Lean Bulk/recomp Diet Check

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AllNatural

AllNatural

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

Hey guys! I'm starting my 3 month lean bulk/recomp this coming Monday and I've been planning out my diet for the run. I'm looking to get as much as possible out of this so if you guys see anything amiss in my diet then let me know! I'm completely open to comments and suggestions! 

Current stats:

~180 lbs, consistent for the past month

body fat: somewhere in the mid to low teens

Height 5'10"

Lean Bulk Diet:

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs

Meal 2: 1/2 cup almonds, 1 cup oats

Meal 3: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4: 8 oz. 85% lean ground beef with 1/2 white rice, tomatoes and onion (eaten before workout)

Meal 5: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 6: 3 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup oats

Meal 7: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup oats

Totals and macros:

Cals: 3631

Carbs: 404g, 50%

Fats: 102g, 13%

Protein: 306, 38%

Recomp:

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs

Meal 2: 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 3: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4: 8 oz. 85% lean ground beef with 1/2 white rice, tomatoes and onion (eaten before workout)

Meal 5: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 6: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli

Meal 7: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli

Totals and macros:

Cals: 3175

Carbs: 314g, 44%

Fats: 88g, 12%

Protein: 310, 44%

#2 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:02 PM

youre way overthinking this bro.....

#3 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:02 AM

I reckon on your lean bulk......all good to go.

On the recomp, I would go higher in the protein and reduce carbs by this.

But plenty of guys here know nutrition way better than I........good luck champ!

#4 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

try going by how you feel first. Not set macros. If youre feeling flat have a sandwich or veggies or some rice. If you feel like youre borderline spilling over, skip out on some carbs. If you feel just right in muscle fullness, instead of carbs have some fats.

#5 AllNatural

AllNatural

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

I reckon on your lean bulk......all good to go.

On the recomp, I would go higher in the protein and reduce carbs by this.

But plenty of guys here know nutrition way better than I........good luck champ!

~300g of protein has generally been my sweet spot for the past two years. Just for shits and giggles I tried 350g protein a day for a month in late August through September and I feel like it didn't really help. The carb/fat macro ratio for the recomp is the same as when I was able to achieve my leanest body condition (this was actually before I ever touched hormones). Maybe I'll set aside a week in my cycle to try out a relatively high protein diet and see what happens.

try going by how you feel first. Not set macros. If youre feeling flat have a sandwich or veggies or some rice. If you feel like youre borderline spilling over, skip out on some carbs. If you feel just right in muscle fullness, instead of carbs have some fats.

This is basically how I've been operating for the past month. I've been eating close to what is in my recomp diet and tweaking things as I see fit based on how I feel and look. I just changed around some carb  sources and timing and finally added in some veggies. I won't hesitate to make a change to my diet if I don't feel or look right, gotta stay productive.

youre way overthinking this bro.....

Maybe not...I want to set myself up to be in a good place when it comes time for contest prep this coming summer. Last winter I did a horrible job bulking, gained too much fat, and completely hampered my attempts at achieving my goal physique by the end of my contest prep. The way I see it, this cycle is just as critical to my success on stage as my contest prep will be a few months down the road so why should I treat it with any less scrutiny? We all know that the results you get from lifting, supplements, hormones, etc. are dictated by diet so I want to be sure that my diet is not holding me back.

#6 sinewave3

sinewave3

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

In for responses... My diet is good for bulking but have trouble recomping!

And good luck OP
  • AllNatural likes this

#7 AllNatural

AllNatural

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:56 AM

In for responses... My diet is good for bulking but have trouble recomping!

And good luck OP

Thanks man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users