hair growth protein

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

I just came across this new article on some interesting findings regarding hair regrowth: http://food.ndtv.com...e-growth-753885

The study focused on (believe it or not) how plucking hairs out can actually trigger hair regrowth--more hair, and possibly in a wider area than was plucked.

Obviously this isn't going to work well for folks with no or too few hairs to pluck in the first place. And I can't imagine how tough it would be psychologically for someone to start pulling out their remaining hair anyway.

However (and this is where my question to Pat comes in), the study also pointed out this:

Tests showed that the plucked follicles signal distress by releasing inflammatory proteins, which cause immune cells to rush to the site. In turn, these send out signals to all neighbouring follicles indicating that it is time to grow more hair.

So Pat (or anyone else), given what you know about topical delivery systems and skin pentration of various molecules, etc, can you envision a topical delivery system that would work to deliver those same "inflammatory proteins" into the skin for the purposes of inducing the same response as actually plucking the hair? I'm assuming those proteins can be identified and produced in the lab too, of course.

• Happy234, Mocellim and HannibalBarcas like this

"its fucking lasik surgery for christ sake. relax. its not like you are getting a triple bypass" :facepalm:
--P.A.

"Domesticated badgers? Really? As pets?"

--Walter Bishop

#2 seabiscuit hogg

seabiscuit hogg

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

Guess I should stop plucking nose and facial hair. This mightbe why it's so crazy. lol
  • SpiderJerusalem likes this

#3 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

I guess no reply means "no"...?

I haz a sad

"its fucking lasik surgery for christ sake. relax. its not like you are getting a triple bypass" :facepalm:
--P.A.

--Walter Bishop

#4 Happy234

Happy234

• Members
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

its a good question, looks like youve done the research for Patrick, all he has to do is bring it to market and see if any guys start growing there hair back

#5 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

I just came across this new article on some interesting findings regarding hair regrowth: http://food.ndtv.com...e-growth-753885

The study focused on (believe it or not) how plucking hairs out can actually trigger hair regrowth--more hair, and possibly in a wider area than was plucked.

Obviously this isn't going to work well for folks with no or too few hairs to pluck in the first place. And I can't imagine how tough it would be psychologically for someone to start pulling out their remaining hair anyway.

However (and this is where my question to Pat comes in), the study also pointed out this:

Tests showed that the plucked follicles signal distress by releasing inflammatory proteins, which cause immune cells to rush to the site. In turn, these send out signals to all neighbouring follicles indicating that it is time to grow more hair.

So Pat (or anyone else), given what you know about topical delivery systems and skin pentration of various molecules, etc, can you envision a topical delivery system that would work to deliver those same "inflammatory proteins" into the skin for the purposes of inducing the same response as actually plucking the hair? I'm assuming those proteins can be identified and produced in the lab too, of course.

proteins arent going to absorb well topically.   But maybe if the proteins can be identified than small molecule mimics or secretagogues can be developed

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#6 Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

• Knowledgable User
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

I should have never started plucking my ass hairs

Visit My Blog www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Become a Member of E-Pharm Facebook Page www.facebook.com/epharmnutrition

#7 SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Thanks Pat! I was thinking too maybe there's a way to trigger those same inflammatory proteins in the skin without plucking, but I can't really imagine what triggers might work.

And no comment about the other thing, lol

--P.A.

--Walter Bishop

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, growth, protein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users