• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bigead

bigead

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

Back story-

A few years ago before I started using anything hormonal I had a total test of 337 at age 42 I'm now 44. Over the next few years I ran a few cycles of pro-hormone/ds with proper pct and blood work, at the end of the last run it only came back around 250 ish a month after I finish my serms. A month after I felt tired a went by a low t clinic in town and they tested me at 154 tt in the afternoon and they gave me my fist shot of test cyp. The clinic would not let me self administer so I shopped around for a good trt doc. I ended up with a urologist.
  The urologist agreed to let me self admin test a do a three month trial. He started me at 200mg every 14 days after asked for weekly shots. I complained after the first 14 days about the peak and drop it sucked. He then moved me to a shot a week protocol. He asked on the second month if I felt that much different and I told him not really. He then stated if thats the case that I would be better off with out taking the test which seemed to make sense. I ask about hcg and if I need anything for when I come off the test(pct) and he stated that nothing is needed and I will fine on own. Im not sure I agree with this guys methods.
  The thing is now entering into my third month I do feel better, like I have stabilized. Im conflicted because if I stay on now its for life obviously, and this may be my only chance to come off and see how I feel with out the test. I just dont want to go on a unnecessary roller coaster ride. If I do go off I have my hcg and pct lined up.

My wife said she notices a change in my mood, I feel better in my 3rd month, weight is the same, but definatly recomping with a reduction in body fat, crazy sex drive,and more ambition and energy as well. What keeping me on the fence is this may be my last chance to try and come after three months, but a big part of me want to stay on. I know no one can answer this question but my self.
   The other part of this dilemma is I wish I could a better trt doc here in the Austin area.

Opinions welcome, thanks

#2 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

I am definitely not on TRT, far from an expert and probably in a slightly different place then you at 31 but as I understand what you wrote, it sounds like you have the necessary precautions in place should you want to end your Test Cycle with HCG and SERMs ect  If this is the case, AND you are starting in the 3rd month, starting to see some benefits from being "on", as you say, only you can say if staying on is what's best for your family but it sounds like you have considered things and are doing your best. Again, I can't speak from experience but my impression of TRT/HRT is that it seems pretty chill with a good doctor and strong enough dosages. It sounds like you are still working out the dosage/dr side of things but why not stay that course, remember there are probably many doctors to see in the Austin area for this and also many great years ahead of you to be the best version of yourself for your wife and family. Not sure if any of this helps at all but I just wanted to reach out. If it feels good, stay the course!

• bigead likes this

#3 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 2,856 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

If you feel better now, and realize you will most likely plummet back into a state of sluggishness once you come off, to include a decreased libido (one repercussion your wife prob would not like), then why would you consider coming off?
So what if you're on for life? It's one shot per week with a great reward vice the negative aspect of not doing so. Seems like a no brainer to me. You're 44, not 30.
My .02
  • RoadBlocK and bigead like this
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#4 bigead

bigead

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Thanks guys I appreciate your thoughts, that's they way I was leaning.

#5 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:11 AM

If it can make you feel so much better and healthy which affects positivity around you and your love ones, it's a sacrifice worth taking.
  • bigead likes this

#6 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

I'm with LooseUnit
  • bigead likes this

#7 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

I'm with LooseUnit

It was supposed to be a secreeeeeeeet.............now everyone know we are together ;-/

#8 bigead

bigead

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:48 AM

Thanks again for the feed back, thats why I like this board. Heart health is another concern as I have had boardline high cholesterol, but it seem most of the studies say trt helps unless your older than 65. They also state those with low t have a over all higher mortality rate.

#9 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:58 AM

Get/Stay on TRT and never look back.
I just turned 30 and trt completely changed my life.
  • bigead likes this

#10 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:20 AM

The prospect of depending on a drug is scary. I would however like to point out that it isn't a dependance like is experienced with other drugs: let's say worst case scenario you get stranded in the middle of a tropical jungle for a month. If you were dependent on a recreational drug, you'd be flipping shit. Test? We'll, you won't be having sex with any of the monkeys, and your going to be kinda tired, but you'll still be able to run when Sabor chases your ass.

And as others point out, the reality is you're not 20. What is done is done, and your test levels are darn low 'naturally' at this point.

In other words, worst case scenario is your are back to where you were three months ago. You'll still be able to go on family vacations and whatnot, with or without test. If it makes you happier now, no reason to come off.
  • Looseunitwa and bigead like this
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#11 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

It was supposed to be a secreeeeeeeet.............now everyone know we are together ;-/

D'OH! lol

#12 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

i havent read through everyones posts, but why dont you just buy some extra pins and self admin once per week?

if you really want to try and come off and not be dependent, you will probably have to try a couple PCTs. I would suggest incorporating triptorelin in one of them, see ow it goes.

I decided to go on trt about a year ago.pin test every friday morning, its not a big deal. are you dependent? yea, but its not like if you forfget your meds and go away on a trip for a week youre going to get sick or anything.

like the trt clinics say, you can always go back to how you were feeling before you started trt

• bigead likes this

#13 DarkPassenger

DarkPassenger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

At anti aging clinics they don't let you self administer until they feel you're ready. No anti aging clinic would have you doing 1 shot every two weeks either. If you want the best of the best avoid A GP and go to the anti aging clinics. They have more to offer than any GP will ever give you. It do your research first. I live in Florida. I don't know where you live there might not be as many anti aging clinics where you are. We have like hundreds here lol

#14 bigead

bigead

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

I live in Texas and Im using a Uro right now and doing shots at home at the prescribed once a week. It would be nice to be able to get my hcg(doc wont prescibe) or even hgh(never tried it) from the same place, but I want to give the test a chance. I only on my fourth month.  Ill have to look into those clinics.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users