Help Ast And Alt Levels High?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bulkingup89

bulkingup89

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

Just had blood work AST and ALT levels came back high.

Could this be due to Msten which i ended over 3/4 months ago?

I didn't fast for the bloodwork and i did workout day of and day before could this be a factor or does this mean i should hold off on my next cycle?

#2 Mr Taco

Mr Taco

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

What's high(what are the numbers)? What was it pre cycle?

Everyone bounces back differently but with me bloodwork shows I get back into range within a couple weeks usually.

You taking anything like tudca?

Quick google search says that you don't need to fast before any liver function tests, that's more for other stuff like lipids. And yes one of those numbers can elevate from heavy lifting.

#3 bulkingup89

bulkingup89

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:21 AM

Ast was 120 and AlT was 52. I don't have the records for prior to cycle. I'm not on tudca now but I was during cycle and pct. I'm
Hoping was a fluke and probably going to get rechecked

#4 bulkingup89

bulkingup89

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

But had crazy leg day day before had trouble walking into clinic and I think I went to gym before I had tests

#5 Mr Taco

Mr Taco

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

Ya. Wait a couple weeks before you get checked and maybe do it after a rest day.

If you don't know where you were at pre cycle though everything else is guesswork. You could have been high before from some other cause.

#6 bulkingup89

bulkingup89

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:56 AM

Probably a hard question to answer but if I could get other members to comment how long does it take to go back to normal for the most part? I mean I just ran simple Msten cycle and had everything in place so I feel like this long out odd it's still high and j don't think I could have done serious damage at 20mg for five weeks

#7 kins38

kins38

Wants MENT BACK!

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

Just had blood work AST and ALT levels came back high.

Could this be due to Msten which i ended over 3/4 months ago?

I didn't fast for the bloodwork and i did workout day of and day before could this be a factor or does this mean i should hold off on my next cycle?

Why is there a question mark in the title of your thread? Are you asking if your levels are high?. It could be due to the Msten yes, but what do you mean by "3/4 months ago"?. Do you mean three quarters of a month?. If so I think you should wait longer definitely. What other products are you taking?. What are your normal levels of AST and ALT when not on cycle?. You need a baseline to determine whether or not your numbers are high for you or normal for you. What are the reference ranges for your particular lab for AST and ALT?. Did you use any NAC for liver protection?. TUDCA is more for Bilirubin and protect you from steroid induced cholestasis and biliary duct blockage. NAC is for AST and ALT levels. You need both. 

Bring Ment back please. 

#8 bulkingup89

bulkingup89

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

No it was about 3 months ago. Just wasn't sure of exact day I ended. I added the "?" As I'm not sure if Msten related want to see if anyone had input and had something similar happen to them. I'm going to wait a week and go redo tests

#9 kins38

kins38

Wants MENT BACK!

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

No it was about 3 months ago. Just wasn't sure of exact day I ended. I added the "?" As I'm not sure if Msten related want to see if anyone had input and had something similar happen to them. I'm going to wait a week and go redo tests

Ok what about the other questions I had for you?

Bring Ment back please. 

#10 bulkingup89

bulkingup89

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

Ok what about the other questions I had for you?

I don't have my other labs handy so not sure what the levels were, but called my doctor and the secretary mentioned he did notice the levels were high, so assuming they were higher then normal. No I wasn't on NAC My AST was 120 and ALT was 52. I think both should be in the 30's or 40's. 

#11 kins38

kins38

Wants MENT BACK!

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

I don't have my other labs handy so not sure what the levels were, but called my doctor and the secretary mentioned he did notice the levels were high, so assuming they were higher then normal. No I wasn't on NAC My AST was 120 and ALT was 52. I think both should be in the 30's or 40's. 

It all depends on the lab and the reference range.  For instance the lab the my doc uses for ALT the reference range is 12-78 and for AST the reference range is 10-37. Also to know if it was higher than normal for you you'd have to have a baseline. If you don't have a reference range though and a baseline you really can't know if it's not just high according to the paperwork reference ranges or high for you personally.  

Bring Ment back please. 

#12 bulkingup89

bulkingup89

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:07 PM

It all depends on the lab and the reference range.  For instance the lab the my doc uses for ALT the reference range is 12-78 and for AST the reference range is 10-37. Also to know if it was higher than normal for you you'd have to have a baseline. If you don't have a reference range though and a baseline you really can't know if it's not just high according to the paperwork reference ranges or high for you personally.  

Thanks of the input ill try to have them look at old bloodworm and see. but the lab listed it as high for both just ALT wasn't too far out of the "normal" range just AST was like 60 above the labs "normal"

#13 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

Those levels aren't really cause for extreme concern, you're not going to have liver failure anytime soon (assuming you didn't get a condition).

Have you been tested for Hep C? What did your doc say (if he sw this at all)? Do you drink, take nsaids, etc? Also having it drawn close to a workout could skew things.

My advice: but some Antaeus Aegis (TUDCA), some NAC and run them for a month. No drinking or other drugs. Keep working out and eating right. After a month, take a weekend off lifting and go in 48+h after your last lift and get retested.
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#14 kins38

kins38

Wants MENT BACK!

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:00 PM

My advice just get some NAC and take at least 2 grams per day for a month. Then get re-tested. TUDCA isn't gonna do much at all if anything for AST and ALT levels. 

Bring Ment back please. 

#15 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Both protect the liver in different ways, a combined regimen can be good, but I would not discard the importance of TUDCA/UDCA
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#16 kins38

kins38

Wants MENT BACK!

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

Both protect the liver in different ways, a combined regimen can be good, but I would not discard the importance of TUDCA/UDCA

If bilirubin was high than sure, but for AST and ALT tudca won't help much at all, what he needs is NAC.  

Bring Ment back please. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users