48 replies to this topic

#26 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

A month. That's blows. I'm gonna be a skinny fat dude by then

Muscle memory rules all my man. It's been a somewhat rough year for you as far as set backs and mandatory time off for the gym it seems?
  • milkhouse likes this
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#27 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

Muscle memory rules all my man. It's been a somewhat rough year for you as far as set backs and mandatory time off for the gym it seems?

Muscle memory isn't going to help you keep strength or size though. 

"Muscle memory is the act of completing a particular physical or mental task with such repetition that your body then learns to complete the task more efficiently, using less brain power."

• milkhouse likes this

#28 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

Oh come on...You are pretty young aren't you?. You've got plenty of time to get back in to shape and definitely can get back to where you were pre-op faster than most old guys like me.

I'm old actually. I'm in my 30's
I love you man!

#29 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

Yeah I've had a few extra stomach issues this year. So I guess I'm on the one good year one bad year plan
I love you man!

#30 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

Muscle memory isn't going to help you keep strength or size though. 

"Muscle memory is the act of completing a particular physical or mental task with such repetition that your body then learns to complete the task more efficiently, using less brain power."

The muscle I lose should come back fairly quickly though I think
I love you man!

#31 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

Back to work tomorrow on light duty until august 9. Any ideas on how not to get extremely fat?
I love you man!

#32 Doctor Steuss

Doctor Steuss

• Super Moderators
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

A month. That's blows. I'm gonna be a skinny fat dude by then

A month is nothing.  I've taken 3 months off before just because I was lazy.

• milkhouse likes this

#33 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

The muscle I lose should come back fairly quickly though I think

Right. My point was that "muscle memory" has nothing to do with actually keeping or losing muscle, it's more like the fact that your muscles "remember" how to do an exercise you've been doing for years when you stop doing that exercise for weeks, months, years. Just like your muscles don't "forget" or how to ride a bike no matter how long it's been since you first learned to ride that bike, you're body will "remember" how to do it like "second nature". 

• milkhouse likes this

#34 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

Yet it also has a well known, widespread use to explain the fact that once you've reached a certain level of muscularity that it is easy to achieve that level once again considering those muscle cells are still existing in the same number(unless you have a muscle wasting disease or doing nasty drugs creating cellular apoptosis)...

Now wether or not there is a definition stating such, idk, but when it's a widely used TERM in our community for something that we all perfectly understand, you look like something of a douche arguing semantics over the "dictionary definition"...
  • milkhouse likes this
Luuurkin...

#35 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:38 PM

No harm no foul.
I love you man!

#36 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Yet it also has a well known, widespread use to explain the fact that once you've reached a certain level of muscularity that it is easy to achieve that level once again considering those muscle cells are still existing in the same number(unless you have a muscle wasting disease or doing nasty drugs creating cellular apoptosis)...

Now wether or not there is a definition stating such, idk, but when it's a widely used TERM in our community for something that we all perfectly understand, you look like something of a douche arguing semantics over the "dictionary definition"...

Well, that all depends on your perception....I don't think everyone thinks I'm a douche, but I could be wrong. 

• milkhouse likes this

#37 TripleOvertime

TripleOvertime

Under Compensating

• Members
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:17 PM

Whether I'm right or wrong in my perception of muscle memory is beyond me. But as poopy stated, in a community like this the understanding and what it's commonly known as is how poopy explained it. Milkhouse has built awesome physiques in no time at all throughout the years, in my mind his "muscle memory" has aided him in this, along with hard work and dedication of course.
  • milkhouse likes this
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldn't.

-Animis representative-
PM me with any questions regarding Omniscienti
Please support the PHF store and purchase Omniscienti there

#38 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

I don't think your a douche bro... Just arguing this point despite its well known alternative use is less than desirable to read you continue to push the point when we all know full well what I'd meant, regardless of another definition for the term.
  • milkhouse likes this
Luuurkin...

#39 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

I don't think your a douche bro... Just arguing this point despite its well known alternative use is less than desirable to read you continue to push the point when we all know full well what I'd meant, regardless of another definition for the term.

I didn't have much of clue what was meant exactly. I'm actually glad you and others got into more detail about it. I should have said, "This is what I thought it meant..."...So the fact that I didn't prefix it with that does kinda make me sound like a douche. Sorry about that. 

