• 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hey, so...

My biceps suck horns.

"Bro, just do heavy back work and they'll get huge."

- I already do, bro. Ain't cuttin' it.

"Bro, heavy barbell curls."

- I have like a jacked up bone or something in my forearm, heavy barbell curls hurt like a biznatch. Same with EZ bar curls.

"Bro, do some squats"

- I WILL cut you.

So, yeah. I've been doing sets of concentration curls, cable rope curls, some hammers, misc. stuff like that for the last month or so, and I actually NOTICE that my biceps are getting sore. Never get sore biceps from back work or BB curls. Been doing some sets on back day, and then halfway through the week hitting them again kinda lightly.

Given my inherent disabilities, what would y'all do to grow some juicy ass panty wetters? Keep on the concentrations and ropers? Any other ideas or things I could switch in and out? 

• Divine likes this
Meat for the Beast

#2 getbiggg16

getbiggg16

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

try squeezing your biceps for 1-2 seconds on top of each rep during any curl motion.

don't lockout - keep time under tension

try heavy curls (i actually see benefits from doing some cheat curls mid workout)

do high rep shit .... low weight

also, on back days do t-bar rows (raw dog it)... if you just grab the bar (no hooks or handles on the bar) your forearms/biceps will be pumping. not sure why you say you can't get your biceps sore on a back day... throw 6 plates on a t-bar row, go until failure and tell me your bis aint sore the next day.

• Chris Benoit, Wilko and Divine like this

#3 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

Close grip (neutral grip) weighted pull ups.

If your biceps don't grow from doing those, there's no hope for you my friend! 

Also, I second heavy barbell bicep curls! It's okay to cheat a little! We do it with our wives and/ or girlfriends anyways! 

:)

• sinewave3, D-575, Chris Benoit and 3 others like this

#4 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Flex in the mirror as much/often as you can.....
Heard that'll bring on the GAINZ. Lol

The way I get mine to grow and shape up is I hit those fuckers daily or as often as I can and as many ways as I can too. I never go real heavy but go as heavy as I can for no less than 10 reps.
So pretty much work them until you think you've done enough then do some more work so you know you've done enough.
  • Chris Benoit and Majora23 like this

#5 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

try squeezing your biceps for 1-2 seconds on top of each rep during any curl motion.

try heavy curls (i actually see benefits from doing some cheat curls mid workout)

also, on back days do t-bar rows (raw dog it)... if you just grab the bar (no hooks or handles on the bar) your forearms/biceps will be pumping. not sure why you say you can't get your biceps sore on a back day... throw 6 plates on a t-bar row, go until failure and tell me your bis aint sore the next day.

But... Brah. I don't think I can t-bar 6 plates :'(

I haven't t-bar rowed for awhile, but there were days where I'd to bent rows, t-bars, chest supported rows, cable rows, and like 7 sets of pulldowns and my biceps didn't feel like they got hit at all. Lol

I've never tried the t-bars just grabbing the bar, always used some kinda handle / grip attachment. I'll give it a shot without.
Meat for the Beast

#6 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Close grip (neutral grip) weighted pull ups.

If your biceps don't grow from doing those, there's no hope for you my friend!

Also, I second heavy barbell bicep curls! It's okay to cheat a little! We do it with our wives and/ or girlfriends anyways!

:)

Can't do heavy barbell rows... My right forearm feels like it's gonna break.

I used to hit close grip chins a bit, and I recall actually noticing some growth. I should start trying to do those again. Last time I did 'em I was like 190, maybe 200. Now I'm almost 250. Ehhhhh
  • Divine likes this
Meat for the Beast

#7 frank thomas

frank thomas

• Reps
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

On dumbbell curls, try putting your hands as far as one side as you can. Do a few sets with your hands on the outside and then repeat with your hands on the inside of the dumbbell.

• Chris Benoit likes this

#8 Muscle-Addict83

Muscle-Addict83

Celtic Labs Rep

• Reps
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

TUT, cadence, and end of set intensifiers have really been helping mine recently. I can rep 6 plates on t-bar rows and my bis are never sore. Hell, I'm underhand bent-over rowing 365 for 10 and my bis are never sore. I truly think that if your bis are sore from a back day you're not focusing on your back enough during the movement. With that said, my arm days are isolation exercises. Even though they aren't sore you get plenty of bicep activation from rows and pulls and plenty of tricep activation from presses. But if you really want to hit these muscles you need to do exercises that really hit them and do them in a manner that fries them. I'm also a big believer in if an exercise hurts, don't do it. Find a similar one that doesn't. Some of the things that have really been getting mine lately are 3-6s negatives on each rep, 1-2s peak contractions, drop sets, and end of set partial reps in the stretched position. Sometimes my last set will contain all four. Trust me, they will be sore and begging for mercy after that. I've been following John Meadows routines for Mark Dugdale lately and they've been pretty killer!

