Adidas Adipower

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

In need of some new gym shoes, I have narrow, high arched feet. These seem like a good fit but a little pricey. Anyone here own a pair? Or recommend a shoe

#2 anab0lix

anab0lix

• Members
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

I have the powerlift.  They were all on huge sale during new years and on top of the 15% discount code you can get with the email sign up it was a fucking steal. Powerlift for something like $60 and adipower for around 100? I forget but it was crazy cheap.

I have the powerlift and they are are great! However, don't expect to be able to run on them at all.  Not meant for the treadmill or running in general.

It's fine if you have narrow feet, actually works out with these shoes as do I.  They run small from what people are saying.  But with these kinds of shoes you want them a bit snug anyways.

Been rocking powerlifts since 2012.  Can't beat them for lifting.  The flat footing makes lifts stable and really help you get grounded in squats, deadlifts..etc

You can obviously still use them for the bicycle machines and what not....just remember they can't be used as a cross training shoe.

• sinewave3 likes this

#3 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

Cool thanks man, I would love to try some on instead of guessing online. Going to hit up a few stores tomorrow and hope I can find a pair. Where did you see the adipowers for 100? Lowest price I can find is like 170 for the color I want

#4 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

What's wrong with converse? Can't think there's a show that will really be much better for lifting unless you're looking at Olympic shoes, and how many of us can actually justify their use?
  • sinewave3 likes this
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#5 anab0lix

anab0lix

• Members
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:35 AM

Cool thanks man, I would love to try some on instead of guessing online. Going to hit up a few stores tomorrow and hope I can find a pair. Where did you see the adipowers for 100? Lowest price I can find is like 170 for the color I want

Like I said it was on sale during new years I think or during black Friday...It was a while back.  The sale plus the 15% discount you can get signing up for their emails made those prices. You can't get those prices anymore, but you can still get the 15% discount.

#6 iceman99uc

iceman99uc

• Members
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

I've got the Nike Romeleos. I got mine as a Christmas gift. They are nice for oly lifts for sure but they are very stiff. As long as you aren't doing much moving around you'll be fine.

#7 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

What's wrong with converse? Can't think there's a show that will really be much better for lifting unless you're looking at Olympic shoes, and how many of us can actually justify their use?

Converse would destroy my feet, arch would tear apart

#8 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

Call me old school, but skechers are the best shoes i have ever worn, and now i have the memory foam

#9 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

Thought about trying out some lifting shoes but $170 is too much for my stingy wallet.

I like chuck's and other super flat shoes, but am re-evaluating my shoe collection along with all other lifting related aspects. I thought I felt a rip in my arch/plantar fascia when doing deads a month ago.

$60 is kinda the max I would pay for a pair of shoes if I saw those for that price I would consider them.
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

#10 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

Thought about trying out some lifting shoes but $170 is too much for my stingy wallet.
I like chuck's and other super flat shoes, but am re-evaluating my shoe collection along with all other lifting related aspects. I thought I felt a rip in my arch/plantar fascia when doing deads a month ago.
$60 is kinda the max I would pay for a pair of shoes if I saw those for that price I would consider them.

Yeah, not going to be able to make it out to any sporting shops today to try some on but will go tomorrow. Have shit to take care of, hoping to find a pair I like and find it for cheap online.
  • sinewave3 likes this

#11 CleanSnatch

CleanSnatch

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

I have Adipowers. I only use them to squat and clean with. (I don't do other oly lifts)

This is all I'd use them for.

• Triton_ likes this

#12 sinewave3

sinewave3

Swollen Member

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:03 AM

Yeah, not going to be able to make it out to any sporting shops today to try some on but will go tomorrow. Have shit to take care of, hoping to find a pair I like and find it for cheap online.

Ha ha, that's how I do it too!
Sinewave3's New AndroHard log: http://www.prohormon...new-androhard/"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users