan payment is on income based repayment but it is still projected at $400 instead of the $63 it was last year. Have to hope that my wife's payment is reduced by enough to at least compensate slightly or the money I thought we could start putting towards savings will end up getting flushed into loans. Plus I still have to argue with Navient/Sallie Mae about how to pay for my private loans too. If not for my daycare costs for my littlest, I would be much better off. Also, hoping to refi my house in order to lower my rate slightly and my mortgage insurance premium since FHA % are lowering at the end of this month.

Hoping to do something fun with my boys this weekend but not sure what to do yet.

• milkhouse likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#19 CurlsRock

CurlsRock

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Yea i hear ya...Even with surgery nothing guaranteed....Its only been 7 months for me, but to be honest i'm still a long ways away from being where i was...Good luck with your elbow tho man...Achilles has help me some.

#20 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

Make sure you give the wife some bday sexy time
  • iceman99uc likes this
I love you man!

#21 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

Yea i hear ya...Even with surgery nothing guaranteed....Its only been 7 months for me, but to be honest i'm still a long ways away from being where i was...Good luck with your elbow tho man...Achilles has help me some.

Took me well over a year with my shoulder. At the time I was doing 200+ bench for reps and after surgery, I couldn't even hardly do 95. I did a little research on what to supplement with to help tendinitis. One website I saw for University of Maryland Medical Center suggested Vitamin A, C, E plus calcium, magnesium. I had some E & C already and the others are fairly cheap so I'm going to try that for a bit. Plus should pick up some fish oil again (I hate fish burps or I would take it more often).

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#22 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Make sure you give the wife some bday sexy time

Of course! Unless she gets mad at me and doesn't wanna give it up lol.

• milkhouse likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#23 CurlsRock

CurlsRock

• Members
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

Forgot to mention fish oil. I take that to...yea you might as well try new things....I bought a Nike elbow sleeve from eBay for $ 15 shipped...that helps a lot.. Keeps my elbow nice and tight..deff worth the money
  • milkhouse and iceman99uc like this

#24 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

Forgot to mention fish oil. I take that to...yea you might as well try new things....I bought a Nike elbow sleeve from eBay for $ 15 shipped...that helps a lot.. Keeps my elbow nice and tight..deff worth the money

I have two sleeves. Have to find them. One I think was too big and stretched out but the other should still be good. If I can find it...lol

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

#25 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

New Split 

Mon - Cardio (AM), Off (PM)

Tues - Chest (AM), Legs (PM)

Wed - Shoulders (AM), Back (PM)

Thurs - Bis (AM), Tris (PM)

Fri - Legs (AM), Chest (PM)

Sat - Back/Shoulders

Sun - Bis/Tris

Built this split on a theory that I can get up early to train regularly in the AM. If not, I made sure all groups are covered by PM sessions. This should also help me vary from time to time in intensity and keep me from overworking myself. Also planning to take a lower weight, higher volume approach to help keep some stress off of my body.

• milkhouse likes this

Animis Representative

www.animis.org/forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users