insulin humulin r novolin r carbs protein anabolic bulking cutting

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 teamasylum86

teamasylum86

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

Who's done insulin and what were your results like? I just got some novolin r and plan to use it post workout. My protocol looks like this:

Right before I take the slin I'll down my carb shake. I'll do 8g of carbs per iu. I'm going to start with 3ius. My carbs will come from prosupps karbolic. With that I'll throw in 10g creatine, 5-10g glutamine, bcaas from extend (separate drink) then 15 min after that I'll take my 50g of whey protein shake from MTS nutrition. I'll sip on more extend throughout the whole time the slin is active. 1.5 hours after the protein shake I'll consume my first whole food meal. Lean protein, medium carbs. These carbs will be slow digesting. I'll have another protein shake with some carbs from oatmeal later. I'll snack on quaker oats brown sugar cereal bites. And I'll have glucose tabs on me at all times. As well as rice cakes. 

Any advise as to what to add? 

Also what do you all think about taking it preworkout? I'd buy Now foods dextrose for that. 

#2 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

Remember it still takes r sometime to work (I thought it was 30-60 min).  It also can peak again 3-4 hours later.

If you take insulin it would be very smart to take it with HGH, I would also take it pre workout.

#3 somedude17

somedude17

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

I've used it, I do prefer to take it pre-workout as Yellowsnow said, because it gave me better pumps. The food plan you have looks good! Only thing I would suggest, if you don't have one already, is a Blood Glucose Meter. Costs like $10 at wally world (get the Relion brand). This way if you start to feel funny, you can check to see if it's just coincidence/placebo, or if you're actually starting to go hypo and need some sugar. I did gain some nice size and strength using it, can't remember the exact numbers though because it was almost a year ago

• teamasylum86 likes this

#4 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:54 AM

Ive used it up to probably 15iu or so.

I only used it preworkout...its been a while but I will list what I remember from the protocol I used.

I would also shoot it IM to speed the acting time and clearance time...Ive actually used it IV once or twice but its very dangerous and I dont reccomend it ever. Hits very very fast.

0min-Pin xIU

45min- protein shake w/ carbs

60-75min- start workout, sip on carbs only as needed if feeling hypo

2.5 hours- shake

3-3.5hr- post workout meal or another shake

clearance time for an IM shot *should* be around 4 hours but may be a little longer. I would try and pin a muscle I was working to get blood in faster to shorten the half life since I didnt have humalog.

Shakes consisted of 50g whey I believe and carbs...cant remember my carb intake. I think around 6-7g per iu was where I landed once playing with it.

After my first intake of carbs I would really only sip on more as needed or if I felt hypo.

All that said, I would NOT reccomend using slin unless you are running growth because its a boarderline waste IMO and you are going to put on fat with it.

#5 shadowsyl2012

shadowsyl2012

• Members
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:24 AM

^^swim would you say the lower comparison comparing peptides to hgh makes it not worth running peps alongside the slin if that is all one has available at the time? Better than nothing? Still a waste?

#6 Harley009

Harley009

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:27 AM

Ran slin 4 days a week with 4iu hgh,peps, 700mg tren ace, 350mg trest ace, and 350mg test ace. Put on a ton of size, ton of fat to unfortunately. Was up 40lbs in 8 weeks, 210 to 250.

Started at 5iu pre and worked my way up to 10iu pre and 10iu post. Made mistake of starting at 10 pre and was just to much at first. Listen to your body and play with dose as you adapt.

I pinned peps then hgh 30 minutes later then humalog 30 minutes after that.
15 minutes later drank 50g karbolyn, 20g carnivor, 10g glutamine, 5g creatine, 5g Lucien, 5g beta alanine, 30g glycerin grow.
Post work out 60g isopure, 72g raw oats, 1 cup egg white shake.
30 minutes later 1/2lb ground turkey 180g white rice
60 minutes later 300g chicken breast 180g Brown rice
Next 7 meals were just meat and veggie. Carbs used exclusively in insulin window, around 600g if I recall correctly.

Plan on experimenting more but not until after summer. Love what it added but going for the smaller look this year. Slin blew me up and made me look like a fucking wall.
  • shadowsyl2012 and Muscle-Addict83 like this

#7 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

^^swim would you say the lower comparison comparing peptides to hgh makes it not worth running peps alongside the slin if that is all one has available at the time? Better than nothing? Still a waste?

Personally I wouldn't run slin again without growth. But if it's all you have then yes I definitely think you would benefit and I would definitely use them.

To the last post^ holy fuck that is a shit ton of fucking food for that amount of slin. That's why you out on so much fat. Carbs really shouldn't have been over 80g for the whole active window IMO

#8 rotinaj

rotinaj

Intuitive cycler/dieter.

