A Very Loose Cycle.........

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#51 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

Quick question, has any of you guys found a really good training program when cruising? Like is it better to train less a week? Or just do compound training? Or hypertrophy reps etc?
  • Chris Benoit likes this

#52 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

No one else will probably say it but your doing it all wrong man.
Who starts a cycle then just goes out drinking any eating shit right after. Your just asking for issues and killing your gains if any will be made.
You'd been better off staring after and Trying to stay on track than what's going on now.

#53 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

No one else will probably say it but your doing it all wrong man.
Who starts a cycle then just goes out drinking any eating shit right after. Your just asking for issues and killing your gains if any will be made.
You'd been better off staring after and Trying to stay on track than what's going on now.

If he was competing, sure. But he's not so there is nothing wrong with the occasional night out with sloppy food. Sure his body will take several days to expel the poison but that doesn't mean no gains are had, that's absurd.
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#54 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:24 PM

If he was competing, sure. But he's not so there is nothing wrong with the occasional night out with sloppy food. Sure his body will take several days to expel the poison but that doesn't mean no gains are had, that's absurd.

Log was started 8 days ago and I think ice read more about going out drinking and eating shit than anything else.
Competing or not what's going on in here isn't the smart way to cycle.
What I meant about about gains was he might not gain shit even if he didn't party let alone while going out.
I guess I like health over foolish cycles so I'll always be the odd man out here.

#55 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

Log was started 8 days ago and I think ice read more about going out drinking and eating shit than anything else.
Competing or not what's going on in here isn't the smart way to cycle.
What I meant about about gains was he might not gain shit even if he didn't party let alone while going out.
I guess I like health over foolish cycles so I'll always be the odd man out here.

You and your rants about foolish cycles. This one isn't foolish and some drinking is not going to prevent his gains if he lifts. Why you say he might not make any gains is beyond me, but to each their own.

I drink now and then and while I'm not getting black out drunk I have made plenty of gains over the last 9 months.
  • Chris Benoit, Looseunitwa, Acerola and 1 other like this
Pull-ups---------52

#56 Scope75

Scope75

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

Hey there more than one way to skin a cat and you like his and not mine and this isn't a rant just stating the obvious so carry on.
Not making gains was said because he can't stay on track the first 9 days so who knows what'll go on in the next couple weeks.
Drinking now and then over 9 months is completely different than 9 days.
Cheers to you guys...

#57 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

I personally don't drink while I'm on cycle, and I rarely do when I'm off these days. I swear I can stay out one night drinking and it feels like it sets me back like 3 weeks. Probably mostly mental, but when I drink I drrriiinnnk. I try to only be a vacation drinker these days, or maybe once or twice on a cruise. Sucks because getting drunk is probably one of my fav things to do. :P
  • frank thomas likes this
Meat for the Beast

#58 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:33 AM

I personally don't drink while I'm on cycle, and I rarely do when I'm off these days. I swear I can stay out one night drinking and it feels like it sets me back like 3 weeks. Probably mostly mental, but when I drink I drrriiinnnk. I try to only be a vacation drinker these days, or maybe once or twice on a cruise. Sucks because getting drunk is probably one of my fav things to do. :P

Ok, that's not true, you have drunk on cycle.
Pull-ups---------52

#59 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

First up I just started a cruise 9 days ago, not a blast. I'm also pretty sure I didn't say anything about not making gains? I just asked the question when on a low dose cruise, is there a preferred training routine you guys do that either maintains or better still, assists in gains?

Yes I agree that continuous drinking and foolish diet whilst on cycle is a no brainer.

It was Australia Day man. It's a culture thang here. Beers, bbq, mateship etc.

Now I'm also a guy that if I want to have a drink, or eat sloppy on a day or two I will. I'm 47yrs old and as Pat stated, I'm not a competitor and I don't train like most of you guys......6-7 days a week, lots volume etc.

But I here ya Scope and understand. I guess you just have to understand me lol.
  • Chris Benoit and Acerola like this

#60 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:51 AM

Still trying to get this bloat under control. Hopefully in the next couple days when diet back to normal, it will disperse or if needed will add back in the AI.

Trained back and bi's today. Scope you will know it was a trechourous training session sweating the last two days alcohol outta my system.

But got a good pump all round and feel better for it now that it's later on this evening.

BCAAs during work out.
Weighted pull-ups 3x5
Reverse grip bb rows 3x10
One arm db rows 3x10
BB curls 3x10
Incline db curls 3x10
Calves 3x10
15 mins medium intensity treadmill (still in recovery mode lol)

Breakfast - scrambled eggs
Lunch - chicken salad wraps
Dinner - tuna patties and vegetables.

