"dirty Bulks"

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:50 AM

Just curious, how many of you guys still do the whole gain 15lbs in 6 weeks, keep 5 sort of thing? Is it because you're coming off, you enjoy it more, etc.?

personally, I've decided that "clean" bulking is the way to go. What really put it in perspective for me was that if I were to gain 2lbs of muscle and 1lbs of fat (pretty reasonable with mild gear usage, etc.) I'd be 5'6" 195lbs 7% bf before I'm 35. Those are ridiculous stats,. In other words, I feel that with moderate gear usage, smart dieting and training and CONSISNTENCY an ideal physique is achievable, no crazy bulks of cycles needed.

Just looking to hear others opinions.

PS: me a couple weeks ago @ 181 or soGqodO7y.jpg
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#2 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

Depends on what is 'mild' doses of ass means IMO?

Yes if one can grow slowly without bulking and cutting............far better method towards goal.
But the discipline involved is very high to the average Jo Blo.

so I think that is why many hit a bulk and then a cut. It's a easier tunnel vision goal maybe?

The trick I believe in the end, it has to be a lifestyle........continuous to a degree.

Great post, really interested in what others say too!

#3 Wilko

Wilko

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

Judging by your avatar, the thing you said is probably right. However, I'm inclined to agree with Loosey. Define mild doses. I only feel the need to remark upon this as some of the dosages I've seen referenced on here are, to me, fairly fucking insane at times. If you're dropping 1g test/1g tren a week, you can frankly do whatever the fuck you see fit as long as you have enough protein on the backend.

But the general intent is correct. Don't go eating sloppy just because it sounds good. At least not if you truly intend to reach the upper echelon on bodybuilding.

Except me. I'mma dirty bulk my ass off once I'm healthy.

Fuck ulcerative colitis. I didn't need that blood anyway.

#4 spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

PHF Rep

• Reps
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

The thing is that you're 180lbs. Easy to gain muscle. Try 250 and gaining muscle is way harder on a slow lean bulk. Once you reach your genetic maximum you have to bulk and cut. Especially for your joints with the heavy weight being pushed.

#5 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

I'd define 'mild" as 750mg test, or some combo like that, say 200mg test and 200mg tren.

Spiny, I'm 180 but 5'6". 195lbs 7% is as far as I think any sane person of my height should want to push themselves, UNLESS they're trying to compete, etc, which is a whole different ballgame. I'm talking about those of us who have a job, family, etc. and do this as a "hobby"
Antaeus Labs Rep

#6 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

I agree with the tunnel vision thing. 2-3lbs a year is basically unnoticeable. It's only when you compare pics/stats across 4-5 years that you'd see the difference, and I think a lot of people lack the capacity to think 10-15 years down the road. I plan to live until I'm 40, and I don't need to reach my peak this year or next, I (and pretty much everyone on this board) already look better than 99% of the population, so what's the rush? Again, unless your competing or something, which I probably will do some time, but the mentality for that is very different.
  • Looseunitwa likes this
Antaeus Labs Rep

#7 spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

PHF Rep

• Reps
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

If I was 5foot 6, I would be striving for the 212 division

#8 Nostrum

Nostrum

Head Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

The aesthetics brahs and the size brahs will never see eye to eye...

• commandopat, Wilko and Classic_Man like this
PHF Supplements Rep
http://www.phfsupplements.com

#9 Wilko

Wilko

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

Turbofact.

Fuck ulcerative colitis. I didn't need that blood anyway.

#10 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

If I was 5foot 6, I would be striving for the 212 division

I would too, if I were competing. Obviously what I'm saying here doesn't apply to people trying to win the Olympia whole nother level of gear, food, training, etc. I'm talking about those of us who do this as a hobby and care about our health, looking decent year round, etc.
Antaeus Labs Rep

#11 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

I'm somewhere in the middle I'd say. Flex Lewis was 5'5.5" and ~192 on stage, and he wasn't exactly small. For someone my size ~200lbs is definitely size.

But yes, you're right. Even then, I think some of the "bulks" I see are ridiculous, even if you're trying to gain as much mass as possible. And a good chunk of the people doing them are neither at their genetic limit nor are they competing
Antaeus Labs Rep

#12 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 2,856 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

I'm 5'8" and 223 right now, but also probably 13-14%. While I could certainly cut more with effort I don't know how well I could maintain that year round and therefore am not interested in getting down lower.
212 at 5'6" would be pretty damn big when lean.
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#13 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

I'd define 'mild" as 750mg test, or some combo like that, say 200mg test and 200mg tren.

Spiny, I'm 180 but 5'6". 195lbs 7% is as far as I think any sane person of my height should want to push themselves, UNLESS they're trying to compete, etc, which is a whole different ballgame. I'm talking about those of us who have a job, family, etc. and do this as a "hobby"

Do you cycle or blast and cruise?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATS: 6'0 190lbs, 13% BF
Bench 315, Squat 425, Deadlift 450
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)