Coconut Oil & Macros

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:15 PM

My macros are: 44% protein, 30% carbs, 26% fat.

I've read or heard somewhere that it's difficult to store coconut oil as body fat because of the MCT content. Any truth to this? Should i would still add the calories from coconut oil into my macros, right?

Thanks brothers

#2 Acerola

Acerola

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

I would definitely plan to add any oils, regardless of source into macros.

I am far from a a nutrition expert but I think to not do so could have you consuming a lot more fat then you intend to depending on how strict you are otherwise. 

If you are already tracking macros, why not include this? Furthermore, though some will say fat from beef and fat from coconut oil are different and others say they are exactly the same. I think it's a matter of opinion but I would err on the side of caution and track everything.. 

• delariva likes this

#3 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Thanks for the insight!

Hey as far as macros go...

I'm doing 44% protein, 30% carbs and 26% fats based on my target overall weight of 183. I'm doing 10 calories per pound of target weight goal, so that's roughly 1830 calories a day. From what I can gather, that's the weight where I will be if I continue to lose fat weight and also reach 10% bodyfat (if my calculations are correct). So in an average day, I'm consuming 202 grams of protein, 138 grams carbs and 53 grams of fat.

Should I be going higher on my calories than that? Is 10 calories per pound too low or too high? Should my target goal weight calculation be based on lean BM at 183 (in this case 1647 calories a day) to be more effective?

#4 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,106 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

ultimately net calories determine it. whats up with weird macro % also?

http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#5 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

I tried one with lower carbs and higher fats but by comparison I just feel better when I keep the fats lower for some reason. The more fats I eat the more I crave. I do tend to go higher carb on days when I'm lifting and doing sprints...and higher fats on rest days and lifting only days.

What macro percentages do you prefer?

#6 sinewave3

sinewave3

• Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

Just wanted to say I love coconut oil. Be sure to include it in your calorie count because it can add up fast! A lot is great for bulking but a little is great for fat loss as long as it fits in your macros.

BTW coconut oil is supposed to have numerous health benefits due to the Lauric acid and MCT content.
  • Acerola likes this

Sinewave3's Road To Recovery log: http://www.prohormon...ad-to-recovery/

#7 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,106 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

I tried one with lower carbs and higher fats but by comparison I just feel better when I keep the fats lower for some reason. The more fats I eat the more I crave. I do tend to go higher carb on days when I'm lifting and doing sprints...and higher fats on rest days and lifting only days.

What macro percentages do you prefer?

no i agree that low fat higher carb gives better performance and keeps you mentally sane. I was just wondering what was up with the % and why not keep them even numbers is all like 40/40/20 or something like that. No biggie.
http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#8 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

I would definitely like the 40/40/20. A hell of a lot easier to calculate that's for sure. I was copying someone elses macro percentages that I had read somewhere. This person was using this specific percentage to drop from 10% to 5% bf (or so they said/wrote). 

Let me ask you this: the person that wrote/said this information said that this is an 8 weeks process during cutting and that you start out with roughly 40/40/20, but start dropping the carb levels down by 25 grams each week until 50 grams per day until the end of the 8 weeks. At the end of the 8 weeks return to 40/40/20 or bulk cycle appropriately or whatever. Also he says about once a week jack the carbs upwards to 250 grams sort of like a refeed. Does that sound right for a cutting cycle that lasts 8 weeks?

BTW on refeed days (as well as when I cut my carb grams) I will most likely elevate the protein % more than the fat %. I just feel better low fat. Hate to fuck up my test levels doing lower fat, but I won't be below 20% or above 26% if I can help it. I can't imagine 20-26% will mess with T levels, but I could be wrong.

Oh well, just thoughts. Hey thanks for the insight gents.

#9 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,106 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

I don't see a point in doing carb cycle or cuting carbs unless you're lean enough for it to really make a big visual difference. I would say around 10% and below. It just drys you out more and gives an illusion of a leaner physique. You won't see it as much at a higher %. Might as well do it the simpler way until it stops working.
  • delariva likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users