• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

Hey PHF,

This is going to be my first cycle in almost two years. I spent a bit of time experimenting with anabolics, and decided to go natural while I focused on other parts of my life.

I've learned a lot since than, and as a result I'm excited for this upcoming bulk cycle. It will be not only my most planned out cycle, but one of the most thoroughly planned cycles I've seen.

This is an all out bulk cycle with one goal in mind: maximize muscle and size gains over 12 weeks, while minimizing fat gains.

I've collaborated with a professional strength coach (coaches national level strength competitors) to ensure everything is lined up correctly. My goal is to finish my cycle and training as planned without as little as one cheat meal or one missed rep.

I will be logging here aprox. 1 time per week to track my progress.

-----

Starting Stats:

-----

Height: 6'0?

Weight: 174lbs

Bodyfat: 13% (average of three 7 point caliper tests. Abs are visible when flexed.)

Big-3 1RMS: Bench Press: 315lbs, Squat: 375lbs, Deadlift: 425lbs.

Cycle History: ~2 PH cycles, 1 AAS cycle, 1 Blast & Cruise (10 months)

-----

Steroids:

-----

Attached File  g-blurred.png   318.51KB   0 downloads

tl;dr Superdrol @ 20mg weeks 1-4, Test-E @ 750mg weeks 1-12, Halodrol @ 75mg weeks 10-14. PCT: Nolva, Clomid, HCG & DAA.

Attached File  release-small.jpg   31.36KB   0 downloads

-----

Diet:

-----

Calories: 3800 (40% protein, 40% carb, 20% fat - paleo sources)

# meals: 6x / day @ ~450cal, ~50 protein, ~50 carbs, ~15 fats

-----

Supplements:

-----

Daily: Baby Asprin, b12 (5000), d3 (5000), Multi, vit. C (1000), Creatine (5g)

-----

Training:

-----

5 Days GVT

1 Day 5x5 Strength

1 Day Rest

Cardio: 1.5 hours per day, 5 days per week.

Goal is to more or less look like this:

super-saiyan-1-goku.jpeg

And if that can't happen, grow my muscles as big and as strong as possible in 14 weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATS: 6'0 190lbs, 13% BF
Bench 315, Squat 425, Deadlift 450
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:28 AM

In....
Are you going to post before and afters??

#3 villie

villie

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:41 AM

dbz all the sway

train to go super saiyan, get those reps over 9000!!

• somedude17 likes this

#4 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

Not gonna lie, planning a cycle to that extent woukd give me some major OCD and make it boarderline miserable but, whatever floats your boat.

Biggest issues I see personally are 174lb starting weight...basically anorexic for a dude that's 6 ft and not 6%.

Second, 3800 cals a day with 1.5 hours cardio...not sure how in the world you could bulk much on that unless your metabolism is hella slow
  • Scope75 likes this

#5 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

Not gonna lie, planning a cycle to that extent woukd give me some major OCD and make it boarderline miserable but, whatever floats your boat.

Biggest issues I see personally are 174lb starting weight...basically anorexic for a dude that's 6 ft and not 6%.

Second, 3800 cals a day with 1.5 hours cardio...not sure how in the world you could bulk much on that unless your metabolism is hella slow

Dream Crusher but Truth Speaker.
Pretty much why I wanted to see some before and afters.

#6 spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

PHF Rep

• Reps
  • 8,528 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:42 AM

You have a lot of work to do to be considered a saiyan.
  • Scope75 likes this

#7 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:31 AM

I hope you planned your diet just as meticulously and kill it in the gym! Would def be successful.

As said, drop cardio bro. Maaaaybe 15 min post. That's it.
Luuurkin...

#8 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

I hope you planned your diet just as meticulously and kill it in the gym! Would def be successful.

As said, drop cardio bro. Maaaaybe 15 min post. That's it.

I appreciate it, but I've been doing the cardio for 5 months now. It's for my health and longevity rather than my physique. I know it will suck balls on superdrol though.

#9 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

In....
Are you going to post before and afters??

Lightly flexed and fresh out of bed just for you.

Starting cycle Monday. Spending the rest of the week getting my 1rm's figured out for GVT.

