StrongArm

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

Title says it all....

BCAAs for IntraWorkout

Protein shake for post workout

Redundant?  Overdosing?

Just curious....actually trying to maximize my usage of both supplements.

#2 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

It depends on your overall protein needs for the day.

Timing of this has been largely debunked but of course there is a slight advantage for favoring ingestion around training.

BCAA's are a different animal. Peri and immediately Post training will confer more benefits than at other times during the day.

#3 Madbrah

Madbrah

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

Timing of this has been largely debunked but of course there is a slight advantage for favoring ingestion around training.

BCAA's are a different animal. Peri and immediately Post training will confer more benefits than at other times during the day.

but then again, it is doubtful that free form BCAA will do much if you get enough protein through your diet.

• Methylated88 likes this

I swallow cum to soothe the stomach

#4 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

I think it all comes down to the practice of "it is better to get too much ( body expels what it doesn't need) to not getting enough and hindering your muscle gains".

Everyones body is different and will need different amount to get the optimal muscle growth, so I think everyone overdoses protein just in case.  Then to add one more issue is different protiens have different BV or usabilty.  Whey and egg protein are way more usefull than Hydrolyed gelatin ( pig hoofs) that is found in many protien bars.  Both are considered protein, but they are not equals at all when it comes to what the body can use.

#5 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

I think it all comes down to the practice of "it is better to get too much ( body expels what it doesn't need) to not getting enough and hindering your muscle gains".

What about the kidneys

#6 StrongArm

StrongArm

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:16 AM

Everyones body is different and will need different amount to get the optimal muscle growth, so I think everyone overdoses protein just in case.  Then to add one more issue is different protiens have different BV or usabilty.  Whey and egg protein are way more usefull than Hydrolyed gelatin ( pig hoofs) that is found in many protien bars.  Both are considered protein, but they are not equals at all when it comes to what the body can use.

This was along the lines of my thoughts as well.  My question is legitimate for my concern.  ultimately though, If it does become redundant, i hope that the usage is still utilized properly.  The advantage being that the bioavailability of both types of proteins can be translated into protein synthesis properly without overusing or "abusing" the benefits of ingestion peri workout.

#7 StrongArm

StrongArm

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

I can agree with this.  I consider the random shake of BCAAs wasteful. especially since it doesn't contain caloric value.  and i do believe it to be more beneficial peri workout.  I also like working out fasted.  or at least up to 3 hours post previous meal.  food tends to makes me feel heavy when its close to a workout.

#8 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

To be honest, if you eat whole foods and none of the stuff above, no matter How much or less you eat in regards to your question on protein, your body will tell you champ. It's pure and simple.

Give yourself time to listen to your body and it will tell you if you need more or less.

#9 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:48 PM

Your body doesn't expel protein. I'm pretty sure if your kidneys are fucking flushing out protein you got a big problem. It converts excess protein to glucose. Simple as that.

#10 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

I can agree with this. I consider the random shake of BCAAs wasteful. especially since it doesn't contain caloric value. and i do believe it to be more beneficial peri workout. I also like working out fasted. or at least up to 3 hours post previous meal. food tends to makes me feel heavy when its close to a workout.

bcaas have the same amount of calories as protein. 4 cals per gram.

#11 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

What about the kidneys

Unless you have kidney issues a little extra protien isn't going to do anything............I like to think of it in terms of have a beer/ glass of wine everynight.  Is alcohol hard on the liver, yes, but one glass a night isn't going to do anything; unless you have a precondition with your liver.

• sinewave3 likes this

#12 StrongArm

StrongArm

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

bcaas have the same amount of calories as protein. 4 cals per gram.

I use the Cellucor brand.  I could be wrong.  And I'll gladly admit if so.  Originally I assumed it was non caloric.  But I just looked at the tub and it doesn't have any nutritional breakdown other than the types and amount of Amino Acid's that are being consumed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)