I always snack on almonds throughout the day. Heaps fruit like watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, apples and bananas.
Remember it's 35-40degrees Celsius here being summer, so for me anyway, heavy foods are hard to eat.
  • Chris Benoit and Triton_ like this

#61 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

When you get the urge to go out to drink just drink some pre workout, crank some tunes, and hit the gym
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#62 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

Or, here's a crazy idea, have a couple drinks.
If you can have a few and not have any issues the next day then so be it. I know I can but I also don't drink that often.
  • Chris Benoit and Looseunitwa like this
Pull-ups---------52

#63 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Still trying to get this bloat under control. Hopefully in the next couple days when diet back to normal, it will disperse or if needed will add back in the AI.

Trained back and bi's today. Scope you will know it was a trechourous training session sweating the last two days alcohol outta my system.

But got a good pump all round and feel better for it now that it's later on this evening.

BCAAs during work out.
Weighted pull-ups 3x5
Reverse grip bb rows 3x10
One arm db rows 3x10
BB curls 3x10
Incline db curls 3x10
Calves 3x10
15 mins medium intensity treadmill (still in recovery mode lol)

Breakfast - scrambled eggs
Lunch - chicken salad wraps
Dinner - tuna patties and vegetables.

I always snack on almonds throughout the day. Heaps fruit like watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, apples and bananas.
Remember it's 35-40degrees Celsius here being summer, so for me anyway, heavy foods are hard to eat.

I found dandelion extract to be useful for reducing bloat. I understand its summer down under so you may be underwhelmed but its been very useful for my purposes. Also helps my elbows. 

• Looseunitwa likes this

#64 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

I found dandelion extract to be useful for reducing bloat. I understand its summer down under so you may be underwhelmed but its been very useful for my purposes. Also helps my elbows.

Thanks for the tip, I'm on to it! Cheers champ!

#65 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:16 AM

Omfg......didn't have a drink this wend...wtf........recovering alcoholic I'm becoming lol that's what everyone seems I'm am hahaha

Hit the boulders this wend.

DB press 3x5
DB Rich Piana rear delts 3X10
DB Rear delt flys 3x10
DB Side laterals 3x10
Rotator cuff ins 3x20
Rotator cuff outs 3X20
Inman traps 3x20

Love doing the shoulders and traps, insane pump.

Been a busy wend with having to move my 76yr old mum from her home of 20 years, into with me for a month or so until her retirement villa ready. Long story short, where she lived was mine ( rent free for 20yrs......but my mum bought me and my brother up all on her own, so least I could do) and my mother fukin ex bitch witch of a wife who thru divorce settlement, I have to sell. Bitch taking me for everything she can including my families peace and stable life. But I a believer in karma, justice via extreme pain lol

#66 Pig Iron

Pig Iron

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • LocationHeart Of Dixie

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:26 AM

Fuckin hard shit to deal with there Loose.......Karma comes around, it just often takes way longer than I like.

#67 Pig Iron

Pig Iron

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • LocationHeart Of Dixie

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

Also Im gonna perfect this AI dose and cure our bloat problem once and for all.  And whats with people on here talkin like your not supposed to drink alcohol everyday????

#68 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

That's a bitch of a situation. It's sad to me that some ppl are so vindictive that they would destroy someone's life to get "their share". Granted, there's also the other side where some ppl are so greedy they don't want to give up anything.

I'll be rooting for karma to show up real soon w a sledgehammer.

Good work with all that going on. I know that sometimes it's difficult to focus when you've got bs like that going down.
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#69 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

Damn loose, sorry to hear about the ex
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#70 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Thanks guys re ex and her evil ways. I too believe in a sledgehammer karma retribution............but I also believe in trying to let go and just simply moving on. I have my beautiful partner of the last 7 years who I idolise. And I have 3 beautiful children.....even tho really hard to balance and be positive bc of the ex, they are my all.

And gentleman, Loose is gonna be a dad again lol at 47 fuk me lol.
Yep after two and half years on the IVF program with my Mrs, after 4 tries it happened. My Mrs the most happiest lady on the planet. I'm overly stoked. Just hope I can keep the grey hairs away for a while more lmfao.

And another for the bioscience club................even tho it was IVF, I still had strong wriggling sperm all the way thru cycling! Testosterone for fertility I say lol
  • sinewave3, Chris Benoit, commandopat and 5 others like this

#71 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:10 AM

Congrats you crazy man! Congrats!
Pull-ups---------52

#72 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

Badass brother! Best wishes to you and the misses.
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#73 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hahaha congrats man
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#74 CleanSnatch

CleanSnatch

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

sub'd and getting caught up in here

edit: congrats man!!

• Looseunitwa likes this

#75 CleanSnatch

CleanSnatch

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

Quick question, has any of you guys found a really good training program when cruising? Like is it better to train less a week? Or just do compound training? Or hypertrophy reps etc?

I'm wondering about this too right now. I'm definitely adding in more prehab/rehab/corrective stuff though to get ready for the next blast.

• Looseunitwa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users