• Scope75 likes this

#10 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Good place to start at man.
We are similar but I'm 5'11 and 40-50lbs heavier with loose skin from being 330+ af fatness.
If I was you I wouldn't even do cardio and just build mass to drop BF%.
Your lean enough to not kill yourself with cardio to get shredded.
  • alphadrol likes this

#11 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:26 PM

I appreciate it, but I've been doing the cardio for 5 months now. It's for my health and longevity rather than my physique. I know it will suck balls on superdrol though.

Your health will not be impacted by dropping cardio to 15 minutes if you are still lifting at an adequate intensity. On the other hand, if you want to bump your calories another 1.5-2k then you might actually add some decent lbm. But no way your working out 4-5 days a week, doing 1.5 hours cardio daily AND adding a real 10-15lbs of lbm in your allotted time frame with your current caloric intake plans.
Luuurkin...

#12 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

Your health will not be impacted by dropping cardio to 15 minutes if you are still lifting at an adequate intensity. On the other hand, if you want to bump your calories another 1.5-2k then you might actually add some decent lbm. But no way your working out 4-5 days a week, doing 1.5 hours cardio daily AND adding a real 10-15lbs of lbm in your allotted time frame with your current caloric intake plans.

a

True. I would also put body fat more like 16-18% although water and genetic bf distribution can skew it some.

I've was got up to 22% bf freshman year via bod pod and caliper and had 4 abs clearly visible. I've got veins in lower abs at 12% and veins from lower abs to chest at around 8%.

#13 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

For my size and lifts, what type of caloric intake would you recommend? I've always used this calculator: http://scoobysworksh...rie-calculator/ to estimate my calories. On cycle I estimate at +10lbs or so higher than I started.

I do track every calorie in MFP so I never am "estimating".

Advice appreciated.

a

True. I would also put body fat more like 16-18% although water and genetic bf distribution can skew it some.

I've was got up to 22% bf freshman year via bod pod and caliper and had 4 abs clearly visible. I've got veins in lower abs at 12% and veins from lower abs to chest at around 8%.

I believe abs are largely genetic. If you look at a number of athletes, many have lower body fat but less ab visibility. For example, look at Arnold. At many times throughout his BB career he only had 4 visible abs even at very low bodyfat %.

#14 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

Can't help you there because I no longer track cals I just weight things out in pounds. Lol
And if I'm wanting to gain I up it by 4-8oz or cutting I'll drop it by 2-6oz.

Since doing things that way I don't even worry about shit.
There's no more damn I'm under my cals by 500 or I went over 500 I just know I ate a few extra or less oz/lbs.

Gotta eat BIG to get BIG.
  • alphadrol likes this

#15 swim21

swim21

• Members
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

For my size and lifts, what type of caloric intake would you recommend? I've always used this calculator: http://scoobysworksh...rie-calculator/ to estimate my calories. On cycle I estimate at +10lbs or so higher than I started.

I do track every calorie in MFP so I never am "estimating".

Advice appreciated.

I believe abs are largely genetic. If you look at a number of athletes, many have lower body fat but less ab visibility. For example, look at Arnold. At many times throughout his BB career he only had 4 visible abs even at very low bodyfat %.

Ok, one, you are using an online calculator to tell you your cals....I won't even discuss how dumb that is for our purposes but I plugged my numbers in and it's pretty far off.

Choose your macro number/ratios based off your body's personal response in the past (may be influenced by drugs) and adjust as you go along as needed. I would reccomend lots of good fats (mac oil, coconut oil, nuts, omegga eggs, fish) for bulking with moderate carbs to limit water and bloating. If you don't have that issue then medium fats, higher carbs may work. I would personally reccomend around 350 protein.

Two, Arnold was never that lean (or holding ass loads of water if he was). The leanest I've seen any picture of him would be maybe 8% body fat

#16 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

According to the calculator I should be taking in 1000 Cals/day for cutting... Erm.... I like myself?
Luuurkin...

#17 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:01 PM

MFP is a great tracking program though. Super easy to use and cool you can just scan stuff in. They even have nutrition facts on my bulk bin bought ingredients/snacks from Winco!

