Fuking Piece Of Shit Manager

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

So in June I told my manager I was having my gallbladder taken out. I told him this was going to be done on July 9th. I made this clear twice. Well today we did a crew change (we change crews every three months to stay current on all the things we do) and when one of the foreman mentioned I'd be on light duty for a month, my manager claimed he knew nothing about the surgery. This guy had tired to have me fired in the past btw. So now what the fuck do I do? Cancel the surgery? I tired to call him to straighten this out but if course he didn't answer his phone and he's gone for the day. The surgery is supposed to be tomorrow.
I love you man!

#2 saywat2587

saywat2587

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

Do it. Does anybody else know that you were having this surgery? HR? Other workers. Did you tell them you told the manager? Next time I would submit in writing and have a copy for record esp if you think the manager is trrying to fuck you.

• milkhouse likes this

#3 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

Can you afford to wait a month? Submit it in writing again, don't let him know it's a big deal (don't give him the satisfaction) and make sure you bring someone with you when you talk to him, just so you have a witness.
  • milkhouse likes this
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#4 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Get it done and get a doctors note to cover your hynee. I don't think they can argue with a signed doctors note.

• milkhouse, TripleOvertime and Looseunitwa like this

#5 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Obviously, this foreman knew....did you tell foreman directly or did the manager inform him?

Did you inform HR or anyone else beforehand man? Any way you could establish a trail of prior knowledge with other people would be helpful.

I know that your situation is truly shitty, but if possible to postpone, then maybe it's worth it so that you can get everything in writing and force him to acknowledge it ahead of time. 

Damn, man. I feel for you a lot brother.

• milkhouse likes this

#6 Doctor Steuss

Doctor Steuss

• Super Moderators
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

If it's a larger company/corporation, get the surgery.  You have given notice.  If they fire you while you are on medical leave, they will have to demonstrate that they were going to fire you anyway before you took it.  If it's a mom-and-pop type joint, they sometimes don't give a rat's ass about worker's rights, and the FMLA... in which case, still get the surgery.

Or you could try giving him a handjob.

Edited by Doctor Steuss, 08 July 2015 - 02:14 PM.

• milkhouse, Mr Taco, Majora23 and 2 others like this

#7 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

FMLA has you covered, some employers require doctors note, others have their own fmla form required to be filled out
  • milkhouse likes this

#8 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

Do it. Does anybody else know that you were having this surgery? HR? Other workers. Did you tell them you told the manager? Next time I would submit in writing and have a copy for record esp if you think the manager is trrying to fuck you.

I tips my union rep and everyone else at work too. They all knew I was having surgery tomorrow
I love you man!

#9 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

Can you afford to wait a month? Submit it in writing again, don't let him know it's a big deal (don't give him the satisfaction) and make sure you bring someone with you when you talk to him, just so you have a witness.

Well actually I recorded the whole conversation on my phone simply because I expected him to fuck with me. He's always very rude when talking to me
I love you man!

#10 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

Of course the guy took the rest of the day off. I was going to straighten everything out at the end of the daddy when I got back to the shop but yeah he went home early. So I spoke to our supervisor explained the situation and he said the next time any situation arises to be sure to tell him as well so that this doesn't happen. He said get the surgery done and not to worry about it. I'm still worried though because the manager clearly has a vendetta against me. It's completely obvious to my Co workers as well as they've made comments to me on several occasions about how I'm treated. So. ....anyway I guess I'm having surgery tomorrow and I'm trying not to worry about being fired for some bogus reason when I come back. Thanks for the comments fellas.
I love you man!

#11 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

Sorry. It sounds like you are getting toyed with.

I am not a big fan of email for most purposes (most use it as a dump and run), but for documenting requests/approvals like this it works very well. If you are dealing with someone who is less that reputable (and it sounds like you are) I would avoid relying on what they say, unless they'll put it in writing.

#12 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Sorry. It sounds like you are getting toyed with.

I am not a big fan of email for most purposes (most use it as a dump and run), but for documenting requests/approvals like this it works very well. If you are dealing with someone who is less that reputable (and it sounds like you are) I would avoid relying on what they say, unless they'll put it in writing.

This. Message sent is not message received but it is a great way to document conversations. I save everything.
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#13 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

Unfortunately I don't work in an environment where email is used. I have to physically talk to this douche for approval of anything.
I love you man!

#14 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:17 PM

Good luck with your surgery milky. Let us know how it goes. As far as the douche at work, it sounds like you covered all your bases so he doesn't have a leg to stand on in this situation.

You bang his girl or something for him to be butt hurt towards you?
  • milkhouse likes this
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#15 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

Don't worry man. If he fires you wrongly, you'll be covered for one, and two, it will put his rear in the hot seat.
  • milkhouse likes this
Luuurkin...

#16 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hope your surgery goes well and you get some good drugs so you can just forget about the jackass at your work. 

• milkhouse likes this

#17 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hope your surgery goes well and you get some good drugs so you can just forget about the jackass at your work.

Thanks brother. It went good. I was in more pain than I thought I would be. Guess I'm a puss but yeah they have some good drugs here that's for sure
  • poopypants likes this
I love you man!

#18 Doctor Steuss

Doctor Steuss

• Super Moderators
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Unfortunately I don't work in an environment where email is used. I have to physically talk to this douche for approval of anything.

Helps the viability of the handjob option.

• milkhouse likes this

#19 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Helps the viability of the handjob option.

Thanks doc but we've got a guy that's got that job "handled"
  • Doctor Steuss likes this
I love you man!

#20 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

Jesus I'm so fucking sore! My shoulders are killing me and I had surgery on my gallbladder. Wtf? Oh yeah my whole abdomen hurts like a MO Fo when I stand up and walk
I love you man!

#21 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

Don't worry man. If he fires you wrongly, you'll be covered for one, and two, it will put his rear in the hot seat.

I hope this is true brotha. Thank you
I love you man!

#22 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

Glad all went well with the op champ!

Now here's what you do when you go back to work and face that manager.

Go thru your operation piece by piece.............this of course having tied your manager down with no anaesthetic hehehe
  • milkhouse likes this

#23 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

Glad it went well minus the pain. How long for recovery before picking up heavy stuff again?
  • milkhouse likes this
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#24 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Glad it went well minus the pain. How long for recovery before picking up heavy stuff again?

A month. That's blows. I'm gonna be a skinny fat dude by then
I love you man!

#25 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

A month. That's blows. I'm gonna be a skinny fat dude by then

Oh come on...You are pretty young aren't you?. You've got plenty of time to get back in to shape and definitely can get back to where you were pre-op faster than most old guys like me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users