Posterior Delts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 staytrue82

staytrue82

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:40 AM

My anterior delt is imbalanced compared to the posterior, ive made decent progress but I know there is more I can do. My question is what is your favorite exercise to hit post delts? ..Besides rev pec deck.

#2 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

Various Horizontal Rows (depending on hand placement/angle), Yates Rows, Reverse Cable Flys, Strict DB Rows, Face Pulls (I personally think straight bar hits the rear delts hardest), Lighter Chest Supported Reverse Flys also.. 

This area was seriously lacking for me but in the last 6 months has become one of my most developed/most improved. 

I think Rear Delts, like many other smaller muscles, respond best to a variety of stimulus ranging from super heavy to super light burnouts.

• Mr Taco and staytrue82 like this

#3 AllNatural

AllNatural

Awesome Member

• Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

My anterior delt is imbalanced compared to the posterior, ive made decent progress but I know there is more I can do. My question is what is your favorite exercise to hit post delts? ..Besides rev pec deck.

https://www.t-nation...ountain-dog-way

Have a look at the rear delt section, good stuff.

#4 staytrue82

staytrue82

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

Good article, Ive been doing the 6 ways gnarly burn, will need to start incorporating more incline moves w/ machine laterals

#5 PZT

PZT

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

I Agree with all natural. Those old nation articles on mountain dog workouts changed my life

PURUS LABS REP

#6 dacookiemonsta

dacookiemonsta

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

I couldn't tell you the name of the exercise but basically I get on cable machines..  I drop the single hand grip to where its almost down to my knee... I lean over towards the direction of the arm I'm doing.. I keep my elbow in.  I start almost like I'm at the beginning of a row exercise then, while keeping my elbow in place as much as possible, i rotate outward as far as I possibly can to where by the end of the movement my forearm is almost lined up with my shoulder. 

I don't go real heavy.  Most guys have a garbage range of motion on this starting.  I've helped a few guys with chronic shoulder issues with nothing but this exercise.  It's the same thing a lot of physical therapists do with the colored bands for people. It'll pull back your frame and help your posture.  Higher reps lower weight.  

Since I started my cycle I got a quick reminder why it's a necessity to do them.  Had 24/7 shoulder "discomfort" for 2-3 days from assumed front size growth.  Been hitting those light 2x a week and it's gone. 

I'll try to find a couple pics of it or just take a couple pics.  

• TheGreatLatzby likes this

#7 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

Rich Piana rear delt rows........sorry champ you tube it, it friggin works!

I not pic sav dam it's!
  • staytrue82 likes this

#8 themaharaja

themaharaja

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

Oh man some low weight high reps for face pulls and reverse flyes is very helpful.

#9 dacookiemonsta

dacookiemonsta

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

First pic was a bit premature I wasn't setup yet but my girlfriend struggles with directions at times.  I was still was getting positioned... I generally don't start that far inward on the movement.  I start basically where my forearm is straight out then end the movement like you see in the second picture.  rinse and repeat. Keep the elbow in and try not to fire your lats making it basically a reverse fly...  I cheat a bit on the heavier sets but i do 5-6 and make sure to do great form on at least 3-4 where there's zero cheating involved. 

• Looseunitwa likes this

#10 dacookiemonsta

dacookiemonsta

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

I'm no monster but I don't feel I lack in that area symmetry wise.

#11 TheGreatLatzby

TheGreatLatzby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:55 PM

Cookie that's a killer exercise for rehab partial rotator cuff tear
  • Looseunitwa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users