Like I said... Drop the cardio or up the Cals. Like swim said, base your own needs of what you've done in the past... Namely, take what you've eaten more recently that you've maintained with and increase Cals, namely protein, and make sure to spread it out, not like 80-100g pro in a sitting/shake.

I prefer close to a 40/40/20 split regardless of goals... Closer to 45/35/20 when cutting.

But like scopesbrah said, you're gonna have to EAT to gain and eating smart will make sure it goes on lean.... And don't mistake SD's super glucose storing effects as actual gains... It's not yours unless your eating for it... Make sure to eat for it.
Luuurkin...

#18 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Everything is now on hand.

Cycle begins Monday.

I am excited to let the gains begin.

-----

Diet Adjustment:

-----

Calories: 4000

Protein: 400G / 40%

Carbs: 400G / 40%

Fats: 90G / 20%

I'm moving my calories up a few hundred to start. Will adjust weekly as needed.

• poopypants likes this

#19 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

I started GVT Monday this week using slightly lower weights. That way when I start cycle next week I will have a good idea of how my routine works.

So far, I've been in a lot of pain from the massive load. GVT is a very intense program, especially on the days where you do both 10x10 of deadlifts and squats.

I feel the effectiveness of the routine already, but don't know if I would attempt it off-cycle because I am having difficulty recovering from one workout before the next starts.

GVT is hardcore.

#20 Classic_Man

Classic_Man

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

Everything is now on hand.

Cycle begins Monday.

I am excited to let the gains begin.

-----

Diet Adjustment:

-----

Calories: 4000

Protein: 400G / 40%

Carbs: 400G / 40%

Fats: 90G / 20%

I'm moving my calories up a few hundred to start. Will adjust weekly as needed.

That much protein at your size, even with this much gear is going to result in gluconeogenesis and digestion issues.
You would be better off increasing your carbohydrate intake to benefit from a better insulin response.

Carbs are protein sparing.. too much protein turns to carbs and then spares the rest of the protein at the cost of digestion and your wallet.

If you like spending more and enjoy higher protein go for it, but it is unneeded.

#21 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

That much protein at your size, even with this much gear is going to result in gluconeogenesis and digestion issues.
You would be better off increasing your carbohydrate intake to benefit from a better insulin response.

Carbs are protein sparing.. too much protein turns to carbs and then spares the rest of the protein at the cost of digestion and your wallet.

If you like spending more and enjoy higher protein go for it, but it is unneeded.

Do you think 50% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats - or even lower: 60% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fats?

I don't like going below 200g protein per day, based on my experiences cutting and bulking naturally and during my past cycles.

#22 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

I eat around 350c, 300-340p, 100 fat, on average.
  • alphadrol likes this
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#23 Classic_Man

Classic_Man

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Do you think 50% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats - or even lower: 60% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fats?

I don't like going below 200g protein per day, based on my experiences cutting and bulking naturally and during my past cycles.

In my experience, one must either be on a very large amount of AAS or being eating constantly throughout the day with digestive enzymes to benefit from more than 1.5g/lb for protein intake.

Outside that, everyone Ive spoken with including myself has had a better response from having more of the other macros, based on their activity level and goal, to meet their caloric intake.

• alphadrol likes this

#24 alphadrol

alphadrol

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

In my experience, one must either be on a very large amount of AAS or being eating constantly throughout the day with digestive enzymes to benefit from more than 1.5g/lb for protein intake.

Outside that, everyone Ive spoken with including myself has had a better response from having more of the other macros, based on their activity level and goal, to meet their caloric intake.

Alright, I'll start by dropping the protein 100g and see where that leads me. Will save tons of money at least. I've been eating the macros listed this week and it's been costing around ~$20/day.

• Classic_Man likes this

#25 Classic_Man

Classic_Man

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

Alright, I'll start by dropping the protein 100g and see where that leads me. Will save tons of money at least. I've been eating the macros listed this week and it's been costing around ~$20/day.

Smart.

I always push people to have the highest concentration of carbs in their diet, assuming protein is capped, when trying to gain, then once carbs get to an excessive level based on their activity I make sure fats are at 0.5g/lb, healthy sources consumed with meals evenly, minimum before increasing carbs further.

That approach has put pounds and pounds of quality weight on everyone I've applied it to.

• alphadrol likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users