11 replies to this topic

#1 DJSmith

DJSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

Afternoon Gentlemen,

TL;DR - Should I do a PH cycle? If not, any advice on how I can lose my love handles while keeping my gainz/strength?

Humble newbie here looking for some advice. Perhaps some background?

Obese/overweight from Preschool through 18, max was 400lbs.

VERY little activity as during that time. Some football in 8th grade.

Began doing cardio, eating right.

Began lifting 2 years ago.

Very active now.

Put on my noob gainz and lost a lot of fat.

Now: 200lbs, 5'10, 15% BF (not 100% sure on this %, but no less than 14%)

Very familiar with your standard supplements and how they work. If i am not working, at the gym, eating or sleeping I am reading. Fast learner.

I seem to be having a bit of trouble losing my love handles. I did a very low carb cut and lost another 20lbs (was 220), but lost some strength as well. I don't believe my protein intake was high enough, working on getting back to a VERY strict diet (I was thinking 250-300g protein, 100g fat and 150-200 carbs). I certainly could be doing more for fat loss, but don't want to risk losing the muscle I have now. Which is why I have been researching PH's / gear for a few months now.

I'd like to do a PH cycle, but have read that if you only have 2 years exp. this is not a good idea. This is why I am reaching out for some support.

If you feel I should come back in a few years I understand. As I said I am not ignorant to the facts but I am desperate. With my current diet, supplament use and workout schedule I feel I should have lost more fat by now. 

#2 labelhunter

labelhunter

Senior Member #1

• Members
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

Maybe try IF and see how it goes for you. http://www.leangains.com/
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#3 Mr Taco

Mr Taco

• Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

If you have any noticeable love handles at 15% bf then I'd be like 5%... which I'm not. Never had anything approaching love handles and I'll get up around 17% at the end of bulks.

Either that or it's excess skin from being so big and no amount of cutting will fix that. Time and maybe surgery but I don't know anything about that, might want to hear from a fellow ex fatty.

IDK about some magic time period where it's going to be okay to gear up. Some people will tell you one thing, others will disagree. Personally idgaf what people take, if you're set on doing something you're gonna do it.

I'm sure people gonna want to know your age. People gonna want to know your current caloric intake and macros. If you're not counting cals then you're gonna be told the gear doesn't do the work for you.

#4 DJSmith

DJSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

I am currently 23, by the way. Mr Taco yeah, chances are I am more like ~20% then, but I do have a decent chunk of excess skin. Was hoping to fill some of it with muscle. I am aware that I should dial in my macros first before considering a cycle, I guess I'm at a standstill because I'm afraid to cut again, and I'm afraid to gain fat back. I guess the macro I have trouble with is carbs. I'd like to lose fat, but not lost any strength, and lose NO muscle (or at the very least as little as possible). I've never had a flat stomach, that's all I really want right now, then to get huge, I'm just scared to lose the muscle I have built.

#5 Nostrum

Nostrum

Head Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

If you can get your hands on some 11-KT transdermal and/or TD Dienolone, those are the two that meet your criteria and goals, IMO

PHF Supplements Rep
http://www.phfsupplements.com

#6 Coltzy

Coltzy

starting PCT tomorrow

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

Myself, being lean pretty much year round but still have small love handles/belly fat. Fasted cardio is the only way for me to get rid of that stobborn fat. You could do a ph and go cal defecit to drop bf and maintain muscle mass. But once you stop, youre gonna lose mass unless you get the cals back up which will result in the stubborn fat coming back. Fasted cardio blows, but I think its the number 1 way to lose bf if your diet is already in check.
  • Mr Taco likes this

THE MOST HARDCORE BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS ON THE MARKET, PERIOD!
IRONMAGLABS BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

IronMagLabs.com

#7 Mr Taco

Mr Taco

• Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

Myself, being lean pretty much year round but still have small love handles/belly fat. Fasted cardio is the only way for me to get rid of that stobborn fat. You could do a ph and go cal defecit to drop bf and maintain muscle mass. But once you stop, youre gonna lose mass unless you get the cals back up which will result in the stubborn fat coming back. Fasted cardio blows, but I think its the number 1 way to lose bf if your diet is already in check.

Not to totally derail here but how often do you do that and for how long a session? Getting ideas for next cut

#8 staytrue82

staytrue82

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

I think s4 would be a good compound for weight loss and is not that harsh.

#9 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

I think s4 would be a good compound for weight loss and is not that harsh.

Always wondered about this one. The vision sides always kept me from conducting analysis. 

#10 scuncknuts

scuncknuts

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

Halodrol cut me the best. Too bad it's illegal. You might have to go to the dark side for anything legit now days or dianoderm.

#11 scuncknuts

scuncknuts

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

Dienoderm*

#12 staytrue82

staytrue82

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

Always wondered about this one. The vision sides always kept me from conducting analysis.

The sides arent bad if you live in a well lit city/suburb
It is not a very cost effective compound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users