• Members
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:53 AM

Here's an idea for bulking..
Use slin for intermittent fasting. the 4 hour half life is the start of your feeding window with 2 hours post for a total of 6 hour feeeding window/18hr fast.
Doing that with proper macros would negate fat gain and increase benefits of the diet.

Essentially thats what IF does.. it restores insulin sensistivity..

Tempted.... but naaaah.

Competitor, Personal Sauce Chef, Coach.-"Bro" Food supporter, IIFYM enemy.
I do not advocate AAS to anyone.
Natural is healthier.
Without AAS? You are alive.
Without your health? You will die.

#9 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

^that would be interesting but at the same time I think it probably defeats the purpose if slin a little bit...idk maybe not.

IF with hgh throughout the fasting period I think would be pretty sick though

#10 teamasylum86

teamasylum86

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

Wouldn't just AAS use be enough for slin instead of HGH?

#11 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

Depends on your objective.  Will you get big yes, will you gain a lot of fat, yes.  The HGH/insulin protocol is to help you get big and not get fat.

AAS, insulin, HGH.................winner winner chicken dinner!!!

#12 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

As stated above, not if you don't want to get fat.

Even AAS doesn't have enough nutrient partitioning ability to keep you lean with slin.

#13 teamasylum86

teamasylum86

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

Interesting! What about t3 with it? I don't have the cash for HGH lol. I've been using slin now 2x a week on my high carb days when I refeed and its leaning me the hell out! I'm more full and vascular! I'm doing IF though. Maybe the 2000% increase in HGH levels help with that? 

#14 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

Interesting! What about t3 with it? I don't have the cash for HGH lol. I've been using slin now 2x a week on my high carbays when I refeed and its leaning me the hell out! I'm more full and vascular! I'm doing IF though. Maybe the 2000% increase in HGH levels help with that? 

Yea I would use T3 with it and the slin isnt leaning you out, its the caloric deficit that is. Where did you get a 2000% increase in hgh levels? Because I guarantee you that the only way you could get that is by using at least 10iu of growth a day

• Yellowsnow likes this

#15 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Yea I would use T3 with it and the slin isnt leaning you out, its the caloric deficit that is. Where did you get a 2000% increase in hgh levels? Because I guarantee you that the only way you could get that is by using at least 10iu of growth a day

Agreed.

In for the cool thread .....

PS: Slin & T3 seems like a novel idea. I ran a Google search and others seemed to have tired this and liked it.

#16 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

Agreed.

In for the cool thread .....

PS: Slin & T3 seems like a novel idea. I ran a Google search and others seemed to have tired this and liked it.

Slin helps with partitioning, T3 helps with processing. They definitely go hand in hand. That said, T3 alone (with gear) wont keep you lean.

Using slin in a caloric deficit isn't something I have done a lot of but I think it would be very interesting and very beneficial

#17 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:13 PM

Using slin in a caloric deficit isn't something I have done a lot of but I think it would be very interesting and very beneficial

On paper - totally agree - sounds potentially wicked

#18 teamasylum86

teamasylum86

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:24 PM

Starting tomorrow i am doing this. 2-5 ius of novolin r post workout. Fasting before i workout. I will drink my post workout shake right after my session then go back and take the slin. and eat normally throughout the day hitting my cals. 

#19 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:22 PM

T3+Slin?

You ..... MUST.....provide feedback :)

#20 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

T3+Slin?

You ..... MUST.....provide feedback :)

I am curious on the pumps.  T3 kills your pump and insulin pumps are insane; I am wondering which one will win.

#21 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

Interesting! What about t3 with it? I don't have the cash for HGH lol. I've been using slin now 2x a week on my high carb days when I refeed and its leaning me the hell out! I'm more full and vascular! I'm doing IF though. Maybe the 2000% increase in HGH levels help with that?

Good hgh isn't that expensive if you know where to look or just get lucky

T3 would work I believe but then it becomes an even bigger game of trying to find the right amount of calories to grow

Edit;
OP, Google Mike arnold insulin protocol
I love you man!

#22 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

I am curious on the pumps. T3 kills your pump and insulin pumps are insane; I am wondering which one will win.

Lol "I wonder at which one will win" :P

#23 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

Good hgh isn't that expensive if you know where to look or just get lucky

T3 would work I believe but then it becomes an even bigger game of trying to find the right amount of calories to grow

Edit;
OP, Google Mike arnold insulin protocol

http://www.muscleche...ike-arnold.html
  • milkhouse likes this

#24 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

http://projectbodybu.../ped-episode-2/

Also hear him talk about insulin and t3 among other things on this show
I love you man!

#25 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

http://projectbodybu.../ped-episode-2/

Also hear him talk about insulin and t3 among other things on this show

Can you give us lazy folks the crib notes? :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insulin, humulin r, novolin r, carbs, protein, anabolic, bulking, cutting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users