bloods test abnormal results

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

I recently had bloods drawn as I do 3 to 4 times per year. This time though I've got some concerns as some numbers that have never come back abnormal suddenly are. So I need you guys to play doctor and tell me wtf is going on. Mmmkay pumpkin. So here are the abnormal numbers. I'll put my number next to the thing tested and the range in the next line down

Albumin -3.5
range of - 3.7 - 5.2

ALT 79
21 - 72

BUN 24
7-19

RBC 5.62
4.15 - 5.55

Sodium 135
136 - 145

Potassium 6.9
3.5 - 5.1

Platelets 498
175 - 450

MCV 80
82 - 91

MCH 26.7
27 - 34

What worries me is the last 3. I've never had those be out of range before. Or sodium for that matter.
I love you man!

#2 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Have you ever considered blood donation?

#3 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

Have you ever considered blood donation?

Hct was only 48 which is pretty low for me. I get blood let or give blood every 8 weeks so that's not the issue
I love you man!

#4 mr.cooper69

mr.cooper69

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

Ok, you need to go to a doctor as as soon as possible (seriously). A potassium as high as yours can cause a fatal cardiac arrythmia at any minute if this isn't where you stand when off cycle (it probably isn't). It looks like you also may have a VERY MILD iron deficiency masked by T use. But the number one damn near emergency is your potassium.

P.S. If you go to the doc with a potassium that high, they will probably send you to the ER and keep you overnight.

• milkhouse likes this

#5 mr.cooper69

mr.cooper69

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

Just to be clear how serious this is, a well-respected medical reference (the resource most doctors use) says:

"The most serious manifestations of hyperkalemia are muscle weakness or paralysis, cardiac conduction abnormalities, and cardiac arrhythmias. These manifestations usually occur when the serum potassium concentration is ≥7.0 meq/L with chronic hyperkalemia or possibly at lower levels with an acute rise in serum potassium. Patients with skeletal muscle or cardiac manifestations typically have one or more of the characteristic ECG abnormalities associated with hyperkalemia."

And just to be more clear, if I were you, even if I didn't have symptoms, I'd be heading to the ER right now. Chances are you may not have symptoms until you're in cardiac arrest.

#6 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Ok, you need to go to a doctor as as soon as possible (seriously). A potassium as high as yours can cause a fatal cardiac arrythmia at any minute if this isn't where you stand when off cycle (it probably isn't). It looks like you also may have a VERY MILD iron deficiency masked by T use. But the number one damn near emergency is your potassium.

P.S. If you go to the doc with a potassium that high, they will probably send you to the ER and keep you overnight.

yes. Been to the ER for this reason several times before. Always the same thing. Heart looks good so they hydrate, retake potassium level and when it gets below 6 they send me home.
For some reason my body hangs on to potassium. The worst it ever was, was 7.1 and that was only while I was on trt dose. With ask the bloodwork they do they've never been able to tell me why I hold on to potassium. "Normal" for me is 5.0-5.5 which is still above what they should be
I love you man!

#7 LMiller

LMiller

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

If it were me, I'd go to ER.

If you decide not to:

You look dehydrated. Potassium is high for ? reasons.

Rehydrate with water and salt. Eat more protein for ^ Albumin.

• milkhouse likes this

#8 srootone

srootone

EpstaneMan

• Members
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

So what's the update milk house

How u holding up? Hope all is well.
  • milkhouse likes this

Don't forget the only person standing in your way is YOU.....

Previous Cycles:
-SD bridge Katanadrol 2.0-

-epi solo-
45/45/45
http://www.anabolicm...d-epistane.html

-stano/mecha/epi stack-
Stano 1,050/1,050/1,050/0/0
Mecha 0/125/150/150/150
Epi 30/45/60/75/75
http://www.prohormon...hred-stack-log/

#9 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

All good for now. Been back to the doctor since and they re drew potassium and it shows 5.3 which is still high but is normal for me. Doctor days come back in a couple months. On the other side he told me I should back off on my "supplement" dosing total test came back at over 5000 and free test was 2800. Had a really low tsh as well but I also am using t3
I love you man!

#10 srootone

srootone

EpstaneMan

• Members
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

Lol. Ask him if he even lifts. Haha

Good to hear they went down a bit. Hope it continues to improve.

Now go do some pushups or something! :P
  • milkhouse likes this

Don't forget the only person standing in your way is YOU.....

Previous Cycles:
-SD bridge Katanadrol 2.0-

-epi solo-
45/45/45
http://www.anabolicm...d-epistane.html

-stano/mecha/epi stack-
Stano 1,050/1,050/1,050/0/0
Mecha 0/125/150/150/150
Epi 30/45/60/75/75
http://www.prohormon...hred-stack-log/

#11 milkhouse

milkhouse