• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#51 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

Went and did a little bit of trap stuff. Just some smith BB shrugs and some upright rows. Just wanted to get a little more than what the deads did last night.

Funny thing... I had a nice arm pump from just shrugs and stuff. Didn't even look flat or anything from the low carbs. Maybe I've just got a bunch of 'em stored up or something. Only PWO was 1/2 a cup of coffee. 50-60g of caffeine. Still haven't taken any Ment. Will on chest day.

Tomorrow should be my high carb day, but it's also a rest day, so I'm gonna carb up on Saturday for chest. Probably do back on Saturday. Legs on Monday. Maybe legs on Sunday and back on Monday. Hafta see when the time comes.

Weight today was 255.5ish. Apparently I'm down a few pounds, but I still only really attribute it to emptier guts.

No noticeable sides or anything yet. No swollen hands, no bloat, no hunger(except tonight Inwas REALLY hunger, but probably just because I needed to eat some damn food. Had pork chops w/mushroom sauce and broccoli... And a cheese stick. Really? This is a diet?!), nothing else. Nips are cool. Feeling normal. Everything is chill, brahs. Mad tired, tho. So far I haven't noticed any increased sleep or dream stuff from the MK. Upping the Dien dose tomorrow.
  • frank thomas likes this
Meat for the Beast

#52 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

Try some aminos too. I feel like aminos help lessen my doms.
You do any foam rolling at all? That's another thing that may help some.

Yes these for sure. Get those bcaas into whilst training and after.......it works champ. I've never looked back on this.
  • Chris Benoit likes this

#53 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

The only trap exercise I ever do now is the Inman Shrugs. These make your traps grow like weeds....period!
  • Chris Benoit and frank thomas like this

#54 Pig Iron

Pig Iron

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • LocationHeart Of Dixie

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:16 AM

The only trap exercise I ever do now is the Inman Shrugs. These make your traps grow like weeds....period!

Where do I find out how to do these? Traps are my most favoritest asset. After many shrug variations I finally tried snatch grip high pulls and they've given me some MAJOR trap growth over the past six months or so.
  • Looseunitwa likes this

#55 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:25 PM

Chest day! CARB REFEED DAY! Gonna smash carbs like beast here in a little bit, pop 30-40mg of Ment, go blast chest, then smash carbs and stuff until I pass out.

Will get a weight reading when I hit the gym.

Progress pic for ya bros:

Will give an update on weight and how strength and feelz and stuff are later on after the gym sesh.

So far not noticing anything from the increased test, dien, or MK other than a massive breakout of acne on my upper chest. I dunno what the deal is with that, but all of the sudden like 8 nasty pimples formed... One was on my collar bone.. Swollen like an inch and a half across. Popped it and like 3 tablespoons of pus must have oozed out. Dafuq...

Anyway... I'll update again later after my super chest blast swole session.

• commandopat likes this
Meat for the Beast

#56 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationCali, except when on cycle and then in The Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

Umm...why did you post a pic of your skinny, non-Nubian BF? Or was that you years ago?
Regardless, progress pics require at least two to compare lol
Exercise--------1RM--------@ Weight
Flat Bench-----395lbs x2---198lbs
Deadlift---------600lbs---- --210lbs
Pull-ups---------52
Pushups--------2020 in 1 set, non-stop, no knees on ground etc, in 2H 8 mins.

#57 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Umm...why did you post a pic of your skinny, non-Nubian BF? Or was that you years ago?
Regardless, progress pics require at least two to compare lol

Lmao. That was me in early 2010 before I started lifting weights again. I was pretty fat awhile before that, had my gallbladder removed, started eating healthier, waited about 4 months, started running and doing mad pushups / pullups. At the time of that pic I was running 5 miles a day(5 miles in 39 min was my best, not bad as it only took me a month after cessation of smoking cigarettes and having not ran for like 10 years). I think I weighed around 165-170lbs in that pic. I bought a bench press a week or so later and squeaked out a 1rm of 200lbs. #beast

What y'all estimate my BF% was in that pic? I'd maybe like to be that lean body wise again, but my face and everything was super skinny and sucked up. People started asking me if I was doing drugs, and when I told them I wasn't they would start telling me I don't need to lie and that I needed to get help. So annoying. All I was doing was eating healthy and doing tons of cardio. Smh...
  • commandopat, frank thomas and Looseunitwa like this
Meat for the Beast

#58 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

Cool. 5 per day is a fair amount and I'd guess 10% ish but I'm horrible at that guessing game.
Getting back to that would take some time but anything is doable.
Pull-ups---------52

#59 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

Cool. 5 per day is a fair amount and I'd guess 10% ish but I'm horrible at that guessing game.
Getting back to that would take some time but anything is doable.