• milkhouse likes this

#40 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

Whether I'm right or wrong in my perception of muscle memory is beyond me. But as poopy stated, in a community like this the understanding and what it's commonly known as is how poopy explained it. Milkhouse has built awesome physiques in no time at all throughout the years, in my mind his "muscle memory" has aided him in this, along with hard work and dedication of course.

Thanks buddy. We kinda got course a lil but it's the interwebz. Would you recommend training with extremely light dumbells and extremely high reps or maybe I could finally focus on adding in some long overdue cardio.
I love you man!

#41 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

Back to work tomorrow on light duty until august 9. Any ideas on how not to get extremely fat?

Maybe in your case champ just use like work on machines only. Light weight ,high volume, slow stretch reps until when the first two burn reps hit....stop, don't go to failure. This would I think alleviate bringing your core into play and giving it it's much deserve rest to repair.
Again just take it slow.........or better still don't exercise at all for a month, eat like a pig and eat anything, drink heaps, fuk heaps, sleep even more.......repeat lol you might be amazed in how much weight u can lose in this type of lifestyle hehehe......oh yeah and lose muscle too but that's just a small side effect ;-/
  • milkhouse likes this

#42 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

Maybe in your case champ just use like work on machines only. Light weight ,high volume, slow stretch reps until when the first two burn reps hit....stop, don't go to failure. This would I think alleviate bringing your core into play and giving it it's much deserve rest to repair.
Again just take it slow.........or better still don't exercise at all for a month, eat like a pig and eat anything, drink heaps, fuk heaps, sleep even more.......repeat lol you might be amazed in how much weight u can lose in this type of lifestyle hehehe......oh yeah and lose muscle too but that's just a small side effect ;-/

The only problem with that is they told me no fukin until august 9 as well. I might try that though. Kinda get the fatness out of my system type thing
I love you man!

#43 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

The only problem with that is they told me no fukin until august 9 as well. I might try that though. Kinda get the fatness out of my system type thing

Wtf? This is no joke right.......my mate a few years back actually broke his back.....sad and nasty times, but did he stop fukin...........no way lol srs no joke. Went thru all the stages of depression etc truly but stop fukin.......NEVER.

Still my inspiration today........no matter how uninterested, how drunk, how stoned, how cut up my stomach is lol

Take it easy champ........nothing wrong with brojobs too lmfao!
  • milkhouse likes this

#44 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

Wtf? This is no joke right.......my mate a few years back actually broke his back.....sad and nasty times, but did he stop fukin...........no way lol srs no joke. Went thru all the stages of depression etc truly but stop fukin.......NEVER.
Still my inspiration today........no matter how uninterested, how drunk, how stoned, how cut up my stomach is lol
Take it easy champ........nothing wrong with brojobs too lmfao!

Actually I followed the same route as your buddy. Last night the gf walked in front of me with just booty shorts and a bra on. Wtf was I supposed to do. I had to break me off a piece. Halfway thru it hurt like hell but did I let it stop me. ..............actually yeah I did. It hurt like hell
  • poopypants, TripleOvertime, commandopat and 1 other like this
I love you man!

#45 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Actually I followed the same route as your buddy. Last night the gf walked in front of me with just booty shorts and a bra on. Wtf was I supposed to do. I had to break me off a piece. Halfway thru it hurt like hell but did I let it stop me. ..............actually yeah I did. It hurt like hell

You are my new inspiration!
  • milkhouse likes this

#46 kins38

kins38

Forum Dickhead

• Members
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

• milkhouse and Looseunitwa like this

#47 milkhouse

milkhouse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

Lmfao
I love you man!

#48 RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

PHF REP/MOD

• Super Moderators
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

How your recovery going? Did you automatically qualify for fmla, and what about disability, did you too put in for that? My recovery took forever, sorry I missed this thread, didn't realize it was about gallbladder/asshole manager, Ive had both problems, lol. .

#49 SLR722

SLR722

I'll PCT tomorrow

• Members
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe trencave

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

If your Manger has something against you record all you interactions with him and the second he says something wrong or does something wrong take it to hr and labor dept. Hr might go easy but once labor dept gets involved it's over. Companies hate labor dept so they will fire him quick and tell labor dept ok now leave lol
  • RoadBlocK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users