Second Blast - Test, Dta, Tren

552 replies to this topic

#1 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

After a little input from some of you I'm ready for my second blast. I never came off my first blast and first use of AAS. Not sure if that's good or bad but I guess time will tell!

I'm 32, 5'8" and 220lbs. Body fat is about 14% but it's so subjective it's hard to tell. I'll post pics shortly.

I've been cruising on 250-325 test e since my last blast which lasted about 4-5 months, and consuming 3000 cals which is 250 below maintenance. I also ran some GH for two 1 month stints from 2-5iu ED. Interesting stuff but pricey on a cruise.

I started accutane (from India), a little under 2 weeks ago. Acne wasn't horrible but it was there and the GF had made enough comments so I figured I'd see how the accutane would help.  Overall it has with very few new pimples starting. Some are a little stubborn and have not gone away just yet. Big improvement though with the only side effect being much thirstier than normal. Not necessarily an issue but definitely a conscious effort to always have water in my hands.

2 weeks ago I added DTA at 350mg pinning Sun, Tue and Thurs.

Strength has been great despite a slight caloric deficit.

I just ordered Caber, so once that arrives I'll add in the Tren...probably a good two weeks. Looking at 350 tren A for 4 weeks and then bumping it to 500 or so. Obviously subject to change. Test may go up from 250. I'm not really looking to gain too much mass because I'm already rather heavy.

Cardio is something I can't ignore, so I'll try to do as much as I realistically can considering the Tren. Incline treadmill at a fast pace walk, or maybe rowing machine sprints?

I haven't maxed squats recently but it was 450 not too long ago - no belt. Really need to get at least 500.

Deads haven't been done in a few weeks as I was giving my body a break, but 610 is my PR and I hope to break that soon - no belt, only chalk...let's say...maybe 650? Doing so would mean a 140lb increase in 10 or so months..

Bench is something started doing again 2 weeks ago and I'm at 415lbs on my second bench day with only slight difficulty.

A 3 year hiatus due to nagging injuries meant it just wasn't worth it. I hope to bring this up as well....say maybe 450? Not really too concerned if I don't get there though because I'll be taking it very slow on this, probably 2 weeks on, 1 week off where I'll focus on dumbells.

A powerlifter in the gym invited me to a meet in January, so I may consider doing that...it'll really depend on how I feel. The big thing is that by Apr/May I want/need to be down to 7:30-7:45 miles for a few consecutive miles, and right now my legs take a beating when I run...as do my lungs for that matter. I don't think I can realistically get over 225lbs without severe issues and people noticing.

Anyway, noodz coming soon and I hope some of you follow along.

~CP

• poopypants, Chris Benoit and Majora23 like this
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#2 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Shoulder and bicep workout went well today. Surprisingly I managed 125lb dumbells presses for 10 reps relatively easily. Tried the 130's after and I could barely get them up. Managed a set of 3 - having a spotter could have helped here but few people want to workout with me. Next time I'll skip 125's and see what i can do.

Bunch of ancillary stuff as well, to include some of Wesley's shrugs.

Biceps grow much easier for me than triceps. Mainly focused on straight bar, one of my favorite bicep exercises.

45x10

65x10

85x10

105x10

125x10

145x4 at which point I just did a drop set and took a 10 off each side until I got to 65lbs and could barely move.

Finished this off with some concentration curls.

Right elbow is a little tender because I've been hammering arms about 3x/week in an attempt to make them grow. So close to 18's I can see it...just can't get there yet.

• Chris Benoit, Majora23 and Triton_ like this
Pull-ups---------52

#3 Yellowsnow

Yellowsnow

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

This is a great cuting stack.

• Chris Benoit likes this

#4 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

Following bro.

125 shoulder presses are impressive to say the least... Highest I've ever gone was 110 for 10 and that was quite some time ago...

Doubt I'll ever attempt even that again, just not built to lift heavy, with crappy joints and insufficient connective tissue...

Luckily I grow well enough with "lower" weights and focused contractions/tut... Only took me 12 years and plenty of injuries to really figure this out.

Kill it bro.
  • sinewave3 and Chris Benoit like this
Luuurkin...

#5 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

Thanks Poopy, glad to have you. My elbow was giving me some issues but it seemed to go away once I was warned up, that or I simply felt it less lol

I grow some that was too but for now I still like the heavier weights as well, even if I'm trying to take it slowly.
Pull-ups---------52

#6 staytrue82

staytrue82

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:02 AM

In for that 500lb squat man!!
  • commandopat likes this

#7 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

Leg day.
Thought I'd see if the dta had helped my squats... It hasn't yet lol.
135x10
185x8
225x6
275x4
315x2
365x1
405x1
455x0 (would have been a PR but I just didn't have it. Couldn't get out of the hole). I felt a slight something in my lower back so I took it easy-ish after this.
405x2
315x4

Leg press was broken so I did a nice amount of single leg extensions, leg gurls and tether seated and standing calf raises. Three a few sit-ups in as well.

Not a bad workout but not great. I hadn't eaten as much as I should have so I think that contributed to my lack of motivation.

