Does Benadryl Acts The Same As Ketotifen

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

What is an accepted/standard dosage to clean the beta 2 receptors?  25mg of Benadryl a day?

#2 Wilko

Wilko

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

Equally curious. I've heard this a great deal but never encountered anyone who actually used it.

Fuck ulcerative colitis. I didn't need that blood anyway.

#3 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

There are several Pubmed studies addressing this.

#4 SimonBoyle

SimonBoyle

Head Rep

• Super Moderators
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

links?

• mcmike1993 likes this

#5 mr.cooper69

mr.cooper69

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

The data on benadryl and even ketotifen is really shaky. The studies are all done on bronchial smooth muscle cells, which are co-localized with mast cells and all the histaminergic phenomena that arise from them. There isn't really good reason to believe that antihistamines will have the same effect on the b2 receptor in skeletal muscle, but anecdote at least seems to support that they do

#6 SLR722

SLR722

I'll PCT tomorrow

• Members
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationThe trencave

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:41 AM

From studies I've seen no. Keto up regs b2 while benadryl does nothing for them.

#7 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

From exp I'd say ketotifen upregulates them. Don't know about benadryl

#8 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

From exp I'd say ketotifen upregulates them. Don't know about benadryl

How can you tell?  Do you still get sides from Clen 3-4weeks when using keto?

#9 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

Bro science says pyramid up 1 week with clen, then pyramid down 2nd week, then run ketotifen for 2 weeks the same way without clen, rinse then repeat

#10 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

I have been doing it wrong then.  No pyramid on clen for me, but I am trying to use Keto ever day with the clen.  Why would you save it and not run the keto with the clen?

#11 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

I have been doing it wrong then. No pyramid on clen for me, but I am trying to use Keto ever day with the clen. Why would you save it and not run the keto with the clen?

It's been awhile but IIRC, I ran straight doses of clen. Did 5 days on and 2 off. Continued 6 wks and was still getting sides and benefits. I'd say effects dropped a bit.

I ran keto ed.

#12 srootone

srootone

EpstaneMan

• Members
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

I run clen 1 week on 1 week off then 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Let's you sneak an extra week of clen in that first month.

I don't trust ketof sources nor benadryl. I'm a simple guy so I stick to what I know will work for sure.

Don't forget the only person standing in your way is YOU.....

Previous Cycles:
-SD bridge Katanadrol 2.0-

-epi solo-
45/45/45
http://www.anabolicm...d-epistane.html

-stano/mecha/epi stack-
Stano 1,050/1,050/1,050/0/0
Mecha 0/125/150/150/150
Epi 30/45/60/75/75
http://www.prohormon...hred-stack-log/

#13 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

I actually really started to like ketotifen as a sleep aid. Don't really have much else to add about efficacy in this application. I've been debating whether or not its neccesary though, so its somewhat positive to hear people say they don't always use it with clen.. 

#14 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

Never heard it used as such.

In for info .....

#15 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

I used both keto and benadryl and saw nothing. Now keep in mind what I was using to judge thir effectivness was increases clen sides.

#16 srootone

srootone

EpstaneMan

• Members
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:39 PM

I used both keto and benadryl and saw nothing. Now keep in mind what I was using to judge thir effectivness was increases clen sides.

I fucked this chick with a Life Styles condom rather then a Trojan condom and got aids.

Keep in mind it may not be the lifestyles brand......as I have had un-protected anal sex both giving and receiving, chances are I likely had aids already.

But you should probably not buy life styles condoms anyway.   

-just sayn-

-__-      

Just busting your balls bro.....but on the real "thats black talk for 'for real' "    not only do I do quotes within quotes, I found your post very redundant. 

• Looseunitwa likes this

Don't forget the only person standing in your way is YOU.....

Previous Cycles:
-SD bridge Katanadrol 2.0-

-epi solo-
45/45/45
http://www.anabolicm...d-epistane.html

-stano/mecha/epi stack-
Stano 1,050/1,050/1,050/0/0
Mecha 0/125/150/150/150
Epi 30/45/60/75/75
http://www.prohormon...hred-stack-log/

#17 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

I run clen starting at 20-40mcg and tapering up to 200mcg making sure the sides stay very minimal or non existent while I taper up. Run 100mg benadryl a night. It usually takes me like 4 weeks to get to 200mcg. I feel like as long as you slowly titrate up, and you don't get sides, your heart isn't beating like crazy, it's probably not as dangerous as most think. When it's dangerous is when people pop too much no tolerance and get the heart rate sides.
http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#18 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

100mg of benadryl every night? 

The more I research this some have suggested 1-2mg of keto daily  every 3 weeks for a week at a time to clean out receptors.

thoughts???

#19 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:13 AM

The more I research this some have suggested 1-2mg of keto daily every 3 weeks for a week at a time to clean out receptors.

thoughts???

only reason I don't use the keto is hunger
http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#20 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

Holy cow.

I took 100 mg of Benadryl one time - and that was after I had a little run in with a bee hive and was stung by about 120 bees (several years ago).  I started with 25 mg, then 25 more, then 25 more and finally the last 25.  I took it all within about an hour.  Apparently, there was so much histamine or bee poison in my body, that the Benadryl had no impact.  In fact, rather than going to sleep (and usually 25 mg wipes me out), I was able to finish mt income taxes.

I went to the MD the next day.  She was furious that I did not go to the ER. I've been her patient for probably 25 years, and I've never seen her so pissed off.

I can't imagine taking 100 mg and it not knocking you out.

Holy cow. 

• anab0lix and Yellowsnow like this

#21 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

I can't imagine taking 100 mg and it not knocking you out.

Holy cow. 

I guess it is not just me................I was wondering the same thing, which is why I asked.

#22 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

only reason I don't use the keto is hunger

Most of the time I never realized this but if I took keto and lingered before bed, I definitely had some epic snack attacks from time to time.

#23 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

I guess it is not just me................I was wondering the same thing, which is why I asked.

:/ really not that crazy.

#24 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

Beau: here is an interesting nugget for you on these H1 antagonists' (Benedryl, etc) ability to cause excitability (vs somnolence).

I looked into this years ago as I would take generic diphenhydramine (Benedryl) for the purpose of sedation and it would instead, make me wired.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/18227744/

I switched to the old/former active in NyQuil and Unisom (Doxylamine Succinate...easy procured on Amazon.com) not the new active they use (that contain diphenhydramine just like Benedryl) and while I can't take more than 1 tablet (25mg) if the Doxylamine or it also inhibits me from sleeping, it does work just fine (at or <25mg) and facilities sleep for me well. Some times at just a half-tab.

#25 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

Beau: here is an interesting nugget for you on these H1 antagonists' (Benedryl, etc) ability to cause excitability (vs somnolence).

I looked into this years ago as I would take generic diphenhydramine (Benedryl) for the purpose of sedation and it would instead, make me wired.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/18227744/

I switched to the old/former active in NyQuil and Unisom (Doxylamine Succinate...easy procured on Amazon.com) not the new active they use (that contain diphenhydramine just like Benedryl) and while I can't take more than 1 tablet (25mg) if the Doxylamine or it also inhibits me from sleeping, it does work just fine (at or <25mg) and facilities sleep for me well. Some times at just a half-tab.

Wow - that is interesting.

Now that I think about it, my middle son would have a wired reaction to codeine, rather than it making him tired.

Thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users