• Chris Benoit, Scope75 and Testis Pilot 0.4.2o.0 like this

#9 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

TUT, cadence, and end of set intensifiers have really been helping mine recently. I can rep 6 plates on t-bar rows and my bis are never sore. Hell, I'm underhand bent-over rowing 365 for 10 and my bis are never sore. I truly think that if your bis are sore from a back day you're not focusing on your back enough during the movement. With that said, my arm days are isolation exercises. Even though they aren't sore you get plenty of bicep activation from rows and pulls and plenty of tricep activation from presses. But if you really want to hit these muscles you need to do exercises that really hit them and do them in a manner that fries them. I'm also a big believer in if an exercise hurts, don't do it. Find a similar one that doesn't. Some of the things that have really been getting mine lately are 3-6s negatives on each rep, 1-2s peak contractions, drop sets, and end of set partial reps in the stretched position. Sometimes my last set will contain all four. Trust me, they will be sore and begging for mercy after that. I've been following John Meadows routines for Mark Dugdale lately and they've been pretty killer!

I agree on the back day sore biceps thing. When I first started doing major back exercises, I noticed that the burn in my biceps had me ending my sets. I started like closing my eyes and concentrating on having my back do all the work and it made a huge change. Now back work, with the exception of like close / neutral grip pulldowns or something don't really hit my bis that much.
Meat for the Beast

#10 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

I like the advice I've gotten from a lot of you. I'm gonna give pretty much all of it a shot, including negatives and the hold and squeeze during peak contraction for a few seconds.

I'm thinking Thursday will be the next day I hit biceps.
Meat for the Beast

#11 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

21's. As many sets as you can handle. Shape/size/density will be had. Don't have to go all that heavy with them either. Use a sensible weight and squeeze like hell. Your arms will be murdered.
  • milkhouse, Chris Benoit, frank thomas and 1 other like this
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#12 Coltzy

Coltzy

starting PCT tomorrow

• Members
  • 8,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

ay.

This

THE MOST HARDCORE BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS ON THE MARKET, PERIOD!
IRONMAGLABS BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

IronMagLabs.com

#13 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

Okay... I'm gonna measure my arms tonight, and I'm gonna measure 'em next week after I utilize advice listed here.

If I don't pack on at least 1/2 an inch in 7 days, you're all fired.

• Majora23 and Divine like this
Meat for the Beast

#14 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

There's always synthol bro.

Jk. Lots of good advice. Try this: do your normal back workout, and immediately after do your bicep workout. Mostly isolation & high rep
  • Chris Benoit and Divine like this
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#15 ANTabolic

ANTabolic

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

I agree with Triple about the 21's. I like those at the end of a workout every so often and they are usually what I need to get over that tipping point of soreness the next day.

I also like Spider curls and incline curls. Spiders I go heavy on the weight and incline I go for a lighter mass rep series. Tell me how those work for you.

Last thing, especially if youre on cycle, just look at Rich Piana's 8 hour arm workout.... for the lulz but if thats what it takes to give your arms some shock again....

#16 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

Lighter and heaps volume! Heaps I say!

Also IMO, if you do the usual back/bicep and chest/tri days, switch to back/tris and chest/bis. This way your hitting the biceps more often as well. Ive been doing this for a few months now, and making a good difference for me.

#17 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

There's always synthol bro.

Jk. Lots of good advice. Try this: do your normal back workout, and immediately after do your bicep workout. Mostly isolation & high rep

That's what I've been doing lately... Makes 'em sore, so that's a good sign.
Meat for the Beast

#18 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:13 PM

I agree with Triple about the 21's. I like those at the end of a workout every so often and they are usually what I need to get over that tipping point of soreness the next day.

I also like Spider curls and incline curls. Spiders I go heavy on the weight and incline I go for a lighter mass rep series. Tell me how those work for you.

Last thing, especially if youre on cycle, just look at Rich Piana's 8 hour arm workout.... for the lulz but if thats what it takes to give your arms some shock again....

My arms are already bigger than Piana's, tho, so... Eh
Meat for the Beast

#19 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

I do all dumbbell work for my bis... I like to separate left and right as much as possible.

I for one don't think you should ever cheat on bis, I don't feel you get much outta it other than other muscles and momentum doing the work.

I've been doing tut(5 up, 5 down, no pause at top or bottom) curls using dumbbells, hammer on the contraction and then negative in the supinate(standard) position, then the next set opposite, supinate contraction, hammer negative. This targets both heads at once and your brachial and destroys your bis.... doesn't take a ton of weight either given the TUT.

In the past I've liked over head cable curls using opposing top mounted cables n pulling it to my ears, at the end of a workout, these aren't super hard but target the shorter head well n give a nice pump.

I usually combine my bis with back, starting with bis burning them out good so my arms are useless meat hooks n allows my back muscle to take over easier... they still get hit a little. I then wrap up after all my pulling exercises with a few last db sets of curls left and right iso, seated, inside my leg.

Good luck brah.
  • Chris Benoit and Majora23 like this
Luuurkin...

#20 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Incline curls stretch the fascia

#21 JohnMcc

JohnMcc

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

Drop set after drop set after drop set after drop set..... You get the idea. That's what it took for my triceps to start seriously growing, after my workout I would do cable Tricep push downs with the rope and start heavy and just keep dropping it until I got to only 20lbs and could no longer do any correctly. Food for thought, good luck in finding what works for u bro.
  • frank thomas likes this
DevastatingDave "Lets all be big boys here for a little bit and cycle like we mean it."

Nostrum420 "... as for the money unless you're a pro BBer or fitness model steroids were always kind of a waste...but hey everyone needs a hobby..."

Rich Piana "...supplement stands for, it's the second best thing to the best thing."

#22 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

I'd say stop being a pussy and squat brah
I love you man!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users