Man... If that's 10, I don't ever wanna be less than 12-15 unless I can figure out a way for my face to hold some fat and water. I looked like a crackhead. Fuq.

I'd be more than happy with 12% year round, I think.
Meat for the Beast

#60 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

Just got done hitting chest.

Weighed in at 253.5, which has me down 5lbs in a week. Obviously mostly water and whatnot, but still. It's a good start.

Strength was not very impressive, but that was more or less to be expected. Hopefully I can muster up some strength gains after running the Dien @ 700 for awhile.

Flat BB bench - 5 sets. Managed 315 for almost 5, needed a little help on the last one. Grr. So weak. I should be doing this for like 10+. Grr.

Incline DB press - 4 sets

Incline Smith press - 4 sets

Incline DB flys - 4 sets

... And that was that.

Kinda weird, here I am 30 min out of the gym and I don't even feel like I worked out. I'm sure that will change tomorrow.

Today is carb refeed today, going terrible. Fuqin' 7:30pm and I've only eaten 2.5 times. Weekends absolutely Jack my diet because I sleep until 10, eat, and then take a nap for a few more hours, where I usually eat at 7:30am and then again around 11.

About to smash a giant pizza, which violates the low fat rule on carb refeed day, but I don't care. I'm hungry and need to eat badly. Gonna spend the rest of the night sitting around snacking until I pass out.

Legs tomorrow. Back on Monday. Somewhere in there I gotta hit abs, too.
  • Looseunitwa likes this
Meat for the Beast

#61 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:41 AM

Chest day! CARB REFEED DAY! Gonna smash carbs like beast here in a little bit, pop 30-40mg of Ment, go blast chest, then smash carbs and stuff until I pass out.

Will get a weight reading when I hit the gym.

Progress pic for ya bros:

Will give an update on weight and how strength and feelz and stuff are later on after the gym sesh.

So far not noticing anything from the increased test, dien, or MK other than a massive breakout of acne on my upper chest. I dunno what the deal is with that, but all of the sudden like 8 nasty pimples formed... One was on my collar bone.. Swollen like an inch and a half across. Popped it and like 3 tablespoons of pus must have oozed out. Dafuq...

Anyway... I'll update again later after my super chest blast swole session.

Fuk I could never imagine you like that beast? Far out incredible!

#62 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:49 AM

Where do I find out how to do these? Traps are my most favoritest asset. After many shrug variations I finally tried snatch grip high pulls and they've given me some MAJOR trap growth over the past six months or so.

Sorry champ it use to be on you tube. But I can't find it?
If you pm Wesley I'm sure he will send you the video on how to do.
Basically, you grab the 20kg / 45lb plate in each hand. Then a bit like deadlift form, drop then down to the ground and then bring the plates up using the traps and hold for 10 seconds, then repeat. 3 X 20 reps, 2-3 times a week. Pain my friend........the pain lol
  • Pig Iron and Chris Benoit like this

#63 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

https://youtu.be/nM1onefXf3g

^^^ That's the link to the Inman shrug video. Loose, you're crazy(who am I to talk TBH), that was the first video on the list when I looked for it.

I can't do these with you plates at my gym. I've tried and it doesn't quite work. I'm thinking about switching to a different gym that has the type of plates he uses in the video... I think BB shrugs and the regular stuff works, but these are very promising and a lot of people swear by them.
Meat for the Beast

#64 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

So, weird thing. My pecs aren't NEARLY as sore as they would usually be after a chest workout. I mean, they are sore, but usually I can't move the next day. Barely any soreness right now.

But...

Here I am, strutting around my house with no shirt on, looking like a jacked up cave troll... Take a peep at myself in the mirror, and notice that it almost looks like I've got a chest pump. Upon further examination, my upper chest(which used to be damn near nonexistent) seems to be getting significantly meatier... This is a good thing, if you look at my chest routines these days, about 75% of my sets are focused on incline. Now... I'm sitting here looking at my chest... And then I find a fresh stretch mark on the side near my armpit, like an inch and a half long and half an inch wide. Like... It felt fresh... Looks fresh... As if it happened yesterday? How dafuq am I getting stretch marks on a freaking cut when my strength is going down? Why am I looking so huge... Is the MK tightening up my skin or something? Whatever is happening, I'll take it. Only a week in, already down some weight, looking bigger than usual.

I tell ya bros what... If I can actually manage to shed ~15lbs of fat, maintain myself through my next cruise... Hit a nasty bulking cycle with a really good diet... Fools are gonna be running for their lives when I step into places. As they should... As they damn well should...

