Gw-501516

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:54 AM

Lots of controversy still shrouds this stuff but I thought this was a rare unbiased write up. Speaks to the MOA more so than most write ups.

I have not written this stuff off just yet despite the less than impressive reviews; largely b/c I think this could potently prove to be a "healthy" adjunct to any cycle (if we are able to put the cancer thing to rest).

It's cardio-protective benefits, positive endurance attributes, beneficial lipid profile imparting ability, insulin sensitivity enhancement and lipogenic thwarting profile (a healthier way to "bulk") seem to make this one to keep an eye on.

I don't think it's the miracle fat loss agent most had hoped for but it may have its place when strategically used as described above.

The jury is still out for me but here is a decent read:

http://www.metabolic...6-an-uncoupler/
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#2 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:03 AM

I also strongly suggest reading the replies below the article too as "HMM" is a Biochemist w a PhD who opines very intelligently throughout. This dialogue section is a wealth of knowledge.

#3 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:27 AM

It's does seem like a good promising compound but the cancer thang is something that is a stigma. Inconclusive test subjects per Se rats either domestic or wild is neither here nor there. Confusing but more scientific studies need doing you think?

It's a risk, but all this we do is I guess.

#4 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

I concur.

Read the posts by HMM as he explains (and refutes to a degree) the propensity for cancer / proliferation related to using this stuff.

#5 SLR722

SLR722

I'll PCT tomorrow

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationThe trencave

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:00 AM

One word one it: Garbage. Don't waste money. I didn't notice much but a dent in my wallet and lowered blood pressure.

#6 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

Lol. I have heard many say the same

#7 Lendo

Lendo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

I've been "researching" GW510516 for some time now, and will probably pull the trigger soon.

I believe the study (studies) re: cancer used massive amounts of the chemical.

That Metabolic Alchemy write up was excellent. He doesn't write often enough, but when he does, they're good/interesting reads. 

#8 kins38

kins38

Wants MENT BACK!

• Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

I'll say again I got nothing from it but extremely low blood sugar. That's it, literally nothing else I notice. Didn't effect lipids at all, and I had blood work. Didn't even mildly help with blood pressure. 

Bring Ment back please. 

#9 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:02 PM

That blows man. Thanks for the input though.
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#10 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:36 AM

OP just for the record......love the left field gear you bring to the table.

Please please don't stop this........it's invaluable!

I appreciate it and I know many others do to!
  • frank thomas likes this

#11 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

LOL @ "left field" :P

Thank you for the kind words ;)
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#12 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

I personally do not like GW as a fat loss supp but rather as an endurance enhancer. When I look at my logs during the periods where I experimented with this, it's clear I was able to put in massive amounts of strength/cardio training without skipping a beat. The length and overall intensity of my training improves. If I could be assured of safety, I would definitely use this stuff more often. I've been on the fence and hoping to read more conclusive evidence that it is worth the risk. 

• Looseunitwa likes this

#13 Muscle-Addict83

Muscle-Addict83

Celtic Labs Rep

• Reps
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for posting that article. I've been out of the game for several months due to a lot of life getting in the way. IM planning on dropping the excess bodyfat again with a mini cut before packing on the calories again. Looks like it will be very helpful for that.
  • Looseunitwa likes this
PHF Rephttp://www.phfsupplements.com<p>

Truenutrition.com discount code:JMS105

#14 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

LOL @ "left field" :P
Thank you for the kind words ;)

Should of worded it old and new fields lol........just keep bringing new things to the table like u do! It's very cool! Freshens up the place lol

#15 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thanks manggg

MA: It's a PPAR-beta/delta and shrouded in controversy. So instead, I would look into PPAR-alpha's (well researched), UCP (uncouplers), maybe UA Spray or 7-Spray; white fat "browning" products, and any thermos you are comfortable with.

I have also seen injectable ResV floating around which is a potent fat burner (very poor biological activity when used orally).

Heck, call me crazy but low dose DNP (100-150mg/day) for 20-30 days is safer than most of the crap we all run and has minimal sides.

Jury is still out for me on this stuff (GW).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

janoy crevesa