• Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

i pinched a nerve in my shoulder. it went like this

-excruciating pain for 2 weeks

- 2 weeks of extreme stiffness.

-then 2 weeks of it feeling normal, but i couldnt pick a gallon of milk up

-then i went to a doctor lol

pinched nerve. going to a pt. can keep working out through the weakeness.

i put on like 8 lbs of fat on this time. how much muscle you think i lost?

also, would you cut first to get rid of the fat or continue with the bulk i was doing first?

#2 hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

• Members
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:54 AM

Damn ok, let's takle this one step at a time.
1) If you gained 8lbs of fatover 2 weeks, you clearly don't know how to diet. Even if your bulking, you should know to reduce e your intake due to inactivity.
2) Are here any PEDs involved?

If I were you, I would take advantage of the fact that I can't be pushing myself too hard and go into a deficit. Since you won't be going too hard, the lack of energy, pump, etc. won't be a big deal, and the minimal workout you do should be enough to minimize fat loss. Look into BFR and other techniques to maximize hypertrophy/effort.
Antaeus Labs Rep
http://www.antaeuslabs.com
Unique and Innovative Products

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about our products.

#3 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:08 AM

1) If you gained 8lbs of fatover 2 weeks, you clearly don't know how to diet. Even if your bulking, you should know to reduce e your intake due to inactivity.

If I were you, I would take advantage of the fact that I can't be pushing myself too hard and go into a deficit. Since you won't be going too hard, the lack of energy, pump, etc. won't be a big deal, and the minimal workout you do should be enough to minimize fat loss. Look into BFR and other techniques to maximize hypertrophy/effort.

this lol. I don't think i even put on 8 pounds of fat when I was eating like 6k calories.

#4 getbiggg16

getbiggg16

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

I'd be training legs like EOD lol

• Mr Taco and AllNatural like this

#5 sinewave3

sinewave3

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

Subbed. Pretty much in the same boat. Hurt shoulder Aug 1st or so. Bad pain for 2 weeks. 8 weeks later still sore and laid off all benching and pressing.

Workouts have been all legs and pulling. Still sore but better. Prob will go to doc soon.
Personally dropped back to maintence. 8lbs of fat means time to change things up, IMO

#6 rockets

rockets

• Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:53 AM

i gained 8 lbs in roughly two months of not working out.  Not two weeks.  My diet did get sloppier during this time though, as i lost motivation a bit when i couldnt even lift a gallon of milk let alone go  to the gym.

Yeah, I was thinking about cutting. I just was worried about losing muscle from not working otu for two months + atrophy from not being able to use my right arm at all during this time. then compound the muscle loss by cutting on top of that.

I can push myself hard at the gym.  But the difference is id normally rep 275lbs on bench for 10. i did 10 sets of 10 at 185 last time due to having a dead arm more or less. my chest was sore for days though. Also, I couldnt db row 45 lbs with my right arm which is like weight id do 10 years ago.

#7 rockets

rockets

• Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

I'd be training legs like EOD lol

the funny thing is. THE ONLY position that hurts me is when i do squats.  Putting my shoulder in that position creates extreme pain. I can do shoulder presses and have no pain. Its also funny, that my shoulder press is almost = to my bench right now. its weird how the weakness has hit me 

#8 sinewave3

sinewave3

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

When do you start PT and did they do any imaging at the doc? And 8 lbs in2 months is not bad... You should be able to cut that fairly easy when you are ready.

#9 rockets

rockets

• Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:23 AM

When do you start PT and did they do any imaging at the doc? And 8 lbs in2 months is not bad... You should be able to cut that fairly easy when you are ready.

No, the doctor said he wanted to do imaging... But out of curioiusity. Because he thought it was a really unique injury, where i was having such weakness but no pain or other sympotms.  He said though, that it wasnt really worth it yet and that all the possible outcomes would have the same result...go to pt.  I have a follow up scheduled in a month if its not better.  im starting pt this week.

He said that since its clearly not a tear or anything, that i could continue working out hard.  He works for the hawks, so i figured he knows what he is talking about.

• sinewave3 likes this

#10 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

Honestly, in my view, I think you should focus on consistency and momentum. I guess what I mean is, eat whatever you like and just focus on training. Improve on your lifts, add some cardio in. If you feel bigger then you would like then consider lowering carbs. Just build some momentum and drive and then after a month or two, reassess and then start working towards a specific goal. IMO your best goal at the moment is just to be in the gym pounding out some sessions and trying to determine some bench marks for your lifts. 

You also might find if you can stick close to maintenance or slightly under it at times, you will naturally recomp and find yourself in a much better position just shortly up ahead. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users