Treating myself to some high fat / high protein treats today. There is a smokehouse on the shore of one of the great lakes about 30 minutes from me that has ABSOLUTELY hands down the best smoked fish ever. I'm not just saying that, either. I lived in Alaska. I worked as a salmon fisherman. I lived in Seattle. I got fish from the market. I've snakked fish around the damn world. Nothing holds a candle to this place. To top it off, I'm friends with an employee(who happens to be the founder's grandson) and he hooks it up fat. Totally gonna score like 10lbs of smoked fish. King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Lake Trout(my fav), some Whitefish... Steamed veggies w/a slab of smoked fish and a few low carb / low fat cheese sticks. Perfect meal for my current diet.

#snakboss #meatforthebeast #onadietandstillsnackinhard #cavetroll
  • TripleOvertime likes this
Meat for the Beast

#65 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

Leg day...

Lemme tell ya, like 25g carbs all day before I hit the gym... 3/4 cup of coffee PWO. Didn't really feel like working out. As soon as I saw them weights and that sweet barbell, something changed. Something inside me... Came alive.

Warmed up on the elliptical for approximately 3.5 minutes. Stretched a bit. I never do front squats. When I say never, I mean I literally only ever tried doing them once before and did one light rep and though "well, this sucks..." Never did them again. So, I decided to front squat. Loved it. Hit some sets. Set a front squat PR for myself. I'm sure I could have gone somewhat heavier, bit I managed to get 300. Hardest part was not having it roll forward off my shoulders, not so much actually squatting it. Wasn't light by any means, but maybe I could have gone a bit heavier. Can't say how much. 20lbs? 25lbs? Less? More? I really don't know. Anyway, 300 for my first time actually front squatting seems okay. I enjoyed doing them, and I think they are gonna be my "new thing." It seems to much easier to squat deep on the front squat. Less stress on the lower back and stuff it seems. Gonna do front squats for like an hour straight next leg day.

Did a regular back squat routine after that. Didn't squat heavy, just did like 6 sets of 10 between 225 and and 315, all pretty much near ass to grass. I was all hyped up for some reason. I usually don't really enjoy leg day per se, it feels like I'm just doing hard work. Not pleasurable. Today was pure pleasure. Loved every miserable rep. :P

Supersetted a bunch of leg extensions and stuff with some ab work and called it a day.

Didn't do a whole variety of leg exercises, but I probably should start. Mostly focused on blowing my quads up, but I probably should start doing more direct ham work.

Gonna chill here now and snack down 3 pieces of low-fat string cheese(this stuff is amazing... Snacking cheese like a boss on a diet? Unheard of), a smoked fish, and some protein water.

2 tubs of low-fat plain Greek yogurt(20g protein each) and a shot of flax oil after that... Then sleep.

Slept like absolute crap last night. MK? Dien? I dunno. Sucked. Woke like 20 times. Didn't help that crazy drunk chicks were calling me repeatedly at 4:30am. Not once did I answer that ish. Dafuq kinda person you think I am...

Back day tomorrow. Gonna do like 2 straight hours of rows and pulls. I ain't gotta work, so might as well put the time to good use and slay my back. So pumped. Fuq, I just wanna go pull on some stuff right now.

/end rant
Meat for the Beast

#66 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:37 AM

https://youtu.be/nM1onefXf3g
^^^ That's the link to the Inman shrug video. Loose, you're crazy(who am I to talk TBH), that was the first video on the list when I looked for it.

Whaaaaaat.....when I search it still doesn't show up? Maybe it got banned in Australia like everything else lol. Fuk I'm simply a retard on computers, sorry guys.

I can't do these with you plates at my gym. I've tried and it doesn't quite work. I'm thinking about switching to a different gym that has the type of plates he uses in the video... I think BB shrugs and the regular stuff works, but these are very promising and a lot of people swear by them.

Farmers walk would be a great way to go. Let's face it. You see strongmen who have massive traps, and most say heavy fuk farmers are the bees knees. I can't lift heavy like that, so Wesleys just work so good for me.

#67 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

Farmers walk would be a great way to go. Let's face it. You see strongmen who have massive traps, and most say heavy fuk farmers are the bees knees. I can't lift heavy like that, so Wesleys just work so good for me.

I should start doing some farmers... Farmer's walks, that is. Not like going out and banging a dude in overalls and a straw hat. Don't be weird.
  • Looseunitwa likes this
Meat for the Beast

#68 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:29 AM

Went and did back yesterday.

Weighed 254.25ish. Was hoping to weigh less, but whatevs. Still early in my venture...

Slept in, ate, took a nap, felt like a major zombie all day. Was laying down to take another nap and a friend called and bugged me about going to the gym. Got my ass up and went.