I'm leaving for a wedding Thursday so Wednesday will be my last workout for 4 days. I'll hit it hard this week and then simply give hot body a break for a few days. I'm sure I'll appreciate it.
Pull-ups---------52

#8 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:23 PM

Looks like a solid leg day. I can't wait for the coming leg day. Gonna be squattin' all over that ho.

Enjoy your time out of the gym. Snack hard and relax. I find that time out of the gym can be just as beneficial as time in sometimes.

You'll get that 455 squat PR, just take it easy and don't jack yourself up trying. Slow and steady is better than getting injured like I always am and having to take it easy for a few weeks, months, or even longer.

May the gainz be with you, Patrick.
Meat for the Beast

#9 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

Thanks dude. I love hitting the gym hard but when a few days off are forced upon you I try to embrace it for what it is.
Pull-ups---------52

#10 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:17 PM

I'm actually gonna take a few days off in a week or two so I can get blackout drunk and do some really dumb stuff. I've got some fine rums that I had to order, a 23yr from Guatemala, and a 12yr from Venezuela... Good stuff. Gonna find some kinda whore, get a nice suite or cabin somewhere, guzzle booze like a pirate and pound away for a few days. Gotta have some relaxation and reward in this life, ya know.
Meat for the Beast

#11 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Arms today. Lower back Is very tight/sore. Ditching 455 was not pleasant. Oh well, just did a light weight arm workout focusing on tut. Elbows a little tender, especially on hammer curls so I'm looking forward to the 4 days off.
Pull-ups---------52

#12 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:22 PM

I hate the feeling of racking something KNOWING "crap, I've gone n done it, that's gonna hurt in about an hour"

Never REALLY hurts right away, too much blood flow and adrenaline or something?
Luuurkin...

#13 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

Yeah not sure what prevents the immediate onset of pain but I managed 405 after just fine. Just waking up this morning was an unpleasant realization that apparently I'm still human lol.
Oh well, perfect timing for my 4 days of rest coming up.
Pull-ups---------52

#14 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

Yeah not sure what prevents the immediate onset of pain but I managed 405 after just fine. Just waking up this morning was an unpleasant realization that apparently I'm still human lol.
Oh well, perfect timing for my 4 days of rest coming up.

The only problem I see is that you think you're still human. We're mortals, yes, but definitely not human.
  • commandopat likes this
Meat for the Beast

#15 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

LoL. Demigods?
  • Chris Benoit and commandopat like this
Luuurkin...

#16 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

Demigods has a nice ring to it. Can I change my username to DemiGod? :)

Srs lol
  • poopypants and Chris Benoit like this
Pull-ups---------52

#17 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

DemiGodPat
  • SLR722 and Looseunitwa like this
Luuurkin...

#18 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

^Even better! Lol
Pull-ups---------52

#19 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:26 PM

Really interested on how the tren a suits you champ. Will u be pinning this the same days as the dta?

#20 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

... Don't know how I didn't make the connection that we are running close to the exact same thing right till right now...

I'm@
250 test c(just added 20mg prop eod 3 pins ago)
350 dta
400 Tren e

N only difference is 400mg mast e as well.
Luuurkin...

#21 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

... Don't know how I didn't make the connection that we are running close to the exact same thing right till right now...

I'm@
250 test c(just added 20mg prop eod 3 pins ago)
350 dta
400 Tren e

N only difference is 400mg mast e as well.

How long have you been running that? How is it treating you? What's your diet like? Do you think the DTA is doing anything?
Pull-ups---------52

#22 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:27 AM

Really interested on how the tren a suits you champ. Will u be pinning this the same days as the dta?

Probably although I may only run the DTA for a few weeks with the tren and then simply drop it. I'd like to keep things as simple as possible. Maybe drop dta and increase the test.
  • Looseunitwa likes this
Pull-ups---------52

#23 poopypants

poopypants

Anabolic Poo!

• Members
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

This cycle basically mirrors my last cutting cycle. Only the dta was added to my mast and test cruise 14 weeks ago and tren has only been added the last couple weeks.

Dta is most certainly doing something and has been the work horse coming into this phase of my cut. I've not lost a bit of strength and I'm down 20lbs since August 17th... For a couple weeks I went up to 525 and while I really liked it,I wasn't going to be able to sustain that dose for long and opted to run dta lower for longer cause it's that good.

I'm in a deficit right now, pretty low some days, closer to maintenance others, but average 2100-2500 cals right now... I gain on 3200 like most do on 4-5k n will be 225 in no time flat(and fat) if I push to 4k, even with clean food.

Also... The look has been nice. Very nice. Great pumps, great veinage... My Tren is only just kicking this week so I can't wait to see both in action together as I keep losing these last few lbs... Should get a pretty grainy/veiny look.
Luuurkin...

#24 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:56 AM

Interesting. Sounds like we are quite similar in terms of caloric requirements. I can't imagine 2100-2500. I only dropped down a bit and I'm still a little hungry going to bed. 2100 would have me ravenous and Hangry!
I'm definitely excited to run the tren and hope my caber gets here soon!
Pull-ups---------52

#25 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

Dudes... If I only ate 2,100 cals. I'd prolly be on the news for random acts of cannibalism.

Srsly, tho, I bet if I ate 2,100 cals I'd be down like 40lbs within a month... And 38 of that would be muscle.
Meat for the Beast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users