Work Out Legs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

I'm trying to focus on my weak areas, mostly the upper body in general. The problem is that if I work my legs too hard then they'll get huge. I'm serious it doesn't take too much and my legs get thicker and thicker and my upper body looks small by comparison. Fricken hate this shit, but it could be worse I guess. So i'm focusing my attention on my upper so to balance things out. Anyhow I'm doing alternating wind sprints and hill sprints 3x a week with a heavy upper body routine (heavy weights 3 sets of 5 reps). That's about all I want to do to keep proportional.

I'd like to do more core work such as squats and deads but again I don't want to build legs up. Is there a set and reps scheme that would help build core but not legs?

Thanks!

#2 saywat2587

saywat2587

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

Don't get a ridic pump? Just do it until you got a half chub pump.

#3 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

Okay cool. So would you keep the weight lighter and maybe more reps?

#4 saywat2587

saywat2587

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

Personally, no I still like to have strength. But if you're looking for more separation/conditioning in your legs then yes.

#5 TheGreatLatzby

TheGreatLatzby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:49 PM

Work the hell out of the legs. You don't see guys with natty big upper bodies taking it easy because they don't want to look unbalanced. Tom Platz?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users