3 replies to this topic

#1 Stokr89

Stokr89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:57 AM

Hello everyone, 

I am a student here in the UK and have been here since september '14. I am planning my next cycle but I've been advised that I will probably need to get bloodwork after I'm done, just to check that everything's back to normal (I will be probably trying some combinations in pct, with the risk of staying shutdown).

Now, can anyone tell me how it works here? in my home country I could just go to the gp and ask for bloodworks without giving any justification, and he'd get me the prescription, which would make me pay only 35% of the total cost. 

But I've heard that here is much more expensive and gps won't prescribe it unless it's something serious.

#2 gypo

gypo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:54 AM

UK has the NHS so if you ever legitimately need bloodwork done due to illness then it's free

but if you just go to a gp and say you want bloodwork they're not just gonna do it, they're gonna ask questions, and unless you have a legitimate (legitimate to them) reason to ask then you'll just be labelled a hypochondriac.. basically you don't decide when bloodwork is needed, the doc does.

much easier to do private tests but much more expensive, so a lot of people in UK don't ever get bloodwork done

#3 Stokr89

Stokr89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

so if I want to get bloodworks through NHS should I just be open and honest about PH use? or is kind of a taboo here in the UK as well?

#4 kapote

kapote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

You have to go private. NHS means the patient doesn't have a say, ever. If you mention PH use, any ailment you ever seek medical help for will be brushed off by the doctors as being caused of steroid abuse, for the rest of your life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users