3/4 cup coffee and 30mg Ment couldn't cut through my zombieness. Didn't wanna have anything to do with pumping iron when I got there. Was gonna do bent over rows, it I just couldn't do it. Lower back was mangled from doing like 12 sets of squats the day before, core was mangled from destroying my abs. Ended up having the weakest back session of all time. Couldn't shake the zombieness until the very end.

Did about 7 sets of lat pulls, 4 sets of DB rows, 10 sets of seated row / pulls at different angles, hitting the upper back between my shoulder blades, mid, and lower lat area. Felt like a good workout, but I know it was incredibly half assed. I probably should have waited and did it today, but who got time fo waiting. I'll just get another back sesh in a few days. Double up this week. My back is sore this morning, at least.

No gym today. Just gonna chill.

Shoulders and arms tomorrow night. Can't even tell ya how stoked I am to hit some military press and stuff. Missed shoulder day last week due to some kinda mystery from bicep day that was completely gone the next morning after I was supposed to do shoulders...

If I don't lose 20lbs of pure fat this week alone, I'm going to Mexico next weekend for lipo.
Meat for the Beast

#69 frank thomas

frank thomas

• Reps
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

I'm going to Mexico next weekend for lipo.

two sucks for little bucks down there!

#70 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

two sucks for little bucks down there!

Ya ain't gotta tell me things I already know... Heh.
Meat for the Beast

#71 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

Went and did shoulders / triceps tonight. Felt great all day. Low carbs don't even really seem to make me feel crappy. Lately I've been seeming to have more energy, not sleeping at work and stuff. Anyway... Was thinking about hitting shoulders all day. Felt so good to finally do it.

Military Press: 13 sets... I could just not stop doing sets. I tried to walk away. Couldn't do it. Just kept hammering out sets. Shoulders weren't getting sore, didn't feel like they were getting exhausted, even though I was pretty much going to failure on 60% of the sets.

Front plate raises: 5 sets.

Lateral DB raises: 2 sets. My shoulders absolutely hate these. Mostly my right shoulder.

Rear delt cable flys: 7 sets.

After this, I ran through a tricep superset gauntlet for like 30 min. Huffin' n puffin'. Barely any rest between sets. Felt like a beast doing them. The heavier the weights got, the easier it was... Just killin' weights. Triceps didn't even feel blasted when I was done, but I knew that wasn't even possible. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that they're gonna be screamin' tomorrow.

Weight: 254.25... Weight not really changing much over the past few days. It might just be my mind playing tricks on me, but between the new diet and the roids n stuff, I feel like maybe I'm already seeing changes of sorts...

Slabs of Lake Trout, bros. Protein and omega 3 mania. Lake Trout actually has the highest omega 3 content of any fish out there. Dem fools ain't no joke, brahs. Just snackin' slabs of that dank.

#meatforthebeast
  • commandopat and staytrue82 like this
Meat for the Beast

#72 frank thomas

frank thomas

• Reps
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:54 AM

Ya ain't gotta tell me things I already know... Heh.

A man of my own heart! lol

#73 commandopat

commandopat

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

When I did a low carb, high fat diet I too felt less hunger and more even keel in terms of energy; less crashes throughout the day. It's certainly nice to change things up now and the and the food choices being high in fat are awesome to mix things up when you're tired of chicken.
Pull-ups---------52

#74 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

Went and blasted biceps.

Tossed the whole lot at 'em. Spent a good 45 minutes just beatin' on my curlers. Hit 'em with some EZ bar curls, standing DB curls, hammer curls, cable bar curls, one arm cable curls, cable rope curls, and overhead cable curls. Pretty sure I worked 'em pretty well. Had a nice pump. Some dude I barely know came over and gave my left a squeeze. Thought it was ghey but let it go because dude is some kinda college curling(the weird sport, not the exercise) champion and decided not to ruin his career by snapping his arm in half...

Weighed in at 256. 256? Dropped down to 253.5 and now I'm making gainz or something? Dafuq...

Deads, traps, and abs tomorrow.
  • Looseunitwa likes this
Meat for the Beast

#75 Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit

• Members
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

Went and did deads.

Weighed in at 253ish.

Was mad drained by the time I got to the gym. Slept like crap last night. I drank 3/4 cup of coffee before I went it. Didn't do much other than make me sweat a little bit...

Did 135x12, 225x10, 315x8, 405x5, 405x3x4

Had intended to be generic and do 5 sets of 3, but did a set of 5 the first go through. Definitely could have gone heavier. Probably do 5 sets of 3 with 425 or 455 or something next week. Maybe I'll just try and pull 500. I dunno. I should start some kinda legit deadlift program.
Meat for the Beast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users